No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +7.4 Hours

Search

Anniversaries

1st - Alamode

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » a thought on how to limit the fighter/it/psi spam problem
 Author a thought on how to limit the fighter/it/psi spam problem
Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2004-10-08 18:47   
I love the fighters. I love missle Syphons. But even I have to say that the spam is out of hand. It is begining to make actual fleet to fleet battles (the very basis for DS) impossible. So i thought of an idea.

Why can't you make it so that when you launch missles/fighters, and this goes for planetary defenses, you are unable to launch another shot until after those are expired. A siphon allows 2 fighters. It can only control two fighters at any time. It could have up to seven missles, I think, and should only be able to control that many.

And another thing. If you really wanna stop this lag, then make a special slot for missles. They can currently swap for torps, which is a logical approach, yet it is too open to exploit. It would also control what types of ships would be allowed to use them, and exactly how many.

May have been suggested, but maybe needs revived talk. How long and how much trouble would it be to make a change like this? We really need help in there with the fighter/missle spam guys. I'm sending out an SOS here.

Flame on

Email Azreal   Goto the website of Azreal
Lux (Polaris)
Fleet Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2004-10-08 18:59   
Indeed. I think that's a feasible idea, but dont switch the Missile/Torp slot to a special missile slot. Fighter lag in the MV comes down particularly hard on me...

Loyal Admiral of the Interstellar Cultural Confederation Navy.
Senior Commander of the Raven Warriors, the ICC elite.
Captain of the Assault Dreadnaught \"Gungnir\"

Email Lux (Polaris)
BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2004-10-08 19:13   
fighter lag hardly affects me...me and drafell proved that 500 fighters could be on a map and no lag affects where felt....so I dont see how it can be different for everyone else. We even live in the UK (extra 100 ping).

I get no fighter lag, I just get low FPS.

Doran
Chief Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2004-10-08 19:19   
it could work. heck, with bombs your get [6 mirvs/5 bios/3 pcms] per launcher and thats it. if you empty it, you dont get to fire more untill the bombs you have out are destroyed, dont see any huge reason fighters and missiles cant be limited in the same way

_x$witchBladex_ [1.480 Fanboy]
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2004-10-08 19:21   
Quote:

On 2004-10-08 19:13, BackSlash {Absolut} wrote:
fighter lag hardly affects me...me and drafell proved that 500 fighters could be on a map and no lag affects where felt....so I dont see how it can be different for everyone else. We even live in the UK (extra 100 ping).

I get no fighter lag, I just get low FPS.

Have to remember the people with older comps Backy .

~Switch

* [=TB=]Enterprise @39933 sent to Clan: "Thats a lie Switch, you'd never let anyone else drink rum if it were right there. You'd slip teh roofies in and start drinking it yourself and not even realize it."

Coeus {NCX-Charger}
Admiral, I can't read,
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2004-10-08 20:07   
My comp (p4 2.4ghz 512mb GeForce FX 5200 128mb vid card) maxes out at around 200-ish fighters/missiles... so I rarely feel the effects but I do feel them.

Darkspace: Twilight

Goto the website of Coeus {NCX-Charger}
Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2004-10-08 22:09   

when we have 130 people in there, all hurling thier missles, and the planets spitting their defensive fire, and the torps are flying, and lasers and your very movements in and out of dictors, and all those damn ICC and UGTO fighters, you shut the server down. Combat has been impossible fleet to fleet for both sides when we engage in groups of 10 each or more due to all these things

Email Azreal   Goto the website of Azreal
Page created in 0.014353 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR