No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +1.2 Days

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » subject closed
 Author subject closed
Hellza - Dark Master
Fleet Admiral
Praetorian Wolves

Posted: 2004-08-31 05:28   

[small][ This Message was edited by: Air 2 Surface on 2004-08-31 17:38 ][/small]

[ This Message was edited by: Air 2 Surface on 2004-08-31 17:39 ]

Novacat
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2004-08-31 05:37   
With the way structures work now and will forever work in the future, this really wont prevent anything. 5-10 structures is all I need to scrap all those domes and Hydrofarms.

Goto the website of Novacat
Hellza - Dark Master
Fleet Admiral
Praetorian Wolves

Posted: 2004-08-31 05:54   

[ This Message was edited by: Air 2 Surface on 2004-08-31 17:37 ]

twitch
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2004-08-31 05:59   
i dont really see anything wrong with scrapping buildings on planets. Sure i hate it when it gets done and i dont really do it myself but if thats what you want to do then go nuts...

however, and correct me if im wrong here, you shouldnt be starting any mass scrapping of planet structures until there are enemy troops on the planet. well at least thats how it should be anyways.

Wyke {ThorsHammer}
Cadet

Posted: 2004-08-31 14:55   

I agree its fustratiing, but I dont agree it should be banned, scourched earth is a valid and time proven tactic that dates as least as far back as Sun Tzu ~500BC.

I think the current handling is right, though perhaps less understood than it should be, since it seem to me that quite a lot players don't seem to realise that they lose prestige for each building they scrap.

1 pt per level IIRC, so scrapping a fully built planet of lvl3 defense, lvl 3 power, lvl 3 research and shipyard will cost the scrapping player approaching 90 points, per planet, and I've seen some players scrap 3 planets one after the other, probably more prestige than they made during the rest of the session.

Email Wyke {ThorsHammer}
Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2004-08-31 15:50   
I feel scrapping is a very valid tactic, but if it is just a thumb in the eye as a sore loser it's a different thing.

Example: If I am in my own system and you are raging through planet after planet, i will scrap certain items. If you are about to get a sy in my system, I will scrap certain things. If you are about to take over a mod planet, I will scrap certain things. I have certain situations that feel to me are valid reasons to "scorch Earth". But that is from a tactical standpoint. In these cases, even when an opponent does it, I do not feel that it is dishonorable.

Example 2. If I am in YOUR system (in all cases I say system, I mean your faction JG systems.) and you are about to recap, say, Exartha (Heh Heh), I would not scrap that planet. I may scrap a dictor, or possibly a shield, but not def, domes, even a sy. In other words, if it is just a way of saying "up yours" and doesn't have a valid tactical reason, then, in my opinion, this is dishonorable. You are a schmuck. A dillhole. And the best part is, you gave your enemy some build pres. And personally, except it be your last planet and then would be understandable, if you scrap a planet down to bare bones, I think you should be demoted to cabin boy, stuck in a tutu, and put below hold to keep the crew entertained.

But that's MY opinion, and that is basically the "rules" I follow on scraping.
I love Scrapjet!! TY for those build points!

Email Azreal   Goto the website of Azreal
Fatal Command (CO)
Marshal
Fatal Squadron

From: over here in New York noticing some ppl are like canoes.....they need to be paddled.
Posted: 2004-08-31 16:32   
well.if I can,gonna scrap everything on it.cause once its capped back,and it will be.It can just be rebuild ,and air,you do the SAME thing and SY hop as well.so quit gripping about things others do when you do the same and more,and
case in point.
UGTO was capping in ross 348,scrapped planets and 1 MD got a pcm or 2 thru to trash planet being built.UGTO fleet of 2 or 3 stations and couple combat left.scorched earth does work.on a personal note,and HAVE said it before,if you cant remote build,shouldnt be able to remote scrap,but thats MY opinon, and if I want yours,I'll give it to you.

Email Fatal Command (CO)
Hellza - Dark Master
Fleet Admiral
Praetorian Wolves

Posted: 2004-08-31 17:18   

[ This Message was edited by: Air 2 Surface on 2004-08-31 17:38 ]

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2004-08-31 17:24   
abusing the SY makes you just as bad as him when you do it.

Your no better than each other so both grow up.

id lock this, I can see this turning into a flame war of some kind :/, either that or stop going on at each other like dogs to meat.

Shigernafy
Admiral

Posted: 2004-08-31 17:35   
Its a valid tactic, as it has tactical worth.

That said, doing what Azreal called "spiteful" scrapping is completely lame. As is shipyard hopping "because you know it bothers someone." You can't make a point about how lame someone is by sinking to their level.

And no Back, I prefer to leave threads open; that way, I can use them as excuses to ban people who annoy me.

Email Shigernafy
Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2004-08-31 17:42   
mmmmmmm. dogs and meat. Yummm.

Email Azreal   Goto the website of Azreal
BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2004-08-31 17:54   
Quote:

On 2004-08-31 17:35, Shigernafy wrote:
And no Back, I prefer to leave threads open; that way, I can use them as excuses to ban people who annoy me.

Never thaught of that

Page created in 0.019079 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR