No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +1.2 Days

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » Get it Together...
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
 Author Get it Together...
Hellza - Dark Master
Fleet Admiral
Praetorian Wolves

Posted: 2004-09-06 12:34   
yes he has a family, yes a life blah blah that is fully understood and apprieciated. but the fact of the matter is we are paying our money from our jobs for a sub-standard game. We are merely saying we are paying our cash for a product that is not upto scratch, and until it is i will cancel my sub for one. other games that go through update glitches and similar problems at least give the paying players free game time as a thank you for waiting and sitting out the rough time whilst still paying there hard earned cash. A gesture similar to this would go a long way with gamers who like to feel valued as a customer.

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2004-09-06 12:45   
heres the guy who made FA in 4 months and says everyone has no life...

*claps*

Just leave the guy be and let him work.

Tbone
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2004-09-06 13:25   
Don't forget the 26 million credits! That's a lot of mining/scrounging of destroyed ships.

And Bounty, or A2S, whatever you wish to be called, if you want to cancel your subscription (or leave, that'd be fine too) please do so.

Email Tbone
Rae
Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2004-09-06 13:38   
hey... i've got a good idea. for those of you that don't like the game, LEAVE. i'll be happy to put on a big ol pair of cowboy boots and help kick your @ss out the door if it will make all you whiners shut up. this game is 400% better in the last couple of days.. and it seems that alot of the people whining are on dialup.. well guess what.. you're 56k!!! wtf do you expect?

okay, i realize that this is a little long for some of you to read, so maybe i should repeat myself?

IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT DON'T PAY, AND GET THE HELL OUT!!

p.s. faustus, good job please don't pay attention to a bunch of whiners

goldn out...

Hellza - Dark Master
Fleet Admiral
Praetorian Wolves

Posted: 2004-09-06 16:17   
im on 576kbps. no i never scrounged 1 credit. infact i had 44 mil but gave the rest away as i still am giving it away freely. nice creeping gold.

Where is the love ? This small planet we inhabit called Earth needs more peace, love and compassion. Without it our species wont be around much longer. We need to learn to love thy neighbour and not be harming and killing one another. MPNW !!

[ This Message was edited by: A2S on 2004-09-06 16:18 ]

Tbone
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2004-09-06 17:14   
Does anyone else find A2S's signature extremely ironic?

Email Tbone
Jar Jar Binks
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2004-09-06 17:24   
theres noone that force u to play this game you know. if u dont like it then please go away and let those that DO enjoy it play in peace!

yes i hate crybabies!

Xpli$it
Marshal

Posted: 2004-09-06 17:25   
I totally agree with the business point of view comments, perhaps we should find more devs...

Quote:

On 2004-09-06 07:46, BackSlash wrote:

Now how can you say lag is worse? You lock up for a minute ? MAX. Then it returns to normal. I am from the UK with a lag of about 150 ms, and I that this patch is alot better. Its not worse.

The lag is much worse. Maybe you just don't play often enough to notice it.

Tbone
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2004-09-06 17:34   
Xplisit, tha patch seems to have a polarised effect. In actuallity, the lag improved a LOT for at least 50-70% of the players. There were ~60 people in the MV the last I looked today, and that is noticably more then pre-patch. But the ones that are affected are always the loudest, as the one that can play have nothing to complain about.

So, yes the patch didn't help some, but others it helped a lot. Maybe you need to listen more.

Email Tbone
Hellza - Dark Master
Fleet Admiral
Praetorian Wolves

Posted: 2004-09-06 17:44   
. my comp worked fine b4 the update(only a bit of lag), but since the patches ive had lots of disconnections. and many hours where i cant even login. tbone as i say. if we all agreed what would be the point of a forum, it is here so we can all express our opinions and take in others opinions and not just slag someone off coz it isnt the same view as yours !! i dont complain about ppls objections to my ideas, but you complain no matter whos idea it is or a respond to it in a nasty manner if you dont like it. we are not all drones. we got our own minds................. well some of us anyway.

Xpli$it
Marshal

Posted: 2004-09-06 18:03   
Quote:

So, yes the patch didn't help some, but others it helped a lot. Maybe you need to listen more.

I don't need to listen all I need to do is enter the mv.

Gideon
Cadet

Posted: 2004-09-06 18:09   
Actually, the plan, according to F, is to give a free play time event AFTER the major glitches worked out.

Oh, and yeah, we provide a service for your money. However, that doesn't give people the right to treat us like slaves. We are people, too. We appreciate constructive and objective feedback, and we appreciate critiques. We don't appreciate being thretened, and told to "Get it together", like we're slacking children.

Try and find a large, medium, or small online game, who, when presented with a similar level of problem as DS, won't just ignore it for the weekend and then work to address it during the work week. Fact is, there arn't any.

So threaten and order us around all you want, but keep in mind that F is providing more effort to solving this than any other online game I've ever experienced, and I've just about tried them all. We are human, and we don't appreciate being treated poorly, either.

Email Gideon
Abandoned Mind
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2004-09-06 18:14   
i've been playing and paying for this for almost 2 years now...

I still love it!

even with the minor Lag problems I've seen, this game is better than any other I have tried.

I'm going to wait it out. See what becomes of DarkSpace. More players would be a good thing.

Xpli$it
Marshal

Posted: 2004-09-06 18:17   
Well Gids totally right I'm not trying to offend anyone but I am saying that maybe the solotion is more people working on the game.

Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2004-09-06 18:29   
First of all, paying customer or not (which I ALWAYS HAVE BEEN SINCE I CAME TO DS!), please give Faustus a break.

Second of all, if you are one of those pathetic ass freeloaders, a. you can't even get your freeloading asses in the MV, and b. how do you feel complaining about something you are getting free anyways?

See, I happen to agree that it is the people who whine and cry the loadest for the patch, also are so willing to just run off. Well guess what. If it wasn't for all the crying and bitching Faustus wouldn't have had to rush the damn patch. Now you get a rushed version and you wanna bolt? Then cya. As mom used to say "don't let the door hit ya where the Good Lord split ya". You are doing NOTHING to help make this a better game with all your whining and complaining. You ARE helping to run off potential NEW customers. These are people who WILL pay. These are folks who will help Faustus get some of the $$ he needs to make the game better.

I have a reality check for you belly achers out there; for all your expectations, you pay AT MOST 10 lousey bucks a month. That's it. I NEVER payed for a CD. I NEVER payed for anything except the ability to access 2 servers. That sure is a good price, in my opinion. However, if there are only 100 subbed players, do the math. that's $1000 a month, before taxes. Thank God Faustus lives in Texas, as there is no state income tax on that.

So you actually expect him to what, have a payed staff of 5 devs working 10 hours a day? Is DS the only job that Faustus should have then? Oh, and don't bother trying to have a family in your SPARE TIME either Richard! Do you expect that Faustus is going to have everything at his disposal to have top of the line servers? All on about $1000 a month?!?!?!?!

Get off his back. If you have an issue in the game, then post it on the buggs forum. If you have time on your hands, get in the beta server, and report any issues. Make reports to the staff with your bugg discoveries. But for pete's sake stop running off players. DS has become a great part of my life. I have good freinds here. The game has good grafics. I love the concept. I have fun.

In short, I get my $10 worth.

Again, I'm not saying you shouldn't feel that everything is just rosey. It isn't. But use your efforts constructively, instead of helping to destroy this game I love by running off what player base remains.

Email Azreal   Goto the website of Azreal
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
Page created in 0.022255 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR