No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
03/30/24 +1.6 Days

Search

Anniversaries

21th - Doran

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Announcements » » Factional Fleet Forum spanning posts
 Author Factional Fleet Forum spanning posts
Shigernafy
Admiral

Posted: 2004-09-13 21:43   
There now exists a method for Fleets with forums to communicate with eachother via communal posts.

The system allows Fleets to post a message and have it be seen in all the forums of Fleets of the same faction. Thus, fleets may communicate battle plans or such, by posting to this thread. To further explain the system, I'll use a FAQ format.

Q: How do a I post a message for all my faction-mate Fleets to see?
A: When creating a new message within your Fleet's forum, simply check the last box in the Options section, where it says "Make this post visible in forums of my faction." Then, it will appear in all the forums of fleets in your faction.

Q: How will I know if a thread is a Forum-spanning thread?
A: For one, it will likely be created by someone not in your fleet. To make things easier, though, the name of the topic will be displayed with a Faction: in front of it. This signifies that it is a message designed to be seen by the entire Faction. For example, if you made a thread and called it "Assault on Xi Bootis, Friday", it would be displayed in all the forums as "Faction: Assault on Xi Bootis, Friday."

Q: What if a fleet has a public forum? Or what if they make their forum public after posting these messages?
A: Faction messages will only be show in Private Fleet forums. If a Fleet has an open forum, they will not see these messages. Likewise, if a Fleet has a private forum now, and makes it public later, it will stop showing any Faction threads. Once it is locked and private again, they will all reappear.

Q: Augh! Player StUpIdHeAd is spamming Factional messages, and I can't delete them!
A: Please rephrase that in the form of a question.

Q: Augh! Player StUpIdHeAd is spamming Factional messages, and I can't delete them! What do I do?
A: Its true that not all Fleet Forum mods have the ability to delete Factional messages; only the mods in the forum in which the topic was originally posted can delete or lock the thread. However, we figured the threat of spamming was less of a concern than was the problem of others deleting threads or taking other actions upon them, so it was designed this way.
If this happens, you can try to contact a Fleet Admin (and thus forum mod) of the Fleet in which the thread originated, and have them remove it. If they are unwilling or cannot be contacted, talk to a DarkSpace Admin; they can deal with such threads.

Q: When I click on a thread that was started in ClanX's forum, it says that I'm reading the thread within their forum, even though I clicked on the link within my own forum. Does that mean I can read their forum?
A: No. When the post was made, it was entered into the database as originating in ClanX's forum, and thus will always show that when viewed. However, the way the Factional posts were designed was that despite this visual trick, you're still in your forum; if you click on the link to ClanX's forum, it will take you back to yours. Possibly confusing, but a workaround was judged to not be worth the trouble, and this still works.

Q: Duhrrr... I'm still confused about something. What do I do?
A: Post a reply to this thread, and I will do my best to clear up whatever is troubling you.

Q: I love you.
A: Yeah, I know. I love you, too.

Email Shigernafy
Fattierob
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2004-09-13 21:48   
Quote:

Q: I love you.
A: Yeah, I know. I love you, too.

IN THE FORM OF A QUESTION!!!

[ This Message was edited by: System.out.println("Fattierob"); on 2004-09-13 21:49 ]

Lunatiq
Grand Admiral
Templar Knights

Posted: 2004-09-13 21:55   
Boy, don't I love you?

Fatal Command (CO)
Marshal
Fatal Squadron

From: over here in New York noticing some ppl are like canoes.....they need to be paddled.
Posted: 2004-09-13 23:53   
Q.can it get any better than this?
A.DAMN SKIPPY

Email Fatal Command (CO)
BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2004-09-14 01:40   
Factional Fleet Forum spanning posts

Coeus {NCX-Charger}
Admiral, I can't read,
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2004-09-15 14:53   
Daddy like

Darkspace: Twilight

Goto the website of Coeus {NCX-Charger}
Xilaratu
Cadet

Posted: 2004-09-15 15:07   
hoorah.

Page created in 0.011680 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR