No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +5.0 Days

Search

Anniversaries

21th - Chubba

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Fan Art » » Ship ideals of my own design. NOT IN GAME SHIPS ! ! !
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
 Author Ship ideals of my own design. NOT IN GAME SHIPS ! ! !
JaneWay
Cadet

Posted: 2004-10-25 00:33   
Quote:

On 2004-10-24 23:53, TheTerminator970 wrote:
That Frigate seems lacking. I think it needs to change those pulse beams to CL2k's and have 3 reactors.

I got a idea!! Flux scout! Scout with 8 flux!!

A Flux scout = Uber
Frigate with Cl2k's and 3 reactors = Uber
Chances that ther will be added 0.0001%

Grimith
Grand Admiral
Templar Knights

Posted: 2004-10-25 00:42   
A scout couldn't support anything like that. Considering that no cruiser even has eight heavy weapon slots (maybe the K'luth scarab does... other than that, though... no), there'd be no fathomable way for 8 heavy weapon slots to FIT on a scout.

Furthermore, considering that eight flux right now could severely cripple a destroyer to the point where functioning would cease to be a rational idea, a scout with eight flux should be a suicide ship --- it should DIE.

I wouldn't even comprehend how it'd get the energy to hold those puppies in, either......

Goto the website of Grimith
BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2004-10-25 05:55   
Flux doesnt require that much nrgy to reload them....my 41 flux dread reloaded them without taking a singly pop from the nrgy reserves.

22Raptor
Cadet

Posted: 2004-10-26 04:39   
nice weapons!

EdtheMAD
Cadet

Posted: 2004-10-26 14:42   
i'll take a scout with four railguns!
one dorsal, one ventral, one port, and one starboard.
two engines, two reactors, and i've never needed any more than one sheild.

damn the torpedoes! hypervelocity is the way to go!

Once to every man and nation comes the moment to decide,
In the strife of Truth and Falsehood, for the good or evil side;
-J.R. Lo

-DJSMITH- {Thors Hammer}
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2004-10-26 16:42   
noobs...

the assault ships need to be toned down, or else all the other ships (i.e. all non-modded ships) will have to be ubertized, i do think that all ships should get about 50% more weapons, it takes waaaaaaay too long to kill any ship, skirmishes should last at most 2 minutes.

I do have an idea for wormhole devices, they get changed to a device that drains energy as long as it is turned on, like a interdictor, the wormhole will open when the player has his device active, and will be closed within two seconds of it being turned off.

Proud Member of the Thor's Hammer Bomber Squadron

[ This Message was edited by: -DJSMITH- {Thors Hammer} on 2004-10-26 16:43 ]

Xilaratu
Cadet

Posted: 2004-10-26 18:52   
And Scarab has either 7 or 9, depending on whether it has psi missiles or not. (Don't recall.)

[ This Message was edited by: Darkspacian {=FI=} on 2004-10-26 18:54 ]

Pope
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2004-10-26 19:11   
I still hope the development Team will consider my very well-balanced and thoroughly thought-out Ship Suggestion

Sovereign
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2004-10-26 19:14   
rofl, that ship is awesome

Linna Yamazaka {Vice Admiral}
Vice Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2004-10-26 19:18   
Quote:

On 2004-10-26 16:42, -DJSMITH- {Thors Hammer} wrote:
noobs...

the assault ships need to be toned down, or else all the other ships (i.e. all non-modded ships) will have to be ubertized, i do think that all ships should get about 50% more weapons, it takes waaaaaaay too long to kill any ship, skirmishes should last at most 2 minutes.

I do have an idea for wormhole devices, they get changed to a device that drains energy as long as it is turned on, like a interdictor, the wormhole will open when the player has his device active, and will be closed within two seconds of it being turned off.

I like the ideal of the lowering of the power of some ships. But you must relize that the assault ships are that ASSAULT ships, There main goal its powerfuly weapons to quickly dystroy eneamey ships. And as for tha addion of more weapons that will not so it. The damage for each weapon should be rised and not the amount of guns.

I like the ideal of the everlasting wormhole that drines power fromt he ship. I will allow more bigger fleets of ships to go from point to point. But will there be a certian recharge point in there to not allow multiply jumps one after another??? The idea is good as the rechagre for the current Worm holes TAKE JUST TO DANG LONG ! ! !

Jjust some ideals about the ships of the differant factions.

As for the UGTO ships they should be as follows;
Heavly armed but light defence, As there manliy for offence. thus Meaning a small amout of heavy weapons and a good mix of light and medum weapons.

As for the ICC ships they should be as follows;
Heavly defended and lightly armed with a mulitude of light and medum weapons. The ICC is mainly for defence and thus there ships should be as such.

As for the K'luth they should stay as there are, but add more heavy weapons to them, And added steath coponets to allow them to use more hit and run attacks.

I'll be atempting to get EACH ship redone in my idea way for each faction, and post them here or in a new topic. If you have any ideas for the ships under what is above post them here and i'll take a lookse into them.

Two weeks™ Later and a new sig.

Email Linna Yamazaka {Vice Admiral}   Goto the website of Linna Yamazaka {Vice Admiral}
-DJSMITH- {Thors Hammer}
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2004-10-27 13:13   
well, the damage is good already, more torpedo bays and such would help very much to increase the realism of the game, 3 torps should be enough to waste a scout, more torp bays = more shots, making it mroe real, please dont flame me on that saying something like " ack, he's crazy dotn liten 2 hem!" these ideas would help alot, considering that wormhole idea....

the way it is now, the WH's last for a certain amount of time, and this makes things more strategic, but i think if WH devices were real, they could jsut turn them off and on whenever they please, the longer a WH is open, the longer it will take to close, this i think is a good rule. something like one tenth of a second for each second the WH is open.

Linna Yamazaka {Vice Admiral}
Vice Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2004-10-27 13:17   
I'm not bashing or flaming You DJSmith, I'm just pointing out that the incress in the number of weapons may not be the right way to go thats all.

Two weeks™ Later and a new sig.

Email Linna Yamazaka {Vice Admiral}   Goto the website of Linna Yamazaka {Vice Admiral}
EdtheMAD
Cadet

Posted: 2004-10-28 12:31   
i say, rather than simply more hardpoints we just move the existing ones to more logical locations on the ships. possibly adding a couple if logic permits.

for example: move the two fore guns on the scouts to the sides with a 190 degree firing arc, giving them the abillity to engage targets that aren't directly in front of the ship.

so the damage and firepower has not been increased, but rather the flexibility of the system itself. you still have three guns capable of being directed foreward, but now you can direct all three aft as well, and two to port or starboard.

this would increase the flexibility of the scout, while keeping it far less than "uber." i.e. it's still the same old frail thing that will expolde and die should it attempt to slug-up a destroyer, but it's now capable of swingning much more effectivley.

as for sheilds and armour, screw it all. i only need enough to suvive a minute or two.

also, more projectile weapons. like a vulcan-based PDS remminicient of the Phalanx used by the Navy. or a snub cannon for use in place of torpedoes(should the individual prefer). no explosive damage, but the lovely pennetration power characteristic of hypervelocity guns.

guided weapons can be defeated, unguided weapons can only be dodged.

Once to every man and nation comes the moment to decide,
In the strife of Truth and Falsehood, for the good or evil side;
-J.R. Lo

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2004-10-28 12:55   
THE SHIPS....ARE BEING...RE-DESIGNED....ALREADY

Coeus {NCX-Charger}
Admiral, I can't read,
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2004-10-28 22:58   
Excellent - Opperation Give Backy an Anurism (sp?) is proceeding nicely. Send in the 500th wave of newbies!

Darkspace: Twilight

Goto the website of Coeus {NCX-Charger}
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Page created in 0.024151 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR