No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/11/24 +5.4 Days

Search

Anniversaries

15th - Rise

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Beta Testing Discussion » » [1.482] Aug 29th Stress Test - Post Bug Reports and Comments Here!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
 Author [1.482] Aug 29th Stress Test - Post Bug Reports and Comments Here!
Depthcharge
Fleet Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2004-08-29 21:53   

Quote:

On 2004-08-29 13:21, Mithrandir wrote:
Clicking on names to /send to them in gcql doesn't seem to work any longer.

Hmm.. seems to work now. Nevermind.

[ This Message was edited by: Mithrandir on 2004-08-29 14:13 ]

Well actually i noticed you can't click on names in modtalk or that are whispering to you. Just regular type in the lobby still works and so does send...

History Is Written By The Victors

Email Depthcharge   Goto the website of Depthcharge
Jaydawg
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2004-08-29 22:37   
When you try to sell your old ship parts you dont get any money for them and when you have the $$$ to buy the ship parts it doesnt cost anything.

Email Jaydawg   Goto the website of Jaydawg
Jar Jar Binks
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2004-08-30 02:33   
Quote:

On 2004-08-29 15:18, Axianda *XO* wrote:
[S.W]Depthcharge @63762 Sent "i saw a self destruct message sent to everyone

posted it for him so he could remain ingame

I Saw it too. Everyone gets the "Confirm Self-Destruct message".. but only the ship who is trying to die has it work for them (good thing).

to bad. would ahve been fun to see 40+ ppl explode at the same time...

Dreadknight
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2004-08-30 03:18   
there's a bug in the structeres requirements... even when you got everything for some of the structeres they keep appering with red text

Email Dreadknight
Demorian
Fleet Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2004-08-30 07:58   
Folks... please try to keep bug repetition to a minimum here. That means doing a quick skim through the existing thread before you post; It makes Faustus' life a heck of a lot easier come time for debug.

-Dem

teddy_
Cadet

Posted: 2004-08-30 08:02   
sure thing dem, nothin to report and i rather enjoyed tractoring captain stern into a planet, for testing purposes only ofcourse.....

_x$witchBladex_ [1.480 Fanboy]
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2004-08-30 10:31   
~While in lobby, when you try to use the Find Users in the Edit menu, it does not do a proper search. While searching for a player, it came up with players with spellings no where near what I had typed.

~Switch
* [=TB=]Enterprise @39933 sent to Clan: "Thats a lie Switch, you'd never let anyone else drink rum if it were right there. You'd slip teh roofies in and start drinking it yourself and not even realize it."

Spaceflower (Swe)
1st Rear Admiral

Posted: 2004-08-30 14:54   
game still freeze at me after jumps, almost as it (or my comp) has prob. rendering the surounding objects... witch is odd, couse it happens when i jump AWAY from battle.

Storm Rider
Fleet Admiral
ExtraTerrestrial Space Bums

Posted: 2004-08-30 15:37   
I press Ait-M and the game seem to lag and stop then lag again like it was a slow moveing pic. this stop when I press Ait-M again. I had to press Ait-M to see if it happen again and it did but this time my ship was remove from the srceen and from F2.

Gideon
Cadet

Posted: 2004-08-30 16:57   
I just rememberd this, Storm.

Alt-m is record a movie. Game starts taking a load of screenshots that you can compile into a movie.

That would be why it lags for you.

Shift-m detonates your own mines.

Email Gideon
BorgDrone4of20(KuYa)
Cadet

Posted: 2004-08-30 21:40   
no reply in the beta forums
demorian accused me of exploiting after shig did the fighter thing he threathed to "report me" even though i was testing fighter lag is beta for TESTING??
cause demo acted like it was release???? is launching 51 fighters in beta a exploit if so i will stop TESTING????

demo???

edit also half the time i /send him it said user not found but the rest it worked

[ This Message was edited by: KuYa on 2004-08-30 21:43 ]

Email BorgDrone4of20(KuYa)
Demorian
Fleet Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2004-08-30 21:45   
Don't worry about it, KuYa. The ship won't last long, so it's no biggie.

However, there's no use in lying. I honestly don't think that launching 52 fighters from your Beak Frigate on my AD (which was trying to defend a friendly planet) until it was dead was intended as "testing"... and you'll have to do some seriously convincing acting to convince me otherwise.

-Dem

BorgDrone4of20(KuYa)
Cadet

Posted: 2004-08-30 22:09   
sure sure

its called beta test man settle down
Any lag when all those fighters were launched ????

does BETA mean ne thing ????

BETA TEST hmm a test=not real

edit why do i have to convenice you to beta test???

[ This Message was edited by: KuYa on 2004-08-30 22:23 ]

Shigernafy
Admiral

Posted: 2004-08-30 22:27   
You know, Kuya, despite your strenuous denials of your being wrong, I'm going to have to side with Demorian.

I equipped ships with fighters so that we could have one concerted effort towards lagging us out, via multiple ships launching multiple fighters. The idea was NOT to give you a ship to use with impunity, whenever and however you liked. Since I disconnected after I gave you the fighters, it was hard to remove them from you, but rest assured you were NOT supposed to be testing how well ships with 50 fighters function.

Regardless, special rules exist on the beta server. It is NOT a server where you play normally and call it testing. Granted, many players just want to go over there and fight like normal, and there is merit to that, but still special rules apply.
For example, you should not go up and attack any ol' tranny or engineer you find, to "test" how quickly your ship can kill them. You should not wander in and just start blowing people up. If you want to fight, and test lag in combat, tell the server where you are and that you're willing to test, and then have a battle.

Some people are not testing combat, though, so you shouldn't go and blow them up anyway.

Likewise, players should not go around trying to "win the map" and capture planets, or bomb enemy planets. If you want to test bombing, ask someone to build a dummy planet and then bomb that. There are some planets, though, that should not be attacked, for they are vital to other tests taking place in the server..

Yes, this may be shocking, but the beta server does not revolve around YOU. There are multiple people, and multiple different types of testing taking place, so you should also take care to ASK others what they're up to, and if they're willing to help you with the type of testing you wish to undertake.

Whatever merits your testing may have had, or whatever good intentions you may have started with, try to be coordinated, and conscientous about what you're doing.

Randomly attacking those who are working on other projects may well result in your being removed from the server.

Email Shigernafy
BorgDrone4of20(KuYa)
Cadet

Posted: 2004-08-30 22:37   
well i was trying to help but i guess NO MORE BETA for me if i'll get in trouble

i WAS NOT attacking random ppl in the BETA i lauched 2 fighter volleys at demo

SRRY again for playing beta i am deeply SRRY won't happen again

i'll wait till release till i play if ever

i thought fighters caused lag i was launcing mult attacks at our planets with friendlys around to TEST the lag SORRY i will never test anything again

again so srry i UPSET demo

SRRY SRRY SRRY SRRY SRRY SRRY SRRY

edit
by the way kluth had 1 planet built up icc had VERY many and a SY they had a few AD's but they were just testing killing random ppl HEHE

like i said i will stay away from beta so i don't BOTHER ne one trying to win

@shig i was not attacking RANDOM PPL srry i was testing lag i'll never test again for fear of being reported by a amin for testing!!!!

DID FIGHTERS CAUSE LAG?????????????????????????????????????????????

DEMO IN A AD ME IN A BEAK AT HIS PLANET WHAT A MATCH SORRY SORRY SORRY SORRY SORRY SORRY SORRY IT'LE NEVERE HAPPAEN AGAIN
[small][ This Message was edited by: KuYa on 2004-08-30 22:42 ][/small]

[ This Message was edited by: KuYa on 2004-08-30 23:38 ]

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
Page created in 0.020745 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR