Upcoming Events

- Towel Day
05/25/24 +5.9 Days

Search

Anniversaries

22th - Enterprise
21th - Hobbyte

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Soap Box » » Was going to keep this private...
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
 Author Was going to keep this private...
Coeus {NCX-Charger}
Admiral, I can't read,
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2004-11-24 02:53   
IRL best friend is bi too... he was nervous about telling me & our other friends too... I laughed and asked why when he told me... heh

Didn't understand why he was nervous then, understand even less now

BTW, this doesn't change a thing tbone... you're still my bish!

Darkspace: Twilight

Goto the website of Coeus {NCX-Charger}
Zorg
Cadet

Posted: 2004-11-24 04:02   
Quote:

On 2004-11-24 02:02, Astral Viper wrote:
Thats alot better than how gothug came out

Waitaminutewhat? Goththug gay?
*sudden urge to turn straight /fast/ and burn all evidence*

DSA-UGTO is looking for Players willing to teach or learn!

Hussaro
Cadet

Posted: 2004-12-02 14:59   
Hi, maybe an old topic, but I wouls still liek to reply.

I'm very happy for TBone that he took the courage and bravery to take the step. Indeed, communities as these where there is still some level of anonymousity (spelling?) would be the best training grounds to take the bigger step and inform people IRL. I'm very impressed by Tbones courage, many people can take an example of him.

People these days tend to think of this matter all too lightly. Bisexuality and homosexuality are getting integrated more and more in our sociaties. Some people take it for granted too though, and don't understand how it feels like to find it hard to bring the words over their lips.

Some people in my closer neighbourhood are gay, bi, or lesbian as well and I can tell you, those people had a very hard time outing their sexuality. But they all outed themselves for the same reason. They wanted to share. Ever thought of it how it feels if you are a guy and fall in love with another guy but can't talk with people about it? One of my best friends went through this matter and almost went down cause he just couldn't talk about it to other people.

All in all, TBone, congratulations on this first step. If you ever need the urge to talk, you can find me regularly on MSN. If you don't have my addy, I'm sure some people can help you getting it.

Good luck hon!

Many hugs and kisses, Sandy.

Xilaratu
Cadet

Posted: 2004-12-02 15:01   
>_< Huss just bumpage`d it.

Sardaukar
Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2004-12-02 17:18   
And now I will bump it

Tbone, to quote the general attitude of the lobby before the 1.481 patch,
"Nothing Changed" . Although they said it in anger back then, I have no troubles at all, and like everyone here, not to be generic or anything, but I admire your courage to say this.

Dem
Cadet

Posted: 2004-12-02 17:37   
Quote:

On 2004-11-23 16:09, Az! wrote:
DarkSpace takes pride in a community where people of all countries, ethnicities, and dialects can come together for an awesome gaming experience. As we are all here to share in the same neverending fun, detriments such as Swearing, racial slurs, bigotry, and religious/political/drug discussions are prohibited in the main lobby and in game.
- Please refer to the Rules of Conduct located on the menu to the left side of the screen for more information.

Now, before ya'll go getting indignant over my reminding you of the above, keep this in mind; It doesn't have to do with anything that has to do with DS. I certainly don't feel the need to know, or have any concerns whatever, for the "orientations" of a green or red diamond that I either fire at or don't. Does that make sense? Simplify. See no point in spreading personal life in a realm of fiction.

Also, I seem to remember, just around the first month I started, where another player decided to tell everyone thier "orientations". I also remember the resulting flame war and that this person ultimately left DS over some rather hurtful things said. Just offering that as an example of why I think these kinds of TOPICS are wrong for this forum. Notice I said TOPICS.

All that said, I don't know you, other than the few, not very pleasant experiences in the forum, but even those are like, big deal. Never see you in MV, that I can think of. So I guess overall, nothing's changed.

First of all, Az, I WROTE that little bit you're quoting there, so I damn well WILL get indignant over its misrepresentation.

Sexual orientation = religion = political orientation = ethnicity = skin color. We live in a world where people ought to be able to proudly and simply proclaim who they are, and be respected for it. At the moment, unfortunately, it is this right as concerned with sexual orientation that is causing a lot of uproar (at least in the U.S.).

Tbone wasn't stating any opinions or trying to force people to approve of him. He was simply saying "Hi. I am bi. I would like everyone to know this."

Which is the exact same as saying, to use some controversial examples of the past and present: "I am a satanist. I am an anarchist. I am an arab. I am black." There is no opinion being stated; this is merely self-assertion, a given and undeniable right for all human beings. That statement you see every time you log on was meant to encourage people to be open with each other and be tolerant, not to discourage it.

-Dem

[ This Message was edited by: Dem Zero on 2004-12-02 17:56 ]

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2004-12-02 17:52   
Amen to that Dem. Somethings should be kept private, but this shouldnt have to be. People aught to be able and come out and say "Im gay/bi" without having the fear of the community score down upon him/her.

Being open is good.

Tael
2nd Rear Admiral
Palestar

Posted: 2004-12-02 18:28   
The fact that myself or one of the other old stogy admins havent stepped in yet should show that this simple statement of fact is not an issue we are concerned with...

And as yet, nothing herein has gone over the board into the indecent or inviolation of the R.o.C.... Therefore the only hyprocracy is from anyone denouncing anyone else for their personal life choices.

One of the foundations of this community is being tolerant of each other for our personal differences and acknowledging they are what make each of us individual beings...

As long as this or other converstations/threads dont get to specific about details then there is no reason not to respect it and the individual.

Email Tael
Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2004-12-02 20:55   
I declare, this day forward, I post nothing, other than my fleet forums.

I never implied anything in anyway that should have given anyone any reason to flame me or get offended. Sorry, but it's true. I reread what I wrote, I stand by it.

My actual concern was for Tbone, you boneheads.

While I enjoy a good flame war, over a subject like this ain't the place.

All of your empty talk of tolerance equals this; though I have in no way given a negative opinion of this, the very fact that I haven't given a positive either seems to make me a phobic, intolerant, opinionated person. Thank you for demonstrating your idea of tolerance in action. I see your brand of tolerance in your irrational responses to my non commitment of an opinion.

And Tbone, for the record, I think you are pretty cool. No probs here, between you and I. And I'm sorry that this is because of me, in whatever way. Nothing else here is directed in your direction whatsoever.

Peace

Email Azreal   Goto the website of Azreal
BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2004-12-02 20:58   
No one said you where phobic.
Your replys seemed pretty against Tbone, and I cannot see one of them that actualy points possitivness towards him. Also calling us all boneheads isnt going to help :/

Tbone
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2004-12-02 23:34   
OK, this got a little more hostile then I would have liked. Let me just say that I understand where Az is coming from. Simply put, this is not the place you would expect something like this to be said, being a video game and all, even an online one. But, as I have told a few people who have asked (and I felt deserved an answer), there are other reasons besides what I said in my first post as to why I posted this here.

Email Tbone
James Bum007
Grand Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2004-12-03 00:55   
Well nothing changes here, nada, zilch, zero. get it?

Email James Bum007
Beast
Cadet
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2004-12-03 01:44   
Hmm nothing against you Tbone what you do in your private life is your business not mine I dont want to know I dont care to know about somthing that personal. Be it as it may.

But the topic itself should never reach the forums period. I dont find Tbone offensive but the topic itself offensive. You people I mean everyone needs to realize we got very young people here in DS. There parents rely partly on the staff to make shure this game comunity stays within the bounds of EVERYONE being able to have a good gaming experiance. While some people have been part of this community for a long time. They must remember. This is a place for gaming not personal share and tell about anyone's sexual life.It took great courage for Tbone to do what he did and I respect Tbone for that. But as I said before this is hardly the place for it.

The language and moderating of this place by both Admins and moderaters has hit a all time low in my opion. We might as well be on Battle Net.

Nothing changed tbone your still the bone head Ive always known.

Email Beast
James Bum007
Grand Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2004-12-03 09:09   
Quote:

On 2004-12-03 01:44, Beast wrote:

But the topic itself should never reach the forums period. I dont find Tbone offensive but the topic itself offensive. You people I mean everyone needs to realize we got very young people here in DS. There parents rely partly on the staff to make shure this game comunity stays within the bounds of EVERYONE being able to have a good gaming experiance. While some people have been part of this community for a long time. They must remember. This is a place for gaming not personal share and tell about anyone's sexual life.It took great courage for Tbone to do what he did and I respect Tbone for that. But as I said before this is hardly the place for it.

The language and moderating of this place by both Admins and moderaters has hit a all time low in my opion. We might as well be on Battle Net.

Nothing changed tbone your still the bone head Ive always known.

Well Beast all I have to say to you is that us Moderators are doing a good job at keeping this community within the realm of reality, expressions and regulations of the ROC, sorry you feel it has hit an all time low.

We are NOT discussing the topic "which will be a violation of the ROC" all we are doing is supporting a fellow player/friend/community member in his time of need or whichever it may be. Jeez

Email James Bum007
Demorian
Fleet Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2004-12-03 11:49   
For the record, I apologize to Az! if he was trying to be thoughtful toward Tbone in his reply. I should add that, all his replies considered, it certainly did not seem so, but I must admit the possibility of a misinterpretation regardless of likelihood.

As implied by the MoTD that Az! quoted, actual flames or hateful statements, if they pop up in this thread, will not be tolerated in the least. The thread, unfortunately, will have to be locked and the flames would be removed. We assure you of that much, but sincerely hope that such action is not necessary.

To that end, we ask that everyone please respect Tbone's wishes for a peaceful thread and respect someone, such as Az or Beast, who simply disagrees with Tbone's choice to reveal this information here. We ask that you understand the nature of their commentary before becoming unnecessarily hostile. We all know Tbone as someone mature enough to prepare himself for such feelings, and so there is no need to get bent out of shape over such simple, civil disagreements.

As Az! implied: Sentimental disagreement is not equivocable to intolerance.

-Dem

[ This Message was edited by: Demorian on 2004-12-03 11:58 ]

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
Page created in 0.036895 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR