No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +17.3 Hours

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » Get it Together...
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
 Author Get it Together...
BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2004-09-06 19:00   
Quote:

On 2004-09-06 18:29, Azreal wrote:
First of all, paying customer or not (which I ALWAYS HAVE BEEN SINCE I CAME TO DS!), please give Faustus a break.

Second of all, if you are one of those pathetic ass freeloaders, a. you can't even get your freeloading asses in the MV, and b. how do you feel complaining about something you are getting free anyways?

See, I happen to agree that it is the people who whine and cry the loadest for the patch, also are so willing to just run off. Well guess what. If it wasn't for all the crying and bitching Faustus wouldn't have had to rush the damn patch. Now you get a rushed version and you wanna bolt? Then cya. As mom used to say "don't let the door hit ya where the Good Lord split ya". You are doing NOTHING to help make this a better game with all your whining and complaining. You ARE helping to run off potential NEW customers. These are people who WILL pay. These are folks who will help Faustus get some of the $$ he needs to make the game better.

I have a reality check for you belly achers out there; for all your expectations, you pay AT MOST 10 lousey bucks a month. That's it. I NEVER payed for a CD. I NEVER payed for anything except the ability to access 2 servers. That sure is a good price, in my opinion. However, if there are only 100 subbed players, do the math. that's $1000 a month, before taxes. Thank God Faustus lives in Texas, as there is no state income tax on that.

So you actually expect him to what, have a payed staff of 5 devs working 10 hours a day? Is DS the only job that Faustus should have then? Oh, and don't bother trying to have a family in your SPARE TIME either Richard! Do you expect that Faustus is going to have everything at his disposal to have top of the line servers? All on about $1000 a month?!?!?!?!

Get off his back. If you have an issue in the game, then post it on the buggs forum. If you have time on your hands, get in the beta server, and report any issues. Make reports to the staff with your bugg discoveries. But for pete's sake stop running off players. DS has become a great part of my life. I have good freinds here. The game has good grafics. I love the concept. I have fun.

In short, I get my $10 worth.

Again, I'm not saying you shouldn't feel that everything is just rosey. It isn't. But use your efforts constructively, instead of helping to destroy this game I love by running off what player base remains.

with you 200%

Puny
1st Rear Admiral

Posted: 2004-09-06 19:36   
Those players that leave because of lag issues, should never have played with us at all. If you can't deal with a teencie-weencie bit o' lag, then just go away. Seriously, even if you lose some Pres, don't complain, just get it back by going Supp for a while.

My philosophy:

"Deal with it."

Period.
-Puny

Hellza - Dark Master
Fleet Admiral
Praetorian Wolves

Posted: 2004-09-07 04:45   
whether its $10 or $1000 per month. we contracted that price for a full playable game. we are not getting that. thats alls im saying. so what your saying is this is only a hobby to Fausus coz of all his other prior commitments and he gets around to this when he can. i understand that, but why not let him do it part time and make it free play for everyone and all you ppl that love it so much just make donations ? if he is charging for a so called proffesional run game, thats what we want. nothing more, nothing less

Hellza - Dark Master
Fleet Admiral
Praetorian Wolves

Posted: 2004-09-07 04:49   
Quote:

On 2004-09-06 19:36, Puny wrote:
Seriously, even if you lose some Pres, don't complain, just get it back by going Supp for a while.

-Puny

Whos talking about pres lol

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2004-09-07 05:29   
hes saying even if you do.

Sc0tTn
Cadet

Posted: 2004-09-07 07:27   
Not sure how many people actually know this but if u read the message when u connect the server says: connected at maybe around 4000kb (for me anyway) /bps 35000 sets my speed for the game at the maximum amount and i experience less lag! try it!

Email Sc0tTn
PuppetMaster[**]
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2004-09-07 10:55   
Quote:

On 2004-09-06 01:06, Bhishma wrote:
If Darkspace is still in a development phase (we go in and find errors) it seems sort of illogical that we be paying (albeit, a relatively small amount) to have a product that "will be finished up when the development team finds the time".

Why does it reminds me of Windoze?

Jar Jar Binks
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2004-09-07 11:51   
Quote:

On 2004-09-07 04:45, A2S wrote:
ALOT of whine!!!

what part is not playable? ive never had any major issues with this game.

and ive been here since beta.

u never thought that it might be YOUR PC, or YOUR connection thats at fault here? i mean, the vast majority of the players noticed a lot less lag after the patch, while a small minority thought it was the same/worse.

so how about u go burn that 14.4 modem and throw that 486 Mhz computer out the window and acually go get something worth playing on insted...

and i seriously doubt that many players would miss u if u acually DID quit. well, they would notice alot less pointless whine on the forums, but thats pretty much it id guess...

Arch Angel
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2004-09-07 11:56   
Not going to Bash F, as I think the development of the game from when I started has been awsome. Nobody can say that the game has not been improved. There will always be set backs with development as you can never stress test fully especially concidering the nature of Ds.

Unfortunately I am on a crappy 64k connection speed and living in the UK. This means that unfortunately in the MV I am unable to play bacuse of the evil lag monster, which is a crying shame cause the game rocks. I'll just sit back and chill for a while till it gets fixed, as it will be. F has brough the game this far he aint going to leave it in this state.

If anyone is interested I tend to get and increase in Lag (or complete loss of control) when warping in to a target. Basically warping into kick some ass just not working getting 5-10 seconds of not being able to do anything.

Oh and Jar Jar before you say get a better connection I cannot broadband is just not available where I live .

{.} edit because I cannot spell to save mi lyfe.

[small][ This Message was edited by: Arch Angel on 2004-09-07 11:57 ][/small]

[ This Message was edited by: Arch Angel on 2004-09-07 11:58 ]

Coeus {NCX-Charger}
Admiral, I can't read,
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2004-09-07 12:02   
/me brings some extra cheese to this thread.

Devs are working - and there is one universal phrase that is key to understanding what F & all the other devs are going through...

A computer does what you tell it to, not what you want it to. Threads like this aren't helping.

Darkspace: Twilight

Goto the website of Coeus {NCX-Charger}
Reason
Cadet

Posted: 2004-09-07 12:29   
Quote:
whether its $10 or $1000 per month. we contracted that price for a full playable game. we are not getting that. thats alls im saying. so what your saying is this is only a hobby to Fausus coz of all his other prior commitments and he gets around to this when he can. i understand that, but why not let him do it part time and make it free play for everyone and all you ppl that love it so much just make donations ? if he is charging for a so called proffesional run game, thats what we want. nothing more, nothing less

If you subscribe, you are paying to have your stats availible to you and gain prestige past the level capped at "Demo" status. Your subscription also allows you to access our Metaverse and other Subscriber Only servers. You can get a taste of the game content whether you subscribe or not. You are paying for access to a greater level of content then provided through the "Demo Account" mode.

The Content and Condition of the game is in an "Active" Developement mode, meaning we are constantly trying to enhance the game content and performance of the game. While we continually work on these enhancements, some things may need to be fixed along the way. Nothing is perfect.

We will NOT be rolling back to an older version for any reason, unless we are forced to do so. In other words, unless irreversible damage has been done to the released version and it is determined that a rollback is needed, there will not be any rollback.

As for those trying to dictate how I and the rest of the Developement Team spend our Volunteered Free-time, remember that we dont have to do this and we dont have to be here. To be honest, each time something negative is said that detracts from the game/community, I personally consider spending that much more time doing something else rather then spend it here. Especially if we are trying to improve the game to the extent that we are able to, and all we receive in return is complaints. Each negative comment/remark made turns at least one more subscribing customer away whether it was meant to or not. Whether you see it or not, we are trying to do the best that we can with what we have.

Please trust us to decide whats best for the community, the game, and future developements. Of course, you are always welcome to give your constructive input to help further enhance the game. We encourage and support our community to be involved!

Please use your time to be more constructive rather then detract from our community. If you feel the need to complain, at least try to come up with a way to help find a solution, rather then create more problems.

As always, thanks for your patients and your support of Darkspace and our community!

- |2eason -

Hellza - Dark Master
Fleet Admiral
Praetorian Wolves

Posted: 2004-09-07 12:36   
reason. thats codswallop. i think this thread should now be locked or erased. its dragging out now lol.

Reason
Cadet

Posted: 2004-09-07 12:38   
...And yet its true, accept it or not.

- |2eason -

Astral Viper
Cadet

Posted: 2004-09-07 12:49   
Reason is right read what u agreed to before tou start to rant and i think theyve done a wonderfull job with ds i didnt leave because of lag i left because of some personal issues irl and i wanted to try other games in my free time. But im back cause guess what this game kicks ass with or with out the whining.

Good Job F and the Dev team and thank you for contributing your free time instead of spending it with your families or eating or sleeping or (unfortunately) bathing.

GTN wasnt just a Fleet it was a Family we all were and still are and always will be brothers in our hearts.

From the ashes of Earth we rise like a pheonix spreading our wings

Email Astral Viper
BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2004-09-07 13:09   
Guys...have you ever looked back at how old the game is...

The engine (Madusa) hasnt been changed in over 3 years. Its still the same. Yet look, it stands up pretty well next to most games, the developers can manipulate it easily, and change things to make them look better. Faustus did A LOT of work on this engine and it is probably one of the best iv ever seen. He knows what he's doing and he CAN code well. He will find this bug, hell he's already pretty much ironed it out appart from the connecting problems for 56k users and the zone servers crashing. That of which he can fix by making the server more aware of whats doing what.

For christ sake he's even made the game better for the next patch...they are already preparing to move to the next stage, this is a darn sight quicker than the year and a half we had to wait for 1.481.

The lag is pretty much fixed.
The game looks sweet in Gideons images, and from what iv been talking to him about its going to look absolutly amazing.
Faustus is mad at work trying to fix the problems that are left with this patch, and doing so pretty well with sometimes 2-3 patches a day. After this patch there will be no more problems like this. The game wont go under anymore becuase the way the game works isnt going to be changed as much as it was in 1.481. You have to understand that after this is fixed. It WONT HAPPEN AGAIN, unless ofcourse a bug is found and thats fixed. But it wont happen.

I say well played to the Dev team, Admin's and Faustus are doing a bloody damned good job.

*claps*

Faustus I hope you can get this through the lag this week, because you can show these non-believers what the game is really gonna be like.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
Page created in 0.021159 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR