No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +2.8 Days

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Development Updates » » Developer Update 12/01/2004...
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
 Author Developer Update 12/01/2004...
mousey
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2004-12-02 20:15   
damnit y did i sell me Xbox ... oh yeah 2 buy a computer

Fornax
Marshal
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2004-12-02 21:14   
Awww, guess I've gotta consider buying an XBox then.

Xilaratu
Cadet

Posted: 2004-12-02 21:16   
YAY!

Axalon
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2004-12-02 21:54   
1. I'd like to call you all hypocrites for utterly burning my idea in the lobby for an XBOX port for DS and now utterly loving the idea because Faustus said it. I personally despise brownnosing/sucking up/kissing ass. It doesn't help big F to be Yes-persons. Feel free to shoot his ideas down like a flock of geese in-season.

2. Did I call it, or what?

Now, anyway, I'm wondering how you are going to fit all the controls onto a small little controller. What, press A for beams, press B for torpedoes? I suppose you can pull a Steel Batallion and make a completely new controller set, but that'd be a major hassle (albeit it'd look cool).

And another question, any possibility of getting the DSXBOX live servers and DSPC servers interlinked, or at least communication between them? It'd be nice to be able to talk to both fronts. Not sure if that's possible though.

All this is, assuming you'd ACTUALLY port DS to the XBOX. It'd be more amusing for a GCN release, but since its online capability has never been used...

Edit: Antdizzle, funny how you had a change of opinion.

21:45:59 [=NAR=]Antdizzle: "Well, Xbox is easier to developer for, but he won't be able to have DS on Xbox."

Bleh!

-Axalon, Anti-suckup League CEO

PS: OOOHH!!! IDEA! GBA! Make an uber-crappy port to GBA so you can play DS on the go. Well, to be more modern, do it for the DS. Thet'd be fun. 64-bit graphic DarkSpace...

GBADS is great if you want it to die. I mean, they ported 007: NIGHTFIRE to the GBA for god's sake.

GBA DS:

[ This Message was edited by: Axalon{Absolut-DSA} on 2004-12-02 22:09 ]

Email Axalon
Antdizzle

Posted: 2004-12-02 23:24   
It is easy to develop for. But I know for sure that Darkspace will not be on the Xbox. And how dare you quote one of my typos?

c0ld
Midshipman

Posted: 2004-12-03 00:26   
Quote:

On 2004-12-02 23:24, Antdizzle wrote:
It is easy to develop for. ...

FROM WUT IVE R3AD DEVELOPNG FOR ANY CONSOLE IS HARD11!1 LOL WHILST DA OD FPS DROP CAN B 2LERAETD ON PC ITS UNHEARD OF ON A CONSOLA!!1!!!!! OMG WTF LOL U HAEV 2 MICROMANAEG DA MEMORY ON TH3M (VIEDO AND MANE) AND U CANT R3LEAES WIT ANY BUGS AS U CANT UPDAET AFTARWARDS1111!! OMG WTF LOL ITS A NIGHTMAER
STIL!1111 WTF LOL IT WUD RAACH OUT 2 A NU AUDEINCE AND WIT A FEW TWEKS HERA AND THEYRE DS WUD B SWET!!!11 AND ANY IMPROV3MENTS MAED DURNG DA PORT WUD ULTIMAETLY BNEFIT TEH PC VERSION 211!1111! OMG

[ This Message was edited by: c0ldfury on 2004-12-10 02:59 ]

Antdizzle

Posted: 2004-12-03 00:49   
I meant to say easier than the PS2. That was a bad quote by Axalon.

Meko
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2004-12-03 02:34   
Quote:
I've put in an application to join the XBOX developer program..... feel free to come to your own conclusion

i thought a while back that DS on xbox would absolutly rock.

i mean, pc users can type it out and xbox users can just say it with xbox live.

Also i didnt read the whole thread, but lets keep this on the subject eh?

Email Meko
Shigernafy
Admiral

Posted: 2004-12-03 12:56   
I'm with Axalon regarding the "Yes-men" syndrome.

Email Shigernafy
Tbone
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2004-12-03 12:58   
I'm still pondering how DS on Xbox would work... Just combat?

Email Tbone
Smith
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2004-12-03 15:23   
he said it in the meeting lastnight . the reason for xbox is cause it'd be easier to port because of its pc likeness. big F said i believe it could be ported in one month.

Grimith
Grand Admiral
Templar Knights

Posted: 2004-12-03 15:37   
Would have to have new interfaces, too, wouldn't ya? After all, the mouse isn't necessarily available for the XBox (if one exists, I'll laugh. Hard.). Get to do a lot of selecting there, and shortcut keys wouldn't be so readily available by using the X-Box controller (though allowing players to remap the keys themselves would obviously improve this). And, besides the combat point that TBone made, how would the rest of the game work? You're talking about converting a game that operates a system with input from a mouse and a keyboard (though I suppose it'd be possible to play with just the keyboard... it'd be extremely difficult, especially if you're trying to select stuff quickly)... and said keyboard tends to have a lot of functioning keys.

So, yeah... I'll stick with my old statement. This game would be interesting on the X-Box. However, I would believe (granted, I'm no professional, so I'm taking a stab here) that it would be a great challenge to get DarkSpace converted to the X-Box... and, even then, the experience might not be as enjoyable (then again, all of the space combat games say otherwise).

If you want to move a game over to the X-Box, though, I would think that maybe it should go to DarkSpace Assault, eh? Don't the plans for that game involve controlling the troops on the planets? If so, it would be more like a...

...huh... oh, boy...

That'd require a whole new realm of study... followed by competition with other shooting games (though I'd assume that DSA would involve more strategy! ).

Anyway, that's my view of it.

Goto the website of Grimith
Midnight *FA*
Fleet Admiral
Terra Squadron

From: ICS. Idot (ICC Station) somewhere in the middle of nowhere
Posted: 2004-12-22 23:06   
Hmm .. So does this mean Darkspace might get a Single player type campain........ That would be fun!!!.. would require quite a few additions though... Stations for one.. insert blah blah here.. a Z axis of movement for vessles would rock! *nudge nudge* maybe charactor creation and lounges at stations.. purchase your weapons and such in a Service depot/bay where they are fitted to your ship.. Oh who am i kidding.. Its going to be MMO only isnt it ? Will they get to play with us on the same server? ^_^ I love pwning console peeps.. back in the Red Faction days those PS2 players never stood a chance ! ^_^

taking out the Charactor creation though..and even the stations for now.. just the addition of a Z axis for ships would be enough to warrent me coming back.. This is the ONLY Space combat type game that has ever interested me since FreeSpace 1&2, oh well and Inependance War 1&2 the rest have been for the birds.. Wing comander blew in its under developed visuals of ships size and appearance at any distance while approching flopped the game majorly.. The ships turning was just to quick with nothing to help you judge visualy that your accualy turning besides stars (no floating partical effects). navigation was a tricky business to learn *not impossable but i never liked the system. And the Capital ships were always a JOKE. Sorry had to rag on one long and dull series of a space game gone wrong.

Oh anyway.. Elighten us as to some of your ideas your going to poor into the Xbox Version... *blinks* ouf of curiosity Xbox titles on Xbox live , can or cant?, be updated as far as gamebugs/updates goes ?.. *im a comp. gamer, though ive played on all the consoles i dont own any and never really had a need to Read up on Xbox Live, so forgive meh noobish non understanding in that area...please..?

twitch
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2004-12-23 04:06   
Quote:

On 2004-12-03 15:37, Grimith J. Reaper wrote:
Would have to have new interfaces, too, wouldn't ya? After all, the mouse isn't necessarily available for the XBox (if one exists, I'll laugh. Hard.).

well... you can plug a usb mouse into it i suppose, a usb keyboard too for that matter

those game controller ports are after all just usb ports, how else you gonna install linux on it

Antdizzle

Posted: 2004-12-23 05:46   
Darkspace won't be on the Xbox.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
Page created in 0.031666 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR