No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
04/20/24 +12.5 Hours

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Fan Fiction » » The Forgotten Fleet (Now including Book II)
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 Next Page )
 Author The Forgotten Fleet (Now including Book II)
Axianda The Royal
Fleet Admiral
Terra Squadron

Posted: 2004-12-16 11:34   
Oy where's my IT AD ?!?!?!

still very good read but you just HAD to include The Grinch into my name eh?

cant wait for the next chapter

- Axi

Fatal Rocko Willis
Fleet Admiral
Fatal Squadron

Posted: 2004-12-16 13:17   
Well hello all Captains and avid readers...

I am sorry it has taken awhile to write Chapter Nine. I have been on R & R in Bahrain so I have been sucking up the suds by the pool... But soon it is back to the grind that is Iragi Freedom...

To the cast of "The Forgotten Fleet"...

Coeus... for giving my a role in your "Twilight" story I proudly give you the CHarger... I promise not to abuse it too much.

Chris Fall... You now have the ICCS Mercy... and don't worry if it is just a "Supply Ship"... I have plans for you...

Axianda... these Captains must walk before they can run with AD's ... besides you are the only Captain I gave a "Callsign" to.

And to those faithful readers out there, keep reading... you never know when you may be part of the action...! I now present you, the general public, Chapter Nine...

"And the people rejoiced... YaY" ~ Monty Python's 'The Search for the Holy Grail'

Now showing, Chapter Nine... or "That's not supposed to be here!"

Email Fatal Rocko Willis
Fatal Rocko Willis
Fleet Admiral
Fatal Squadron

Posted: 2004-12-16 13:32   
*****Chapter Nine*****

The Docking Bay of the Moon Base was a buzz of activity as the ships prepared to get underway for the first time as a fleet. “Admiral Willis to all Fleet Units… Prepare to move out… Those ships with clearance depart the Docking Bay and form up outside.” Slowly the ships moved out of the Base and took up holding stations outside the base. “Admiral we are ready to get underway… The Fleet has assembled outside and is awaiting further orders.” “Very well… Lets get this show on the road shall we? Helm, take us out and join on the Fleet.” As his ship slipped from its berthing in the Docking Bay, Rocko knew this mission would be its trial by fire. He just hoped it didn’t all go down in a ball of fire. God help the Republic if he screwed the pooch on this mission.

As the fleet formed up Rocko was so impressed with what he saw. All this had been made possible by a handful of dedicated individuals in the grand scheme of things. Now it was time to get the job done. “All Ships… Tactical Formation if you please…” The ships moved into position with the Sensor Frigates surrounding the fleet… “Captain Axianda, would you like the honor of making the first jump?” “I would be honored Sir… Engineering… Spin up the Navigation Computer and input the Wormhole coordinates… Engineering… Engage Wormhole Device…” and with that, the first Wormhole to be used in this little adventure had been made. “All Hands, move the fleet through the wormhole and stand by for action!” Slowly the fleet moved through the Event Horizon and then, one by one, they where gone with the blink of an eye.

“General Quarters, All Hands man your Action Stations!” The word had been passed, and like their fathers and their fathers before them they were once more taking the battle to the enemy. “Ok folks lets be on the watch… ECM up to full… lets set EMCON… Shut down all outward Electronics… Shields Down… Set all communications to short range tactical laser comms and keep an eye out for everything. We do not want our party being crashed right off the bat…” Rocko knew they could do the mission… as his men rushed to their stations and set into motions the actions he had requested, there was a purpose to their actions… the saving of the Republic.

“Captain Ceridan would you please lead us out…. You set the pace for the approach… tell us what you see…” “Yes Sir… Preliminary reports show the planets as was briefed sir… there is some Electronic Emissions coming from the vicinity of 3rd planet… also as planned, but we are not seeing the Enemy Ships as was pla… wait…. Yes we have activity… I have solid Electronic Emissions on 3 Combat Destroyers, 2 Battle Cruisers, an Engineer and a Large Supply ship… but no EAD or other ships…” Everyone watched their displays… hoping that was all the ships there where. “Very Well… keep an eye out… there is something we are not seeing…” “Darkstar to Admiral Willis, I think I have found our straggler and you are not going to like it… its coming around from the darkside of the planet.” And with that everyone saw what was coming out of the blackness like a whale from the deep.

“Where in Neptune’s name did that come from!” Rocko knew he had his hands full as the UGTO Support Station came slowly around the planet. Obviously they wanted this system badly. “Tactical… Do they know we are here?” “Most likely not sir… unless they detected us coming through the Wormhole… if we made it through that without detection then we are ok. We are currently running in ‘Stealth Mode’… All ECM running at full power… there is no way they could see us now unless they close to visual range.” “Very well… lets continue our run into the target area… The Station will be our first target… She has to come down or we will not be able to get the planet…” Rocko knew they had to destroy the Station… it had a Wormhole device that could out jump his ships and if it escaped then the whole mission was blown.

Aboard the UGTO Support Station, Fleet Admiral Clint sat pondering… he was interrupted by a Sensor Operator to his left… “Admiral… I have a large sensor contact approximately 5,000 Gu away from us out on the fringe of the system… it’s a….” “Well what is it… Speak up man don’t be shy…” “Well umm… it’s gone sir…” “Gone? What was it?” “Sensor reading showed the presence of 12 ships… they where coming out of a wormhole sir.” “And is there any wormhole within the system?” “No sir… and there seems to be no sign of the ships…” “Then I think either you where seeing things or your system is out of whack. I think you should recheck your systems…” “Aye Sir… but what if…”

“What if what? What if there really is an enemy fleet out there? I doubt the ICC has anything they can muster up to come way out here that we couldn’t kill off and while we have our Cease Fire Treaty with the K’luth I doubt it even more they would come all over here just to see what we are doing. But just the same… send out the Destroyers to see about it… if nothing more it will give the Destroyer Captains something to do other than sit around and get fat.”

The Destroyers slipped their orbits and moved out in the direction of the ‘Phantom’ Contacts. They took up a loose formation to cover as much distance as they could. “Admiral… it seems we have three contacts moving towards us at half sub-light… classify as three probable Combat Destroyers…they are actively looking for us…” “Load all weapons, but lets save the new PCM’s for that Station. All ships that can fire from range will do so, but on my command. If they close jump us, its everyone for themselves. Pass the word…” As this was happening the Destroyers were just entering the area where the contacts had been reported… “Sensor Operator, Report…” “Nothing sir… not a damn thing out here… just like you told the Admiral” “Well lets wait a bit then head back home shall we?” “Admiral Willis, the Destroyers have stopped and seem to be moving off…” “Good… Stand By to Fire… Steady…FIRE!” And with that order a new front to this war had been opened.

“Sir…” “What is it now…” “Sir, I have intermittent contacts closing our positions… they are coming from dead astern! VAMPIRE! VAMPIRE! We have incoming missiles!” “Bring us around, unmask all weapons, Release All Batteries!” but it was too late… the PCM’s had been timed to hit the lead Destroyer at the same time… the first wave of missiles had hit the lead Destroyer perfectly amidships and ripped through her armor and into her hull like a gutted fish, rolling her over on her back and out of the game as bulkhead after bulkhead collapsed to the coldness of space. The other two destroyers hesitated just one too many moments as the second wave of missiles punched the second Destroyer squarely in the nose like a massive fist. The second just stopped to function as the third turned to run to the safety of the planet from which it came from. “Get that third Destroyer! If he gets away we are all in big trouble!”

“SIR! We are receiving a garbled message from one of the Destroyers saying they have been attacked by an unknown force… two Destroyers have been neutralized and the third is returning to the planet.” “They WHAT? How is that possible? Confirm that report!” “Sir, the third Destroyer is reporting cont… Sir! We have lost contact with the third Destroyer!” “All Hands… Stand By for Action! We have an unknown enemy force approaching.” With that the two Cruisers took up flanking positions with the Station in the middle. The Engineer and Supply ship were in close proximity of the Station since they where not the type to do combat unless the Captain was a brave man.

“Well that went well… I think…” “All ships reporting in… No damage sir, all ships being supplied by the Supply Ships…” “Very well, we were lucky we caught those three napping… it will not be that easy with the Station… Load the new PCM’s…” All through out the fleet the new and untested PCM’s dubbed the “Harpoon” were loaded… “All ships proceed on course to the planet… keep the jamming up. We cannot let them see us or we are going to be in for a hard fight…”

“Admiral Clint, we are unable to locate or target the enemy…” “They must be using Anti-Sensor ships… Full power to all Sensors! If we do not see them before they see us we are in trouble… Engineering warm up the Wormhole Device incase we need it… Tell the fleet if they see any ship to jump on it!” “Sir… the Cruiser Bulldog is requesting to move out to investigate a possible contact…” “Tell them they better find something out there for me to fire on.” As the Cruiser Bulldog moved out the Cruiser Hellfire moved out to the right as a flanker… just incase it found something interesting… “Admiral… this is Captain Mari aboard the Bulldog… I believe we have a contact on a ICC Sensor Frigate… it is unconfirmed but we are moving to Engage…” “Very well Captain, time your jump with the Hellfire and crush that little Frigate and whomever is with it into space dust! Let them know not to mess with the UGTO!” “Aye Sir, we are preparing to jump as we speak… Helm… lets make the jump!”

“ADMIRAL! A Combat Cruiser is approaching the rear of the fleet! They are engaging the Nighthawk!” “All Ships! Engage Shields! Attack the Cruisers! Fire At Will!” The ships turned to attack and the first to draw blood was the Supply Ships… “Admiral, this is Captain Fall, I am taking the Supply Ships to save the Nighthawk…” “Watch yourself and don’t do anything crazy, I am sending the Charger to back you up…” “Roger Sir…” and with that the Supply Ships short jumped to within Psi Missile range to attack.

Four Psi Missiles were launched to distract the Cruiser… with three of the four missiles finding their mark. The forth missile died due to point defense systems. That got the attention of the Cruiser and the Supply Ships saw it. They fired one more volley of missiles and raked the cruiser with four CL500 beams from fore to aft before they moved to save the crippled Frigate that was running as fast it could to get out of the combat area before it got blinked out of existence… but that was a short lived thought as the second Cruiser jumped into they fray and literally stopped right in front of the wounded Frigate.

The Frigate attempted to maneuver but it was low on power… it shot its weapons once for that was all it had power for but at this range all the weapons hit. Armor flaked off the nose and sides of its attacker but did not penetrate into the Cruiser and with that the little ship knew it was done for. “All Hands Abandon Ship! Computer set Self-Destruct Sequence at T-Minus 5 Seconds… Stand by for my Call… Sorry Admiral… I didn’t see them coming… But I will have my last stab at them!” Rocko wanted to tell Captain Rixen not to do it but he knew there was little choice… the Frigate could not have been saved even with the valiant efforts of the Supply Ships.

The Frigate was on a direct collision course with the Cruiser but its Captain didn’t realize it till it was too late. The Cruiser started a turn but as the Frigate got close, the impact came… It was an incredible hit and at those speeds and pressures it is incredible how pliable metals can be… It looked as if someone had just crammed two ships into one place in space and made a new ship. Debris was everywhere… “Computer, Engage Sequence…” ‘And I stab at thee with my last breath’ was the Captains last conscious words as the Frigates Anti-Matter Core went supercritical.

“The Nighthawk has been destroyed Sir…” Rocko knew this would happen but thought it might have been face to face, not some attack from the rear. “Sir the Charger is engaging the second Cruiser…!” Captain Darksoul had short jumped his ship in order to get a rear quarter flanking shot. He could see the little supply ships firing missiles and CL500’s at the Cruiser and the Cruiser returning fire at them… The Voltaire was trailing gas… most likely she was venting atmosphere from a damaged hull. “Weapons! Target the Cruisers engines!” “Aye, Sir!” And in a blink of an eye the Charger fired all its forward weapons. Beams raked the rear of the Cruiser, stripping it of its armor right before the Fusion Torpedoes arrived. The simultaneous impact of all the torpedoes had its desired effect, destroying the sub-light engines and knocking the Jump Drives off line… Now the Hunter had become the Hunted… The Charger continued to pummel the Cruiser as the two Supply ships came around to help with the kill by firing their Psi Missiles and Beams. Within moments the Cruiser was dead, a shadow of its former self.

“Admiral, we have lost contact with both Cruisers!” “What? How could that be?” How in gods name am I going to explain the loss of 2 Cruisers and 3 Destroyers to an unknown enemy to the UGTO Command Staff?” “Sir! Incoming missiles, profiles show them to be PCM’s” “All Beam Weapons set to Point Defense! Initiate the Wormhole Device… it is time to get out of here!” And with that the Wormhole was created back to the UGTO controlled territories.”

“Admiral, the Station has activated his Wormhole and is heading towards it… the other ships are moving towards the Event Horizon.” “Re-Target the Supply Ship and Engineering Ship with the new PCM’s…” This was another advantage of the new PCM’s… you could change their target in mid-flight if needed, just as long as their Terminal Guidance Package had not taken over. Once the TGP had taken over it had one thing on its beady little mind… Kill Its Target. “Sir the missiles have accepted the target change and are expected to hit the new targets prior to the Event Horizon…” This would be the first use of the new missiles and Admiral Willis was hoping he would not be let down. Ten regular PCM’s targeted against two small ships was bad enough but these new PCM's where worse.

The first missile to arrive was hit by the Flux Canon from the Supply Ship and the detonation was nothing less than spectacular. The crimson red shockwave that came from the detonation flowed out and tickled the armor of the Supply Ship and that alone told you they were in trouble… considering there would be some to get through. Six of the ten missiles made it through and was enough to severely cripple both ships. They were not going anywhere as lights flickered throughout their hulls. The lead Sensor Frigate, the Midnight, commanded by Captain Ceridan, fired into both of the crippled hulks to exact some revenge for his fallen comrades on the Nighthawk. Both ships succumbed to the fire and winked out of existence. The only thing that was left was the Station, and as slow as it was had nearly made it to the Event Horizon.

“Admiral it looks like the Station is getting away!” “Not if we can help it. All ships unmask and fire at will… All Weapons Batteries Released!” The ships of the fleet moved at max speed to engage the Station… Missiles, Torpedoes, and Lasers were fired trying to stop the behemoth from getting away, for the Station was truely being pummeled as it tried to repair itself. “It looks as if the Station is going to get away sir…” We cannot let it get away!” On the Station Admiral Clint looked nervous… “Admiral we are preparing to enter the Event Horizon…” “Very Good… We must report this to the Command Staff… they will want to know…” And with that there was a flash at the Event Horizon. “… Damn … The Support Station got away…” “No sir! It didn’t… LOOK!” and as Admiral Willis looked out the veiwscreen he saw a sight he had never seen before… The Station was literally cut in half from top to bottom.

“What in Heavens name happened?” “Sir… It appears the Station was not completely into the Wormhole…” his Science Officer said… “It appears the Station was cut in half when the Event Horizon collapsed… I have heard this could happen but I have never heard of it happening in real life.” “Well I guess you learn something new every day. Ok folks… lets commence rescue operations… I want all personnel retrieved, and that includes the UGTO ones… I think Fleet Admiral Backslash’s Intelligence people would like to have a talk with them… I also want the Marines and a Technical working party to board the remnants of that Station. See if we can retrieve the Wormhole device and all the scrap junk we can get onboard the ships… I have a plan…” And with that the first combat action of the “Forgotten Fleet” had been done…

Rocko sat in his new Stateroom, it was much bigger than his last one, and pondered the results… One Sensor Frigate lost, One severely damaged Supply Ship, but that was being repaired as we speak, and a lot of ammo expended… but the enemy body count had been high… 3 Combat Destroyers, 2 Battle Cruisers, a Large Supply Ship and a Engineer Ship… plus one Station that almost got away but was in the wrong place at the wrong time… This was truly a lopsided win… but a win was a win… wasn’t it? We shall see, Rocko thought, for next time we might not be so lucky… “Sir…” It was Mr. Billings… “Captain Darksoul reports all tasks completed and the Fleet is ready to make its way to Tau Ceti to meet up with Fleet Admiral Backslash at his Headquarters…” “Very Well, have Captain Darksoul lead the Fleet out to Tau Ceti… I really need to rest… I feel we are not going to have the ability to get some soon.” “Aye Sir… I will relay the message… Good Night Admiral.”

[ This Message was edited by: Fatal Rocko Willis *CAPT* on 2004-12-16 14:01 ]

Email Fatal Rocko Willis
Coeus {NCX-Charger}
Admiral, I can't read,
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2004-12-16 15:12   
Hehe, CAPTAIN darksoul I love it!

I need more time to write Damn holidays!

Darkspace: Twilight

Goto the website of Coeus {NCX-Charger}
Fatal Rocko Willis
Fleet Admiral
Fatal Squadron

Posted: 2004-12-16 15:56   
HEHEHE... I can't have you outranking the guy running the show can I Coeus? Anyways hope you are enjoying the show so to speak... I am in the works for Chapter 10 though not sure how soon I will be able to get it up and running...

At least you got the Charger back...

Rocko

Email Fatal Rocko Willis
Axianda The Royal
Fleet Admiral
Terra Squadron

Posted: 2004-12-16 16:17   
Oy im a bloody FA *and a mod know who to suck up to besides Tael and Faustus *

That was one great chapter.... LOL nice find on the station I could see it now in the MV
split shrooms

- Axi

Coeus {NCX-Charger}
Admiral, I can't read,
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2004-12-16 16:22   
I'm so immensely happy with her too

Don't think I ever went into how I got command of the Charger - I think a forced command that I resented at first would be a fine way

Great job bro!

WF_Legend
Cadet

Posted: 2004-12-16 17:29   
Nice very nice,you do good work.

Fatal Rocko Willis
Fleet Admiral
Fatal Squadron

Posted: 2004-12-16 18:04   
Ahhh ... Another satisfied customer.... I am happy to bring this to you all. I enjoy writing and to have people appreciate it makes me feel good. I just finished writing Chapter Ten and should be uploading it shortly. I hope I can continue to bring you the goodness that has become "The Forgotten Fleet". It is a labour of love, and I love to write it.

I give credit to Coeus, who included me in his story "Twilight", and all the DarkSpace players I grew to know over the time I have been here. They have inspired me to write this Fan Fiction.

May your ships never run out of energy and may your Wormholes never fail.

Now on with the show... Chapter Ten... or "Into the Darkness we shall go."

Enjoy...

Rocko

Email Fatal Rocko Willis
Fatal Rocko Willis
Fleet Admiral
Fatal Squadron

Posted: 2004-12-16 18:08   
*****Chapter Ten*****

As the Fleet approached Farstay in the Tau Ceti System, Rocko was having a conversation with Fleet Admiral Backslash. “Well Admiral… I am glad to see you are still alive… how did your first mission go?” “Well Backslash… We got off easy… We did loose the Sensor Frigate Nighthawk. Her commander, Captain Rixen, evacuated his crew before he rammed the Battle Cruiser Bulldog and Self-Destructed his ship… he took the Bulldog with him… Captains Darksoul, Fall and Walsh managed to pop the Battle Cruiser Hellfire… We also dropped three Destroyers with some volleys of PCM and Beam fire. We managed to recover two-thirds of the crew from the Nighthawk along with numerous UGTO crewmembers from the various ships we encountered. I would like to also report the new PCM-9’s are a rather vicious weapon. Even when a warhead is destroyed by Point Defense the detonation still has about a 50% chance of encompassing the target.”

“That truly is impressive Rocko. I am sorry for the loss of the Nighthawk… I knew Captain Rixen. He was a brave man. I would like to have my Intelligence boys talk to your prisoners as soon as you arrive at Farstay… I have your new orders here and I need to talk to you about them in person.” “I will be there as soon as I can…” “Very Good… It is good to see you alive old friend… lets continue to make this a habit shall we?” “I agree Backslash… it is a very good habit to have… Admiral Willis out!” Rocko got up and left his Stateroom to go to the Bridge. On the Bridge he looked at the veiwscreen to see the Planet Farstay growing large. “Helm… Set standard orbit for Farstay, Communications… Have the rest of the Fleet do the same… and instruct the Captains to give the off duty personnel some well needed shore leave. They certainly deserved it that’s for sure.” “Very well Admiral.”

“Welcome to my humble abode Rocko.” Rocko was led into a Stateroom/Office that looked as big as the cargo bay on the Mercy… he looked at Backslash… ‘Humble Abode’ my arse… it was a Mansion! “Well I see even being out here has its benefits…” “Yes it does… but I didn’t call you down here to swap decorating tips. That little job you just pulled has got the UGTO Command Staff wondering what the hell went on… They are running around looking for an invasion Fleet that isn’t there… and since their Scout Ships are probably telling them all the ships out here on the Frontier haven’t moved, they don’t know what happened. I know for a fact there are no snoopers around right now so we should get right to it.”

“Well tell me… what does the Admiralty have in mind for my next adventure… I can probably guess where they are going to send us…” “And you would probably guess right… You are going to make a strike into K’Luth held territory. Your ultimate destination is on this disk… It has waypoints and a stop over at a remote ICC base… for any last minute repairs or refits…” “I will not let you down… I know this team can do the job.” “Lets hope so, for the sake of the Republic… I personally know you can do the job lets just show the Senate and the Admiralty you can do it.” “Well I had best be going… I have a lot to do and little time to do it in.” “Good Luck and Godspeed to you Admiral…”

In the hallowed hallways which where the Central Staff Offices of the UGTO Command Staff, a group of Admirals, with Grand Admiral Ruff at the head, where contemplating a situation. “How did we loose a whole Expeditionary Fleet? A Support Station, two Battle Cruisers, three Combat Destroyers, a Large Supply Ship and an Engineering Ship… How I ask…” Grand Admiral Ruff was beside himself… “Well Sir, at first we thought it was an ICC Fleet that had done this dastardly deed but we checked into the locations of all known ICC ships that could have been remotely close enough to take down the Fleet in question. They were all at their respective bases during the time of the attack. There was debris at the sight of what we believe is the remains of an ICC Sensor Frigate but as you know they have been sending Sensor Patrols out that way on a regular basis and each time we have destroyed them.”

Grand Admiral Ruff sat thinking… “What could have happened? I heard there was ‘Half’ a Station out there… HALF! What, or should I say who, has the power to do that?” Ruff looked at the Senior Science Advisor to the Command Staff as if he was expecting an answer right then… “Sir I can honestly say the UGTO doesn’t have anything that could do that… I also highly believe it impossible the ICC has the power to do something like this, based on current Intelligence Estimates.” “I concur Sir… We have no sign of anything that could split a Station in two in the ICC…” it was his Senior Intelligence Officer speaking at the moment… an older fellow to be sure but none the less trustworthy. “So if I understand this correctly neither ourselves or the ICC could have done this… then who? Not some ragtag bunch of rebellious outworlders or, I hate to think it, the K’Luth?” “I hate to be the one to say it sir, but we haven’t a clue” Grand Admiral Ruff had but one thing to say to that… “Then you better damn well get a clue, and fast.”

Grand Admiral Ruff got up and walked out of the Meeting Chamber… He had to pass the information he had gathered, even though it was damn well thin, to the CEO’s of the Corporations running the UGTO. He knew they were not going to like the information he had found out anymore than he did. He still pondered the questions of the day as he walked into his personal office. He sat down at his desk, which was made out of finely burnished Mahogany. He sat down and opened a connection to the Central Chamber of the Chief Executive Officers of the UGTO. This was the seat of power of the UGTO and Ruff knew it… The screen blossomed into life and there in front of him sat the current five most Senior CEO’s in the UGTO… These were the movers and shakers currently… “Well Admiral… What have you to report to us, hmm?”

Admiral Ruff was like a duck right now… Calm on the surface, but paddling like mad underneath it. “Sirs… I would like to report the total loss of Expeditionary Fleet Epsilon… It seems an unknown fleet totally destroyed it. We are not currently aware of the location, origin or ownership of this fleet. All known ICC Fleet units were accounted for at the time of the attack.” “Admiral… are you telling us you lost a Fleet to an unknown ‘Ghost Fleet’? You can’t be serious…” “I am… and whatever attacked it had the power to split a Support Station in two…” “Split a Station in two? Now that is a very hard thing to believe indeed… but nonetheless if you say it has happened I believe you it has… Who was in charge of the fleet anyways?” “Fleet Admiral Clint, Sirs…” “Ah yes… the Admiral that loved everything… Pink. Well we hope you find out who did this and exact revenge… that little Fleet cost us dearly in money and supplies… We hope it doesn’t happen again.”

And with that the screen went blank… “Cost them money and supplies… they didn’t even mention the men that were lost…” Even though he was a Grand Admiral with enormous powers he dared not say anything more for fear his room was bugged. Ruff knew he needed to find out what was happening and find out quickly… Could the ICC have mounted a mission like that, or were the K’Luth to blame… It couldn’t have been them… the UGTO and K’Luth currently had a Cease-Fire Treaty in effect, didn’t they? Just then his personal Security Aide came in the room. “Admiral… I have been talking with the Senior Intelligence Officer and he has decided, based on what he knows, that it was not the ICC… He can account for all ICC Sensor Frigates. We do not know where the Frigate came from but it didn’t come from the ICC.” “Then find out where it DID come from, and do it fast!”

Back on Admiral Willis’s flagship, the Admiral was looking at the new plans he had received from his friend Admiral Backslash. With him was his Command Staff… It was all the heads of the departments he had made to run this little Fleet of his. “XO and Command Staff… this is the Mission Response Area… Wolf 359… We are to travel to Tetwep, in the Ross 448 System, where we will resupply and await for the “Go” Code. Once we receive the green light to go we will then proceed to the Wolf 359 System… once there we are to attack the planet Wolf 1. Any and all structures on the planet are fair game… If any K’Luth ships decide to show up and play we are authorized to attack them as long as it doesn’t jeopardize the clandestine nature of the unit…Our mission is to make the K’Luth think the UGTO attacked them. We will do this by releasing the scrap parts of the UGTO Station and ships we destroyed earlier.” He could see they liked the idea… it was a bold plan but if they could pull it off it would seriously undermine the UGTO-K’Luth Peace Treaty. “Get your people rested and your ships prepared, we move out at 4am tomorrow morning.”

His Command Staff took their orders and moved out to do the tasks assigned in the briefing papers. Rocko knew they had been lucky with the first battle… Now they were truly going into the lion’s den. They were going to attack a former UGTO system that was now in the hands of the K’Luth… Their sole purpose was to sow hate and discontent between the two factions. He hoped they could pull it off… and if they happened to kill a few K’Luth during the mission all the better for the ICC. Who was really going to miss a few K’Luth anyways?

[ This Message was edited by: Fatal Rocko Willis *CAPT* on 2004-12-16 18:27 ]

Email Fatal Rocko Willis
Fatal Rocko Willis
Fleet Admiral
Fatal Squadron

Posted: 2004-12-16 20:34   
Well folks I just completed Chapter Eleven...

I fleshed out a back story that I had planned on putting into the Main Storyline but was unable to find a way to put it in... and in a Moutain Dew induced Caffine rush I was able to not only turn the page and set up the intro chapter to the next conflict but also explain a few things and open up a few channels to other storylines... I also have mentioned a couple new enemy characters and if you have noticed the plot is thickning. I will probably take the day off to get ready for my return to the North. I do have some ideas that I will be scribbling about in my notes... but without further babbling by me....

Chapter Eleven... or "Anyone for a Lobster Bake?"

Enjoy,

Rocko

Email Fatal Rocko Willis
Fatal Rocko Willis
Fleet Admiral
Fatal Squadron

Posted: 2004-12-16 20:39   
*****Chapter Eleven*****

“Admiral Willis on the Bridge…” called out the Watch Officer on duty. God he wished they would stop doing that. “Engineering… standby to move out. Navigation Officer, please input the Wormhole and Navigation points to take us to the Ross 448 System via Direct Path. Have all the Navigators from the Jump Cruiser confirm the data and relay the confirmations back to us.” “Yes Sir, right away…” Rocko was about to get back into the fight after two days orbiting Farstay. Admiral Backslash had agreed to loan him the ICCS Yates, one of the Sensor Frigates from his own Tau Ceti Fleet, commanded by Captain Sabena. He wanted his ship back and he planned on giving back.

“Sir… all coordinates distributed, confirmed and locked in… We are ready to get underway on your command.” “Very Well, have Captain Yamazaka lead us out this time… make for her Wormhole as soon as it is created.” “Yes Sir… She is reporting a successful Wormhole… the ships are entering the Event Horizon…” “Well lets follow along shall we…” and hope this Wormhole doesn’t collapse on this little Cruiser and cut it in half he added without saying. One by one they entered the Wormhole without problem and in the blink of an eye they were gone.

“Well Admiral… I didn’t think he could do it but he has hasn’t he.” It was Grand Admiral Bito on the screen talking to Backslash. “You should give him more credit Bito, you know he is your protégé anyways.” “Well he would have been farther along in the Fleet had it not been for that screw up he had concerning his XO’s Father.” “Oh you know that is so much bull as well as I do. He was trying to save his friend and in the end got the shaft when he let some K’luth ships past him… He couldn’t have seen them in his Destroyer if he wanted to… It wasn’t outfitted to detect them and you know it!”

“Don’t you get loud with me Fleet Admiral Backslash… I know what happened… but the other ships Captains turned him into a scapegoat. And have you noticed what ship his XO is piloting?” “Yes I did, it's an older Assault Cruiser… the AC-66 if I remember correctly… what’s so special about that ship anyways?” “I am doubtful you knew about this, hell I didn’t even know about this till I saw his Ships Registries List, but the ship, ICCS Charger… It was his fathers…” “Whose father, Sir?” “Captain Coeus Darksoul’s of course…” The look of surprise was absolutely priceless.

“Admiral we have successfully navigated our Wormholes and we are making way for standard orbit around Tetwep.” “Very Good, I am glad to see we have made it here safe and sound… who is the System Commander here in Ross 448?” His Communications Officer was first to answer… “That would be 1st Rear Admiral Mu La Flaga, Sir, of the EAF Fleet.” “Well it is good to see a smaller Fleet get some of the action… I hope they can retain control of the System…” “I hope so too sir, EAF only has two commander in it.” “Only two? How’s that?” “If I understand right, their Fleet has been severely decimated the last few times it has had contact with the UGTO… they are holding the line but at a cost of ships and personnel… and they have not received any replacements either.” “Well hopefully we can take some of the heat off them.”

The Fleet had arrived and was preparing to orbit Tetwep when 1st Rear Admiral Mu La Flaga came on the veiwscreen. “You are a sight for sore eyes Admiral Willis… I just received a message from the Admiralty you would be showing up… what do I have the pleasure of this visit out here in the boonies?” “I have need of supplies for a mission we are undertaking… it is a small list but these are parts we cannot manufacture ourselves. I am having the list transmitted to you as we speak. I hope you can help us out.” “Well Admiral it seems we have the parts and supplies you need, according to my supply officer. We will send the equipment up as soon as you reach orbit.” “Thank you Admiral Mu La Flaga, those supplies are really needed. I just wish I could stay and tell you more about what we are doing but I have not been authorized to do so. But rest assured, we are going to try to take some of the heat off of you.” “That would be greatly appreciated. Admiral Mu La Flaga, out.”

Rocko was sitting in his Stateroom when his Intelligence Officer came in, Captain Ceridan… “Sir, I have been going over the Intelligence Estimates of the Wolf 359 System. I have some Good news and some Bad news…” Suddenly the hair on the back of Rocko’s neck lifted up… “Ok let me have it… what’s the Good news…” “Well Sir, Only two Fleets claim ownership to the Wolf 359 System…” “That’s the Good news??? What is the Bad news?” Rocko shuddered to think what was the Bad news… “The two fleets in question that control Wolf 359 are, according to K’Luth translations, the Praetorian Wolves commanded by, Fleet Admiral Azreal and the GER, commanded by none other than Grand Admiral Paragon.” “What the… you really know how to make someone’s day don’t you Ceridan.” “Well Sir, I thought you should know what you are getting into before we rush off to crash the parties of two of the most senior fleet commanders.” “I need to talk to Admiral Backslash and Admiral Bito quickly…” “Aye Sir. I hope they can shed some light as to why this System was chosen.”

“Admirals… I was just informed of just who controls the Wolf 359 System… Why was I not informed of this? I need this kind of information to help me define my tactics.” Admiral Willis was very upset… as about as upset as one could get without getting himself canned and flying Extractor Ships every which way. “Admiral Willis it was deemed unnecessary for you to know but since you have found out on your own I shall, at great risk to myself, let you in on why you were left out of the loop…” Grand Admiral Bito was about to spill the cheese so to speak… Well if anyone was going to tell him he would rather it be Bito or Backslash.

“As you may know there is currently a Cease-Fire Treaty in effect between the UGTO and the K’Luth… They are currently holding the status quo over what Systems each hold. Now there were several groups within each Faction that didn’t want the Cease-Fire to take effect and the Praetorian Wolves and the GER are two of those groups.” Rocko could see where Bito was going but didn’t want to believe where it was going. Backslash was next to chime in… “You see Rocko, you are going to stir up the Anti-UGTO sentiments of the Praetorian Wolves and the GER and in the process hopefully getting them to try to convince the K’Luth Hegemony to revoke the Treaty. If nothing more maybe the Wolves and GER will go rogue and attack the neighboring UGTO Systems and take some of the heat of our Western Front. Do you understand where we are going with this plan?”

“Yes Admiral Backslash… I do… I must be going now… Goodbye Admirals…” “Wait … Don’t you hang up….” Admiral Willis had closed the connection on the two Admirals… he hoped he had not just killed his career but really didn’t care if he had at the moment. He had just been ordered to attack a System that had the possibility of having 32 enemy K’Luth ships present at any given time. Rocko knew he had been given a stale sandwich and everyone of his Captains was going to have to take a bite of it.

“The nerve of that man! Hanging up on me, Grand Admiral Bito…” “What do you expect Admiral… You are throwing him to the wolves… literally! He should have been told right from the start.” “Backslash… it wasn’t my idea not to tell him… It was the Senates idea. There are enormous power eddies swirling around in the Senate Building. They tell me what to say and to whom to say it to. I just relay that information.” “Well you really should consider taking a little personal initiative and tell him more information so he can get his job done. He maybe even bring some of his ships home with him from the end of a mission if you do.” Bito knew Backslash was telling the truth. He couldn’t let this man die without knowing what he was getting himself into… Bito promised to get the information Admiral Willis needed to him without disobeying his orders, but how he was going to do that was another deal.

Email Fatal Rocko Willis
Coeus {NCX-Charger}
Admiral, I can't read,
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2004-12-17 13:26   
DADDY NOOOOOOOO! That is great bro! I find myself itching for more... now I know how everyone else felt

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2004-12-17 13:34   
Bito and me own dont we? I mean....its just like in the game...

Anyway, great story! Loving every single bit of it , althought I have to admit, I laughed when I saw that I commanded over people.

11 outa 10

chrisfall
Cadet

Posted: 2004-12-17 14:55   
great man keep it coming and i should earn a badge for the most couragous move of the year i almost saved a frigate and killed a cruiser
sweet

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 Next Page )
Page created in 0.029173 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR