No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
04/27/24 +6.4 Hours

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Tactics & New Players » » General Tips for Noobs!
 Author General Tips for Noobs!
Firestorm
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2004-10-01 20:40   
A lot of you noobs out there are pretty clueless about some things. This is a list of things that might help some of you become de-noobie-fied.

1) noob = newbie

2) don't crash into planets or self-destruct unless ur trying to lose prestige

3) e-jump away from a threat if u feel that ur going to die by pressing SHIFT + J. make sure where you're facing tho because you will travel for about 8 seconds and u don't want to crash into a planet or star.

4) use eccms (electronic counter-countermeasures) to spot enemy ships, especially cloaked k'luth. every ship within 2500 gu of an active eccm will gain +3 to their signiture.

5) use ecms (electronic countermeasures) to hide yourself from enemies (works great with k'luth's cloaking device). it gives -3 signiture to all ships within 500 gu of an active ecm.

6) watch your power. you cannot recharge your shields and weapons without power, it is the blue bar at the bottom of your screen. using devices and weapons lowers it, while drives and reactors raise it.
emp, flux, and elf weapons will lower it too.

IE Drive - Basic Drive; lowest power and recharge
AFE Drive - Next level up from IE Drive, more power and faster charge
PFE Drive - Better than PFE, but not the best
AME Drive - The most charge and fastest recharge time

Fusion Reactor 500- +2.5 max energy, faster recharge
Fusion Reactor 1000- +5 max energy, faster recharge
Fusion Reactor 1500- +7.5 max energy, faster recharge

7) Watch your signiture. the bar at the bottom of the screen labeled signiture shows you how easy it is to detect your ship. if your signiture is 0 or below you cant be targeted (it is still possible to be hit by weapons tho)
anything above 0 and you can be seen.

all active eccms within range will raise ur sig. by +3 (+6 if it is planet based)

all active ecms within range will lower ur sig by -3 (-6 if it is planet based)

cloaking device sets it to 0 +/- active eccm and ecm in range

Watch your speed. the faster u move, the more you drain from your engines, but u still want to move fast enough to dodge. average dodging speed should be 20 gu/s.

9) Read the DS (DarkSpace) Academy files

10) Read and look through the manual

11) Read the Forums!

12) Don't cuss or swear unless u want to upset an admin

13) don't dock with other ships, if they fly into a planet u go with them (don't kno if this is still in effect with the new patch tho)

14) Don't fly alone too often, especially into combat

15) don't attack a planet that has a lot of defenses, unless u have support and are trying to cap it

feel free to add things or correct me, its been awhile since i was a noob

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2004-10-01 20:47   
IE = slowest drive
AFE = Middling Drive
PFE = Higher middling drive
AME = Fastest Drive

Just thaught id add a bit to yours..

Also dont fly around on your own unless you wnat to be CL2k chop sui. Find a more expeirienced player and ask him to show you the ropes. If not just fly around with em.

Captain Blue
Cadet

Posted: 2004-10-01 22:06   
yah i think u got it all read the manual it atcully helps in this game

Email Captain Blue
Meko
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2004-10-02 00:33   
another tip.

when someone says to "fallow" them, dont press "fallow" (f key) press "shadow" (g key i think it is)

also, if you in the MV and you want to fly the big dogs fast, its a general rule of thumb that dying wont speed things up. (this isnt a joke). fly support vessles of your not powerfull enough to fight. grab a supply, sit near a war zone (preferably at a friendly planet) and wait for the damaged vessels to come in.

if you REALLY want to make a difference, grab a supply, target a friendly dread.... (assault dread for ICC, elite assault dread for ugto, siphon, mandable or whatnot for Kluth)... anyways target a friendly one, press "enter" then type in "/t hey need a running supply?"

let me define running supply. you fallow him into battle. you keep him alive when he gets fluxed. you may be in a little tin can, but you can keep a dread alive for a long time in battle.

with a few runnign supplys helping out some dreads a fleet can do Much more damage than without them.

Email Meko
RagAnok
Admiral

Posted: 2004-10-02 02:42   
well said meko
i hav seen a dessy take out a combat dread with the help of a supply...

and just to add a bit of my own

if you are kulth and you have more then 6 sig turn off your cloak, all it will do is drain power that is better used in recharging your Weapons. it will all so help reduce FF

Telekinesis, thats what you need, just lay back and let your mind do the walking

Firestorm
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2004-10-02 03:04   
I forgot to mention that one

.spaivxx.
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2004-10-02 05:22   
One bit of advice to some of the noobs on ICC; charging at my EAD head on in your heavy cruiser is not going to accomplish anything. Yeah, I do like watching your hull rapidly diminish, but organized attacks in groups tend to make more of an impact and give you greater chance of survival. When fighting a dread, unless you are very well shielded/armored and hull still high, not good to get within beam range.

Captain Blue
Cadet

Posted: 2004-10-02 12:19   
Quote:

On 2004-10-02 00:33, Meko wrote:
another tip.

when someone says to "fallow" them, dont press "fallow" (f key) press "shadow" (g key i think it is)

also, if you in the MV and you want to fly the big dogs fast, its a general rule of thumb that dying wont speed things up. (this isnt a joke). fly support vessles of your not powerfull enough to fight. grab a supply, sit near a war zone (preferably at a friendly planet) and wait for the damaged vessels to come in.

if you REALLY want to make a difference, grab a supply, target a friendly dread.... (assault dread for ICC, elite assault dread for ugto, siphon, mandable or whatnot for Kluth)... anyways target a friendly one, press "enter" then type in "/t hey need a running supply?"

let me define running supply. you fallow him into battle. you keep him alive when he gets fluxed. you may be in a little tin can, but you can keep a dread alive for a long time in battle.

with a few runnign supplys helping out some dreads a fleet can do Much more damage than without them.

yah taht is great advice plus supplying gets u madd fast pres

Email Captain Blue
UnknownWarrior
Grand Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2004-10-02 13:54   
On another mental note....The people flying around in the Frigates that dont have a fricken clue to what your doing...Take my advice...Dont go charging after an Assault Dread or Elite Assault Dread....YOU WILL GET KILLED!

Email UnknownWarrior
Firestorm
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2004-10-03 18:05   
Another thing to mention for ICC noobs...join the Knights of Exarthia

Firestorm
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2004-10-08 20:43   
correction...join the Knights of Exathra

Ragglock
Marshal
BIOnics Industry Syndicate

Posted: 2004-10-09 02:50   
finaly but not least

try to memorize the DS top 20-10 rankings if you meet some of those guys on the battelfield dresed in red dont try to take them out all by yourself

these vets have been around for a long time so get some freinds to help you fight them down

LOVE the smell of human flesh in the morning smells like MVictory

Goto the website of Ragglock
Page created in 0.027343 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR