No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +17.0 Hours

Search

Anniversaries

1st - Alamode

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » jus a simple suggestion
 Author jus a simple suggestion
Creeping Shadow
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2004-08-14 06:00   
oke prob sum one talke about this before nut anyway today i went on mv a found out most of my ships r lock in areal .... now i got a dead garrage with no space so my suggestion is simple allow all ships that r in garrage to be spawn at home gate .. so if u dock ship anywhere you can spawn that ship at the home gate .. thanx

Tbone
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2004-08-14 14:40   
And this is where punctuation helps. I think I was able to discern the message, that you want ships docked in a shipyard be allowed to spawn at the home gate.

Simple and straightforward, no. If you want ships to be spawn anywhere, log out in them. If your ships aren't where you want them to be, move them.

Email Tbone
Peachy
1st Rear Admiral
Evil Empires Inc.

Posted: 2004-08-14 14:45   
Not always practical Tbone.

I agree with Ruff's suggestion, if it ould be implemented in the next patch, great.

Tbone
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2004-08-14 15:01   
No, it isn't always practical. That is why you plan ahead and not use all your ships in a single fight in a single system.

Email Tbone
JackSwift
Cadet
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2004-08-14 15:21   
I have to agree with Tbone on this one (and not because he lives within spitting distance). If you dock your ships on the font lines, don't be surprised 8 hours later when the SY is capped. I always spend the extra 2-12 minutes before I log off, to make sure my ships aren't stuck in the enemy's territory.

\"Errare Human Est.\"

Email JackSwift
Creeping Shadow
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2004-08-14 17:36   
dear mr Tbone .. go chew another bone .... you r forgeting the fact that this is after all a game .. and ummm yes i've log out all my ships since the lock down started but ... you know some time ya juz dun't haf the chooice and time coz hey when police knocking you start walking .. and i dun't usually juz take out ac and shoot everything red .. i haf bomber transport and so on and so forth .. so if you intend to blame me coz wel i dun't have 8 to 9 min to log out all 4 ship .. i would swear but it'z in appropritiate ... and spawning at home gate do no harm to anyone .. so y against it ? open you eyes .. unless u r wearing those lil things that cover the side like a running horse .. yehh i might sound aggresive this time .. y ? coz let see all i did was a lil suggesting that prob would not make much dif then to make a few ppl who haf to run out by the split second only to haf their ships lock ... so there you haf it .. if anyof dev read the suggesting and take note itz fine .. and we all know i spend quite a lot of time here so if i have time i would have log them out ... well thatz all for now

Captain Sternn
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2004-08-14 17:56   
ok as far i i know if the sy is capped, and you have no other planets in the system (including regular planets without a sy), you can spawn that ship at any sy, even if the selection is red on the ship selection screen it will spawn.

No to letting them spawn at home gate, Ruff if you really want to be able to do this , you can quite easlily, just surender all ugto planets to to the nearest ICC recruiting office on Earth (i know you know where it is , i saw you there) and any ship regardless of size will spawn at the homegate.

P.S. I knew this post was from ruff before i even clicked it.

P.P.S lol ruff i hope your kidding about the police knockin and start walking routine, I hope.

[small][ This Message was edited by: Captain Stern on 2004-08-14 17:59 ][/small]

[ This Message was edited by: Captain Stern on 2004-08-14 18:01 ]

Binks
1st Rear Admiral

Posted: 2004-08-14 17:57   
Ruff I'm sorry but T'Bone is right, what you are suggesting would take away 1 key element of the Shipyard system, no spawning dreads/cruisers at a home gate...if you were allowed to spawn at the sy you parked in or the homegate then what happens when you're down to battling in the home system? Say you're about to lose your last planet...what would you do? Right now you'd try to retake it...if you had your system what i think most people would do is pull out enough ships to fill their garage then use them (spawning from the gate) to battle the nme...not only does this make the game less fun for said enemy, but it makes no sense in DS "reality" and it's not neccisary...if you're gonna fight on the front lines, log your ships...if the logging system is ever removed then this might be a good idea but otherwise I feel no sympathy for you...logging 4 ships isn't that hard and takes about 20 min...20 min for having those ships availible anywhere...and don't even try to tell me that it's too hard to log all those ships...I've logged 6 in 30 min. before so no it is not that difficult...