No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +1.2 Days

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » another brain storm from ruff ...
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
 Author another brain storm from ruff ...
Creeping Shadow
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2004-07-23 23:33   
oke guyz .. i've said this befor and wel now i'm writing it down ...

how bout we haf a consumable items in our cargo ... wel so far i got 1 for eatch faction ..

ICC - shield battries [ instant recharge of shields once consume (% could be varie on the balance issue)]

KLUTH - emp bomb ... something like emp wave but when use ... it will blase a emp wave .. making all sensor inactive for a while .. giving time for the ship to run away ..

UGTO - umm wel bit of a nutta to think of but all i can think of now is speed boost .. or power boost ..

these will be faction restricted ...

ohh yehh on my other note .. may be we can sepret the infintry and cargo space .. limiting infintry but give more room to carry salvage .. which will make salvage idea work well ..

well thatz all for now .. flame, comment, rant, whine, welll thatz your choice

James T. Krunk
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2004-07-23 23:53   
good idea for way in the future and also very expandable

Email James T. Krunk
Forseth (Ret)
Fleet Admiral

not bad ideas ruff. the Shield batteries would deffinatley turn the tides on a battle. maybe sumthin to let the DEVs think about when they got sum free time

Email Forseth (Ret)
Forseth (Ret)
Fleet Admiral

not bad ideas ruff. the Shield batteries would deffinatley turn the tides on a battle. maybe sumthin to let the DEVs think about when they got sum free time

Email Forseth (Ret)
DOM700 [-IMO-]
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2004-07-24 03:13   
nice ideas

Never forget what you fight for
I have earned my betatester badge for being part of the open beta

Email DOM700 [-IMO-]   Goto the website of DOM700 [-IMO-]
BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2004-07-24 04:04   
more power to the UGTO 0.o

just give em LAG POWA!

Creeping Shadow
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2004-07-24 04:06   
backslash .. read carefully .. these r 1 time boost .. once consume it'z gone .. power boost mean when a player use it .. item gone .. but give may be50% or 100% power but thatz thatz

Shigernafy
Admiral

Posted: 2004-07-24 04:24   
It'd be nice to be able to carry ammo or jump fuel as well. Or even jump drive nitro; click on it to double your speed for a bit, depending upon how big the thing is - though it will hurt your jd when you're done, or maybe increase its reload time (delaying your next jump) a bit.

But a refill pack of, say, 20 torps (distributed among the bays) would be handy, or a 1000 extra jump fuel. Or, once they're extended and cannot be restocked simply by supply ships, an additional fighter or two would be nice as well.

Email Shigernafy
Banshee
Grand Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2004-07-24 11:00   
WHEN the DEVs have free time Forseth? when do they not have free time!

Backslash... An Optimist laughs to forget, a Pessimist forgets to laugh,

Im guessing your a pessimist aka Barthezzz MKII

Malduc{-GTN-}
Cadet

Posted: 2004-07-24 12:01   
I like the idea of having designated inf bays and cargo bays. One would be a pressurized bay just for inf, the other a bay designed to be open to space to bring in cargo only. I like.

Malduc

Honor Is All

Quistis {C?}
Cadet
Evil Empires Inc.

Posted: 2004-07-24 12:54   
Glad you decided to stay ruff

Puny
1st Rear Admiral

Posted: 2004-07-24 13:17   
No offense, but I think this idea is VERY bad.

I do not like the idea of having consumable items that people can buy to make themselves better. Especially the shield recharge, this would be overpumped and over used. Imagine a Station wormholes itself near an UGTO planet, the station, of course, has reinforcements come in. But that doesnt stop the UGTO torp cruisers from blowing it to nothing. But if it was filled with rechargers, it could take an almost endless amount of hits. That is a bad idea.

The emp bomb doesn't go with Kluth, it would go with the UGTO, but still. If the emp bomb was in cargo, wouldn't that nullify the ship it is contained in only? Since it is IN the ship, it would make all the ships functions just turn off. All weapons gone, all shields gone, Jump drive? Gone. Cloak? GONE! It would turn the fleeing ship, into a free snack to whoever would want to attack it.

UGTO power boost.. Uh, what? If you were able to jump more power into a ship, wouldn't that overload the reactors in the engines and reactors? That would make the ship take some damage, and not be able to use it's reactors or engines until they got repaired. And the speed boost would be slightly cheap for a larger ship (Scout considered), maybe if this game was fighter based we could use an overcharge in the engines to push the fighter just a little faster. But for a Dread to use the overdrive would cause the ship to go faster, and possibly lose multiple systems.

Once again Ruff, this is NOT a personal attack, I am just trying to post my feelings about consumables. This is NOT Diablo! This is NOT a potion-fest.

One thing I would LIKE to see in this game, would be the ability TO overcharge a system. Such as a CL 2000, you could overcharge it to do more dmg, and last longer, but it would take the risk of damaging the system. Or you could overcharge shields to over 100% capacity, but lose energy in the process. Or you could overcharge a jump drive and jump farther and faster than before, but also take a large risk of blowing your drive in the process. Making you stranded or just overly screwed if you are in a Flee or Die situation.

Just my 2.8 pennies. Flame as you wish.

-Puny

**EDIT** I'd like to say that I like most of Ruff's ideas and that he is a wonderful brainstormer, but I just don't want this game to come into consumables. Ty, and booyah Diablo 2.

[ This Message was edited by: Puny on 2004-07-24 13:23 ]

Dempster
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2004-07-24 15:27   
i dont like puny. does that mean he cant play? =P read his first line...
i think this would add alot to the game but with how slow everything moves i doubt it will ever happen

Creeping Shadow
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2004-07-24 16:20   
wel puny everyone haf opinion and i dun't mind your flam coz to be honest it'z pretty consturctive... now what i want you guyz to understand is .. there is a reason ppl call it brain STORM .. this is the first stage of design the very begining ... from here on if we like is we refine it .. i know alot of you may be thinking this is like how itz gonna be in final product ... alot of refine ment can be made .. for example if you worry bout potion feast .. imagin evy time you consume you get some sorta system damage ... so under cirtin min you consume another you get 1/2 of what ya used to get .. and so on .. soo pretty soon when it coem to thr 3rd it will barely make anymore dif and you would haf alot of damage syetem ...and so on .. well guyz like i said brain storm ... the very 1st step of deesign ... itz call concept building stage .. so if u like the idea but need few changes refinment go ahead it'z juz a brain storm ... ...

Dempster
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2004-07-24 16:25   
u need to keep in mind that they can limit it so its not overused =P

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Page created in 0.025736 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR