No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +1.2 Days

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » Get it Together...
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
 Author Get it Together...
Forseth (Ret)
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2004-09-05 23:58   
ok guys, This is goin nowhere fast. This game has gone from great, to ok, to down right bad (lag issues). i hate being the one to have to post this, but i feel the time to talk about it is now. we are losing sum of our best players in the game b/c of this foolish Patch buisness. A lag patch that is supposed to make the lag slim to none. but it reverses its effects and makes the lag WORSE!! comon! what is that?!!? i dont mean to be mean or anything (especially to Faustus b/c we all know your working your hardest) but this has to get better fast. or were gonna see a dramatic fall in DS and a dramatic rise in our rival space game. I myself will pay for one more month of DS, but idk what im gonna do if nothing is done by the time my sub runs out again. Its time to make this game better, and sumtimes you have to take a step backwards to accomplish what you want. Flame me if you wish, i just thought it should be thrown out there in the open.

(if im wrong about any of these statements feel free to correct me)

~Forseth-

The Only key to Peace is War

[ This Message was edited by: Forseth on 2004-09-05 23:59 ]

Email Forseth (Ret)
Meko
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2004-09-06 00:05   
Forseth, i would quote rape your post but i dont have the time... (net cafe) so ill keep it short.

Give him a chance, stop these posts, and just play.

play, discover the problems and report them. then things will be much better much faster.

Email Meko
Forseth (Ret)
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2004-09-06 00:13   
i dont mean to be mean or anything. i kinda wanted this to be a place where ppl could talk about the crap happning in the game. and get it off there chest. and thanks for not quoting everything. that would give Shig something to do.

Email Forseth (Ret)
Meko
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2004-09-06 00:17   
hahaha yea =)

ive been chatting on msn and have heard some disturbing things about ds as of late.

i do hope it can be remidied in time

Email Meko
Gideon
Cadet

Posted: 2004-09-06 00:49   
Patch isn't even 48 hours old.

In this time there have been five updates to it, each one making things progressivly better.

It's a holiday weekend, for a man (Faustus) who has a family, and understands that family IS the most important thing in life.

Let's cut F some slack here, okay? They guys is obviously busting his ass for this to be fixed.

Email Gideon
James Bum007
Grand Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2004-09-06 01:05   
Amen Gid

Email James Bum007
Bhishma
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2004-09-06 01:06   
While i do understand that Faustus has a life and a family and knows that his family is the most important (respectable) you must realize from the other pov. We are customers. When we pay, we expect a product. From the PURELY business POV, one side of this equation isn't working well; the dev side. I honostly have no problem with Faustus taking his time and dealing with his family (family IS most important) but i also am not subscribed. It must be frustrating for those that ARE PAYING every month to be told that the head person is "a family guy who has other issues to focus on". From a business point, that just doesn't work. If Darkspace is still in a development phase (we go in and find errors) it seems sort of illogical that we be paying (albeit, a relatively small amount) to have a product that "will be finished up when the development team finds the time".

I'm not saying i agree with it, i'm just saying i can understand why certain people are somewhat disappointed. I personally am not subscribed because i do not feel the game is exactly where it could be; so i'll just wait (plus school season has just started so that's keeping me busy).

Just a few thoughts from an Unknown member.

twitch
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2004-09-06 01:20   
[quote]
On 2004-09-05 23:58, Forseth wrote:
and sumtimes you have to take a step backwards to accomplish what you want

if the issues carry on then i suggest this is exactly what we do, take a step back and go back to the old version. I miss all those ppl that are currently MIA because they cant connect at the moment, i dont like everyone saying they are going to leave blah blah blah, and id like to see the MV with somemore ugto players. (that last one may not hjave anything to do with the patch but it would be nice to have...)

Forseth (Ret)
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2004-09-06 01:33   
Perhaps go back to the old version, until we know that this version is completed, i love this new version. But it might not be the best way to keep this game alive atm. my opinion atleast

Email Forseth (Ret)
Hellza - Dark Master
Fleet Admiral
Praetorian Wolves

Posted: 2004-09-06 01:54   
Quote:
We are customers. When we pay, we expect a product. From the PURELY business POV, one side of this equation isn't working well

i agree with this and the first post at the top fully. i know there struggling, but if you went to a shop to buy a pc for $1000 and they only gave you the monitor and said the rest will be along asap as were having trouble with the staff/delivery, would you accept it or go elsewhere were the package is available ?? if you say wait then you are biastly sucking upto DS as noone in there right mind would accept that standard !!!
Where is the love ? This small planet we inhabit called Earth needs more peace, love and compassion. Without it our species wont be around much longer. We need to learn to love thy neighbour and not be harming and killing one another. MPNW !!

[ This Message was edited by: Bounty Hunter mercenary on 2004-09-06 01:58 ]

Antdizzle

Posted: 2004-09-06 01:54   
Bring back 1.480 again and I'll come back. I'll be playing PartyPoker under the name ForMichael.

Sc0tTn
Cadet

Posted: 2004-09-06 04:57   
OMG! Give Faustus a chance! He does have a family and a job! Excuse me if i'm wrong but he doesn't have to keep doing what he is doing, and i really don't want to think where Ds would be without Faustus. Maybe if certain people took a more proactive approach to Ds and participated more these things would be resolved faster.

Btw. How many new players might you have scared off with this post?

Email Sc0tTn
BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2004-09-06 07:46   
What dont you guys understand!?

Faustus A) Has a family, B) Has another job, and STILL finds a heck of alot of time to fix and patch up his favourite game..

Now how can you say lag is worse? You lock up for a minute ? MAX. Then it returns to normal. I am from the UK with a lag of about 150 ms, and I that this patch is alot better. Its not worse.

Now cut the guy some slack ffs. He's doing his best why cant you see that?

He rushed the release of 1.481 because we all moaned about it, yet people wont stick around to see what they did will they. They leave us to deal with the lag issues and pay our money to support the game and community we love. Faustus has done the same thing with 1.482 he's rushed it out, admitidly I understand that things need to be fixed fast, but if u guys had of pulled into beta, you would have helped the guy. Excpet we say nothing but 10 players max in there.

There are faults on both sides, but I still cant see you dont want to support this man and his baby, and see it along to a child when 1.483 is released and the lag is fixed SOON.

It wont take long, Faustus has...

A) Combated Lag in 48 hours progresivly
B) Made modem users able to connect
C) Fixed the EMP

and im sure much more...he just keeps working even though he doesnt have much time for the game and shouldnt .... I would urge the man to spend more time with his family and then he has his OTHER job..

I dont understand this community sometimes...

Lux (Polaris)
Fleet Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2004-09-06 10:00   
Even when I get lagged, i still have to agree with backslash. You all talked about when this patch was coming out, blah blah, hurry it up, and then when it came out, blah, blah, this patch sucks, go back to the old one. The old one was fine, but im saying that you wanted this patch, you moaned and complained about it. And now its out,, and you now talk about reverting to the other patch you said you wanted to get away from. Faustus is working as hard as he can, having a normal life, so cut some slack, sit tight, and just wait for him to fix the game. I still lag a lot, but i understand Faustus is working on that (hopefully). Bring it up with the admins after this is fixed, ok?

Loyal Admiral of the Interstellar Cultural Confederation Navy.
Senior Commander of the Raven Warriors, the ICC elite.
Captain of the Assault Dreadnaught \"Gungnir\"

Email Lux (Polaris)
$yTHe {C?}
Grand Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2004-09-06 10:14   
Quote:

On 2004-09-06 01:54, Antdizzle wrote:
Bring back 1.480 again and I'll come back. I'll be playing PartyPoker under the name ForMichael.

Party Poker? 0.o

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
Page created in 0.025330 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR