No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +15.2 Hours

Search

Anniversaries

1st - Alamode

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Announcements » » Post 8/22/04 beta update [REPORT BUGS HERE]
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
 Author Post 8/22/04 beta update [REPORT BUGS HERE]
Gideon
Cadet

Posted: 2004-08-23 11:22   
Quote:
"I will continue to tune the socket code... if you get disconnected, take a look at the sockettrace.log file in your beta directory, and post the log to the beta testing discussion." - Faustus

Faustus updated the socket code this last Sunday, and it seems to have improved stability and speed.

He is currently working on the unicode compatability issues with Windows 95/98/ME.

Post any bugs encountered as of this last update here, while keeping in mind the quote from Faustus, above.

Thanks!

P.S.: Check out this thread, here for information on missing button text and information on the unicode error on Windows 95/98/ME clients.

[ This Message was edited by: Gideon on 2004-08-24 12:34 ]

Email Gideon
Demorian
Fleet Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2004-08-23 11:22   
*pats Gid on the head and passes him a biscuit*

Good Dev.

-Dem

Linna Yamazaka {Vice Admiral}
Vice Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2004-08-23 12:17   
After installing Win XP onto my computer i tryed the Beta and have this to report;

There was lag spikes time from time when moving from planet to planet, The labels wera in place, and working, The f# lag reported by others have been fixed as i did not experanxe any page fliping lag. I was unable to test out the fatory bug, so i do not know if it has been addressed yet. Hoever there is the bug that Inf landing revert to none in the orders, I set them to defend on my ship, then unloaded them to a enemary planet and then reverted back to none.

Otherwise a very very smooth LAG-FREE code, good jod Dev team and Faustus, I hope this new update will be what we have been looking for. Oh and can you possable tranfree our current rank and stats to the beta. In beta i'm a lonly commander, but in the release i'm a 1st RA is there anyway you can trasfree that to beta? Or is there a reason for it to be like that?

Two weeks™ Later and a new sig.

Email Linna Yamazaka {Vice Admiral}   Goto the website of Linna Yamazaka {Vice Admiral}
c0ld
Midshipman

Posted: 2004-08-23 12:24   
This might be just my comp, but the client occasionally crashes on exit. In fact, it seems to exit untidily every time and sometimes crash.
mmc reports the crash as either..

Client.exe - Application Error : The instruction at "0x014b6e7f" referenced memory at "0xc13d5924". The memory could not be "written".

or

Client.exe - Application Error : The instruction at "0x10001c65" referenced memory at "0x6f86f714". The memory could not be "read".

further investigation..
Symbolic Name: STATUS_LOG_HARD_ERROR
Explanation
The program could not load a driver because the program user doesn't have sufficient privileges to access the driver or because the drive is missing or corrupt.

I'm logged on as Admin, so thats not the prob.
It refers me to micro$oft Kb.. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;812937&sd=ee

So it seems client.exe is trying to read or write to a locked file.

[ This Message was edited by: c0ldfury on 2004-08-23 14:03 ]

TAZ
Cadet

Posted: 2004-08-23 12:47   
I managed to sqeeze a game in on beta last night, and everything went fine with the acception of not seing any text in the ship selection screen. That is until the scenerio ended and I selected what should have been log off (no text in button) and the computer froze. Had to do a hard shutdown even!!

Email TAZ   Goto the website of TAZ
Doran
Chief Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2004-08-23 13:45   
Quote:

On 2004-08-23 12:24, c0ldfury wrote:
Client.exe - Application Error : The instruction at "0x10001c65" referenced memory at "0x6f86f714". The memory could not be "read".

did you happen to be running 2 instances of the ds at the time? say.. release gcql and be ingame with the beta, when you tried to exit the beta?

c0ld
Midshipman

Posted: 2004-08-23 14:07   
Quote:
did you happen to be running 2 instances of the ds at the time? say.. release gcql and be ingame with the beta, when you tried to exit the beta?

nope. the only thing unusual i did was switching from release gcql to beta gcql via the lobby button, then playing. But 2 instances weren't running.

Edit: tested again direct from beta gcql. same prob. crashed on 2nd and 7th attempts

[ This Message was edited by: c0ldfury on 2004-08-23 14:32 ]

Novacat
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2004-08-23 16:26   
Apparently, now when I try to leave back to lobby (by pressing the logout button), the entire computer freezes up, not just the game.

Goto the website of Novacat
Doran
Chief Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2004-08-23 16:31   
yeah im getting that one too

Gideon
Cadet

Posted: 2004-08-23 17:12   
Sometimes when I start the game, I can see the normal DS mouse pointer, and also the standard windows hourglass pointer. The hourglass pointer is what moves when I move my mouse.

If I click anywhere, then the hourglass pointer disappears, and I have control of the normal DS pointer.

If I alt-tab out, and then re-enter, I no longer have the hourglass pointer, and have control of the DS pointer. Also, all the missing text appears on all the normally blank buttons.

Email Gideon
Gideon
Cadet

Posted: 2004-08-23 17:29   
I can shut down DS using the task manager when it locks up on exit. However, I have to use complete keyboard commands to do it.

Email Gideon
CowboyFunk
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2004-08-23 18:22   
Theres a bug where all the stuff made in a factory shows up in the starport as it missile ect. i think its the first object thats in the starport but it keeps piling on the same weopon no matter what is made.

Tellaris
Grand Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2004-08-23 18:40   
-Game crashes when you try to exit. Sometimes Task manager works, sometimes hard restart is all that works.
-Mines are PDable, even if you cannot see them(this may jut be a visiual thing)
-EMP only effects engines again
Takes a lot of EMP for an effect to occure, at least under 90% hull (ICC Engy ship)

c0ld
Midshipman

Posted: 2004-08-24 00:10   
Quote:
Sometimes when I start the game, I can see the normal DS mouse pointer, and also the standard windows hourglass pointer. The hourglass pointer is what moves when I move my mouse

This sounds similar to a bug in another game (black&white). The cause was hotfix KB824141 which I think affected Xp and 2000. Uninstalling it fixed the prob.

[ This Message was edited by: c0ldfury on 2004-08-24 00:10 ]

V-GINY
Admiral

Posted: 2004-08-24 17:36   
-Building structures info is buggy..
Ex. i have everything for a def base but power and workers were in red when i had enough power and workers... but however i can still build.

Its soooo LAGGY!!! Not.
10 fighters 1engy on 1 AD - lagless
1AD on 1 Shigernafy EAD- lagless
1Assault Cruiser and 1Heavy Cruiser on 1 Shig Station-lagless

Good Job F.

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Page created in 0.021753 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR