No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +22.4 Hours

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » another brain storm from ruff ...
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
 Author another brain storm from ruff ...
Tellaris
Grand Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2004-07-24 18:21   
Quote:

On 2004-07-24 13:17, Puny wrote:

Especially the shield recharge, this would be overpumped and over used. Imagine a Station wormholes itself near an UGTO planet, the station, of course, has reinforcements come in. But that doesnt stop the UGTO torp cruisers from blowing it to nothing. But if it was filled with rechargers, it could take an almost endless amount of hits. That is a bad idea.

This is not quite as bad as it may sound. The only problem would be making it significant enough to be useful, but insignificant enough to not make a battle decisive. Plus, this would probobly be spread out amoung all 4 (sometimes 5) sheilds, so the impact is not quite so great. To take full advantage of this, the player has to direct all power to one sheild... They do this, just hit another quadrant, not much of an advantage.

Quote:

The emp bomb doesn't go with Kluth, it would go with the UGTO, but still. If the emp bomb was in cargo, wouldn't that nullify the ship it is contained in only? Since it is IN the ship, it would make all the ships functions just turn off. All weapons gone, all shields gone, Jump drive? Gone. Cloak? GONE! It would turn the fleeing ship, into a free snack to whoever would want to attack it.

It would be inactive, thus it wouldn't effect the ship. As well, its perfectly possible to contain whatever in a shell that breaks easily, but prevents interaction with the environment untill it hits something at a fairly good velocity.

Quote:

UGTO power boost.. Uh, what? If you were able to jump more power into a ship, wouldn't that overload the reactors in the engines and reactors? That would make the ship take some damage, and not be able to use it's reactors or engines until they got repaired. And the speed boost would be slightly cheap for a larger ship (Scout considered), maybe if this game was fighter based we could use an overcharge in the engines to push the fighter just a little faster. But for a Dread to use the overdrive would cause the ship to go faster, and possibly lose multiple systems.

Ever hear of BATTERIES? Precharged batteries to supplement your depleted ones! And absolutely no danger to the user! Overcharge in a larger ship... I'm not gonna touch on this, because I'd probobly need to know more then I do about physics. Of course, this game often does ignore reality, so what the heck.

Quote:

One thing I would LIKE to see in this game, would be the ability TO overcharge a system. Such as a CL 2000, you could overcharge it to do more dmg, and last longer, but it would take the risk of damaging the system. Or you could overcharge shields to over 100% capacity, but lose energy in the process. Or you could overcharge a jump drive and jump farther and faster than before, but also take a large risk of blowing your drive in the process. Making you stranded or just overly screwed if you are in a Flee or Die situation.

Would be nice, but could use a little more thinking... Nice idea though Puny.

Quote:

Just my 2.8 pennies. Flame as you wish.

Whatever happend to the 2 cents??

Quote:

-Puny

Why do people do this? Its nice for alternate accounts, but why do it with the same name at the top corner of the post? Just wondering...

And the post has been ripped to shreads! Beat ya to it Bart!

Edit: Spelling by Baikon The Spellchecker!

[ This Message was edited by: Baikon on 2004-07-24 18:27 ]

DubStep Santa
Marshal

Posted: 2004-07-24 19:46   
i thought he said all thes would be one time use per ship am i wrong ?

NUTS

Email DubStep Santa
Meko
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2004-07-24 23:13   
heres a scenario for you. (if i read post correctly)

ICC armada enters UGTO space.

one light transport.
one AC.
one station
and one jump cruiser
one 'heavy' supply

UGTO player defence

one carrier cruiser
two TC
one battle dread
2 heavy supplys

----situation----

the icc fleet WH'ed in 3000 GU from planet. the BD and two TC's charge while the carrier lobbs fighters.

the ICC AC put up a valliant fight, but perished trying to hide under the station.

station health Hull100% armor 30% shields 20%

station now has a sup, a JC and a tranny to help it out. but wait. theres the new system management screen f7

station captain clicks this. the tactical diognostics display goes blue. captain right click the WH device, and sets it to "reroute to shield". all power from recharging the WH device, now goes into shields.

the JC opens a worm hole. then goes into it. an AC and a scout pop into the system. then right before the WH closes a frigate pops into the system.

one TC dies.
the other retreats for repair
^^ ditto the battle dread.

in this moment of peace, the frigate (sensor) has 3x pulse lazers and becomes the stations helpfull PD boat. the station shield are shoring up nicely and the supply is helpfully repairign the armor/hull

the captain of the station takes this moment to 'f7' and right clicks each engine one at a time setting them to "shunt to shield*".

*shunt to shield.= no engine power goes to thrust. it all goes to shields. shields are now 200% but the stations a sitting duck.

not anymore. trusty tractor scout starts pushign the station onward at a mach 5gu

the UGTO seeing the station enveloped in a shimmering coat of armor get scared. the two TCs and battle dread rush in. the AC get fluxx-oh-fide and retreats, and the frigate hide's under the station. now with the fighters getting through to the station the shields start to drop. the TC's circle like sharks and the stations shields is dropping.

the battle dread charges in laying salvo after salvo into the station and at "eta 10 seconds" starts the darn kamikazi count. as the BD slips under the station it detonates. the scout and frigate perish, but the transport pilot was awake, so he e-jumped. the AC returnes to harras one of the TC's and the stations shields are now 30%. since theres only one TC the station is redirecting all the power to the one side. the battle dread pilot is back in a new battle dread. and it hypers in to harras the station. the transport jumps back under the station (good pilot) and tries to defend the station (hull 80% armor 0% shields 0%)
the station pilot being as good as he is, might die now. but wait

the station puts all engines to thrust, and the WH device power to over charge the thrusters. the shield generators now are feeding power into the station. station speed 11gu.

after a 30 second burn the WH device and shield generators have to stop shunting power into engines..... core overload iminent.

station speed = 5 gu, wh still 5% recharged. WH NRG back to what its suppost to do, and the shield generators have burned out. the reactors now are 100% devoted to WH device and the captain drains all power from the CL2k's into the WH device.

in record time (45 seconds) the WH device went from 5% to 100%.

draw backs. shields are broken. all CL2k's are drained and Cannot be recharged because thier circuts are fused to the WH device. the reactors arnt supplying the weapons, and are only chargin the WH device.

the WH divice is used. the AC makes an escape into tit (10% hull) and the tranny is alive with 20% hull. the station makes it into WH with a whopping 30% hull and most of the crew alive.

---------------Moral of the story------------------

i was only tellign you what the Station was doing with the new f7 screen.

but just by system micro-management the station lived. were as a normal station woulda died. i included some tactics (self-d) that Would happen and soem things that wouldnt happen. (TC die, Pah!)

anyways. if youve actually read this, i think this fits a Purfect improvement for DS.

now before you say "LEARNING CURVE OMG SO HARD ALREADY". well yeah it is.

so lets have a screen that is.... toggled. default = f7 screen is on "auto". first time you press f7 it will ask you if u wish to switch to advanced mode.

so let the good times roll.

anyways, i dont want this to become a potion fest liek diablo, but i WOULD like some things that would make combat even that much more fun. draining CL's into engins to get the burst of speed to get away........ Slurp.

anyways. /rant

Email Meko
Meko
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2004-07-25 02:14   
cmon plz i liek the idea of almost endless modding....

i Love the idea of a cruiser with no shields but runs 35 GU

Email Meko
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Page created in 0.010247 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR