No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +21.5 Hours

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » [Suggestion] New Hub Stats
 Author [Suggestion] New Hub Stats
Novacat
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2004-08-20 14:57   
[Edit] Changed title of post as it was drastically misleading.[/Edit]

Hearing Gideon talk about the Upgrade button, and the new Hubs, I decided to develop a few sketchy designs. They start out at Colony Hub, and than start moving towards being a capital.

NOTE: This originally was not my idea, I only decided to develop the idea, and this is what I came up with.

NOTE:
1 Imperial Capital per Faction
1 System Capital per system
1 Fleet Capital per Fleet
1 Planetary Capital per Planet

Colony Hub:
Technical Breifing: The Colony Hub is the initial steps of the Colony, providing needs for much of the colony. However, these structures are made obsolete after the colony establishes itself as a world of the Faction.
+10 Research
+10 Mining
+10 Habitat
+10 Food
+10 Power
100 Tech Level Max
Level 1-3 Structures

Planetary Capital:
Technical Breifing: The Planetary capital has all of the original mining infustructure stripped to make room, Many of the research facilities were also stripped, and all of the power facilities save those that keep the facility operational have also been removed, Food, and advanced technological databanks. Also, A rather cheap upgrade in the command terminal of the structure allows for the management of 12 more structures for the planet. Also, due to the increased importance, usually the Planetary governor reinforces the structure with some materials to reinforce it, also, each planetary capital structure often has a armoury with civilian-grade weapons, to deal with potental unruly population and pirate raids. However, both the structure and emplacements are completely unfit to deal with all-out invasions.
+5 Research
+20 Habitat
+20 Food
+12 Structure Max
200 Tech Level Max
Level 1-6 Structures

System Capital:
Technical Breifing: The System capital has all of the power facilities gutted, and Many of the systems are given more expensive and advanced upgrades, greatly increasing the capacity of the System Capital. Also, the Research facilities, while not being reduced in capability, are even smaller. Also, to brace the risk of emergencies, the structure is reinforced with cheap, but tough materials. These allow the structure to withstand quite some more bombing, and even help Friendly troops withstand invasions with a emplacement or two. But most of the technology, while decent, is only civilian-grade.
+5 Research
+40 Habitat
+40 Food
-20 Power
+24 Structure Max
300 Tech Level Max
Level 1-9 STructures

Fleet Capital:
Technical Breifing: The Fleet Capital has even more advanced equipment, as the fleet purchases the best and most expensive equipment that the Faction High Command allows. Also, the Research facilities were finally removed, which is upgraded to make Room for even more infustructure. The Fleet Capital, however, has nowhere near the technological capacity of the Imperial Capital. However, the Fleet Capital is also the only capital, save the Imperial Capital, that both has many underground components, and is highly reinforced for not only defending against civil disasters, but against high-scale invasions. However, the Fleet Capital is especially designed that a 'fancy' shell is completely unnecessary to hide the military-purposeness of this structure. However, due to inferior components being used, it is not nearly as good as the Imperial Capital in defense. Troops can be often seen patrolling the perimiter of the Fleet Capital, and there are quite a few emplacements as well.
+60 Habitat
+60 Food
-30 Power
+36 Structure Max
400 Tech Level Max
Level 1-12 Structures

Imperial Capital:
Technical Breifing: The Imperial Capital is the most advanced and most expensive of all the Colony Base structures. The Best and Brightest technology is put to work in this structure, which is very much like a bunker. A Extremely good portion of the internals are underground, with the above-ground structure being highly reinforced. Inside, the Ultracompact Research Facility, Light Mining Facility, and Power Facility add to the capabilities of this structure. Also, Extremely advanced and highly sophisticated command suites allow for 64 more structures than the base max. The surface structure also has multiple advanced gun emplacements, designed to shoot down anything that gets into the Atmoshpere and annihilate any potental enemies. A Capital city also surrounds this structure, which, in case of emergencies, are able to take shelter within this structure, giving it even more of a Castle-type persona. However, despite all this, the structure also has a shell constructed around it, which is nothing more than something to give the structure the appearance of a regular structure. Most Civilians think that this structure is nothing more than being doubled as a shelter in civil emergencies, however, many know the true nature behind this reinforced structure.
+20 Research
+5 Mining
+120 Habitat
+120 Food
+10 Power
+64 Structure Max
All Technical Capability and Priveliges
Level 1-15 Structures, All Structure Levels

[ This Message was edited by: RedXIII on 2004-08-20 15:07 ]

[small][ This Message was edited by: RedXIII on 2004-08-20 16:26 ][/small]

[ This Message was edited by: Demorian on 2004-08-30 07:57 ]

Goto the website of Novacat
Wyke {ThorsHammer}
Cadet

Posted: 2004-08-20 15:54   

looks great.

"Fleet HQ" would be a better name than "Fleet Capital".

The "Imperial Capital" must be limited to the factions home world.
Factions specific names from the back story.
Faction specific modifiers. i.e.

ICC –
Defensive bonus vs invasion.
A free planetary shield.
A free defence base

UGTO – Geneva, World Court, Stock Exchange
More energy.
Trade Bonus.
Workshop which functions as a factory.

Kluth – Hatchery, Queens Gallery,
Cloaked ?
Growth Bonus

Perhaps the "Imperial Capital" should be automatically locked at GA level. The Fleet Capital at FA level and the System Capitals at Admiral.

Email Wyke {ThorsHammer}
_x$witchBladex_ [1.480 Fanboy]
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2004-08-20 16:07   
I like the idea of having fleet capitals. Overall, a well thought idea Red, I am liking it .

~Switch
* [=TB=]Enterprise @39933 sent to Clan: "Thats a lie Switch, you'd never let anyone else drink rum if it were right there. You'd slip teh roofies in and start drinking it yourself and not even realize it."

Gideon
Cadet

Posted: 2004-08-20 16:08   
I think the title and content to this thread is a bit missleading.

A day or so ago, the entire chat room was tossing around the idea of upgraded levels to hubs, etc.

While I appreciate the effort Red has gone to here, the concept of higher levels of hubs, along with what those functions would be, hasn't even been discussed by the dev team. There is nothing preliminary, as this hasn't even made it to the discuss with the team phase.

It's nice to see people want to participate this much in the design process. At some point, maybe we will have some sort of upgradable hub scheme. As it sits now, however, no such thing is even planned.

Red, while I appreciate your enthusiasm, this sure as heck feels like you are trying to steal the idea from the general community, which did come up with it. I know that's not the case, but I want you to know how some people will interperate this kind of post.

Email Gideon
Novacat
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2004-08-20 16:24   
Quote:

"Fleet HQ" would be a better name than "Fleet Capital".

Fleet Capital was chosen simply because, it IS the Fleet's Capital structure after all. It handles the exact same things as all the other capitals thus it is a fitting name.

Quote:

The "Imperial Capital" must be limited to the factions home world.
Factions specific names from the back story.
Faction specific modifiers. i.e.

Limited to certain worlds? Hell no. The faction players should be able to PICK where they want their homeworld to be.

Faction specific names? Huh?

Faction specific modifiers? On the scale you have, I wonder if its even possible, So far, I am only putting things in which are either currently in, or will very likely be coded in.

Quote:

this sure as heck feels like you are trying to steal the idea from the general community

This was NOT my intention, I am only trying to develop an idea that was thrown around.

[ This Message was edited by: RedXIII on 2004-08-20 16:26 ]

Hellza - Dark Master
Fleet Admiral
Praetorian Wolves

Posted: 2004-08-30 06:56   
why do you need +400 tech when only 100 is needed for the biggest thing ?

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2004-08-30 07:02   
dead thread...

and I dont think 200+ tech level is needed if there was new hubs...

perhaps one upgrade for all hubs, but only when the planet is a bit advanced.....much better than making hubs really hard to get.

Novacat
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2004-08-30 07:32   
They might be needed. Since right now there are only Level 1-3 structures, for the most part. Also, there might be a LOT of readjustment of tech level items.

Basically, a Level 15 defense base would be like.... Def Base XV instead of Def Base III

[Free]Dop-erwt
Cadet

Posted: 2004-08-30 12:30   
i like the idea but i think there should be only two levels of hub and seperate building for the fleet that would not actually improve the planet but alow the fleet to manage money or aliances etc.

btw. lol defense base level XV what would that have 4 torpedos and 2 lasers?

disfunction is a function

former fleets: -uepg- =IT= -IL-

Goto the website of [Free]Dop-erwt
Page created in 0.018709 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR