No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +20.3 Hours

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » Newbie and admiral server suggestion(s)
 Author Newbie and admiral server suggestion(s)
Supertrooper
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2004-08-29 06:24   
Ok here goes.... would it be possible for you all to make newbie server, a server that only ranks lieutenant commander and below can get into and make the admiral server for all ranks? The reason I'm suggesting this is because whenever I get bored I go into newbie server just to see what is happening... usually there are alot of semi-high to high rank players in there.... usually picking on newbies for easy pres or the like. Now, I know from expierence when I say this.... getting killed like 20-25 times as a brand new player kinda stinks. Also, if you put a rank restriction on the newbie server maybe the admiral server would once again become active and a good place to get quick combat. Right now... it's almost always dead. Another reason I think a rank restriction should be put on newbie is because you have some people that always go in there to make their pres.... they see it as easy pres... I call it stat padding. Well, anyways please consider this suggestion. In my opinion the proposed rank restriction would be helpful to brand new players and would probably spark more interest in this game for them if they could go into newbie without having to worry about a seasoned DS veteran hunting them for the pres and stat gains.

Email Supertrooper
Wyke {ThorsHammer}
Cadet

Posted: 2004-08-29 07:18   

The newbie server IS limited, to Lt Commander and the Admiral Server is actually unlimited.

Email Wyke {ThorsHammer}
Supertrooper
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2004-08-29 08:04   
Actually, Wyke... what I mean is.... that the newbie server should not be able to be played by anyone with a rank higher than lieutenant commander. As it stands now anyone can go into newbie server but the ship selection is limited to those ships with the rank of lieutenant commander and below. Understand what I'm suggesting now?

Email Supertrooper
Hellza - Dark Master
Fleet Admiral
Praetorian Wolves

Posted: 2004-08-29 08:48   
i agree in parts, but my main issue is without us "stat padders" the noobs would stay newbies as there would be no experience in the room to help guide and show them the correct building/bombing techniques etc and to show them all the little things that make the game so much easier. So if they came to Admiral to learn, imagine there scout going to investigate a dread or station thinking wow look at that, BOOM !! there dead lol. be like a moth to a flame. Also sometimes the MV server only has 2-3 members of your faction online at one time, so you cant do much with so few in there, so we go into newbie to pass time. I would however like to see Admiral more active as i like the short scenerios alot also, hence another reason i play in newbie myself.

Creeping Shadow
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2004-08-29 08:51   
how bout this anyone who'z aove the rank limin gain no press or stats? coz i still wanna be abale to go in newbie server .. the thing is i go in and explain .. and teach and help .. coulnt' careless about press. usually even now i juz go in and built inferstructure for the newbies so that they can hang out and play and haf fun

[Free]Dop-erwt
Cadet

Posted: 2004-08-29 08:54   
*points out that scenario servers are going to be culled*

disfunction is a function

former fleets: -uepg- =IT= -IL-

Goto the website of [Free]Dop-erwt
Page created in 0.019424 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR