No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +1.0 Days

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » Redo of detection system?
 Author Redo of detection system?
Binks
1st Rear Admiral

Posted: 2004-08-07 22:47   
First off this is gonna be a short post for the idea I have, it would take FAR too long to explain my idea in full detail

Okay, ever since I started playing DS one main area of gameplay has bothered me...detecting enemy ships, this is one of hte most important parts of the game since if you can't see them you can't hit them but I think the current system is severely lacking...the short versian of my idea is this, a "radar" like system where your ship sends out pulses (power, speed, and reliability depends on the sensor, a actual thing in the ship screen, moddable, and turn on or offable jsut like all other weapons/specials...then you would completely replace the ecm and eccm system so with similar things, no visable pulse (since ecm would not render your ship invisable, just mistakeable for an asteroid or something) and their own slot (along with scanners)...the "radar" would send out a pulse(not a real pulse) which would bounce off all objects in the area (this of course is all non-visable) and report back...when it hits an enemy ship the "radar" bounces back and when it hits the ship the computer calculates the enemy ship's size and distance...ecm would then make your ship appear smaller...so for instance a ecm boat (which would have to stop working by the way, or else it would be too powerful) would look like maybe a scout, or even an asteroid...ship displays should come up with their signature and distance (which can't be fooled because it's based on time) so there's another skill aspect, is that 30 sig ship at max distance a station, or an eccm and sensor running scout...if you don't get my idea (which actually isn't my idea, its been proposed before) then jsut ask a question, I'm out of typing time...

comments, questions, concerns? (note: cloak renders you invisable to radar because it bends light rays, including microwaves and radar waves, around itself)

[ This Message was edited by: Binks on 2004-08-08 12:11 ]