- Weekly DarkSpace
04/20/24 +1.7 Days

Search

Anniversaries

20th - Bizaro
15th - *Flash*
9th - Uziel Lt. Seraph

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Give us our bombs back and no one will get hurt
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
 Author Give us our bombs back and no one will get hurt
$milingJ35te|2™{=21st=}[R33HG]
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2004-12-17 10:23   
Ok, no the issue with NIM has brought up many points in the lobby.
1) why cant we stack bomb anymore? if the purpose was teamwork, then why cant we? for a kluth bomber group u need 1 gang and 2 clavs. now already that is far more teamwork then is going on anywhere in the MV, 2 if its a lag issue then get rid of the UGTO fighters that we are gunna be bombing cus they are causing worse lag then the damn bombers and it ust make sense.
2) As a collective we have discussed why COB and COD should either be legit or illegit. We understand that theres a difference between the 2 COD is fair cus the inf can defend themselves against other INF, but would be decimated against the bombs with the faulty timers. fine we understand that and we can see how it can be an exploit. truth be told if u build that Planet Def a lil better and the planet structures a bit with more thought then im sure it will be just as difficult to COB as COD is a level 3 def base will nuke infs its a good thing bombs get by.
3) So really? are we gunna make COD an exploit? cus it does get around the DEF bases, and the planet cannot defend itself from our pods so i think it should be a exploit. in which case so is the bombing.

Solution= gives us our bombs back, we will use them for stack
bombing a perfetly legitimate strategy that requires teamwork

Please sign below if u want stack bombing reintegrated into DS again as wel as sign below to whether u think COB and COD should be exploiting

BOMBS=yes to bringing them back / no to leaving it how it is
COB=yes or no
COD= yes or no

its time for some feedback guys

[ This Message was edited by: R3vEReND{=21st=} on 2004-12-17 10:44 ]

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2004-12-17 11:26   
This is Staff Feedback, I dont know if I should really be replying, but an Admin is welcome to delete this (as you normal are ) if im out of order or giving wrong information.

Quote:

On 2004-12-17 10:23, R3vEReND{=21st=} wrote:
Ok, no the issue with NIM has brought up many points in the lobby.
1) why cant we stack bomb anymore? if the purpose was teamwork, then why cant we? for a kluth bomber group u need 1 gang and 2 clavs. now already that is far more teamwork then is going on anywhere in the MV, 2 if its a lag issue then get rid of the UGTO fighters that we are gunna be bombing cus they are causing worse lag then the damn bombers and it ust make sense.

Faustus implemented a bit of code so that if you remove the device the bombs will explode (this applies for any weapon that can fire an item eg. torps etc). So you cannot bomb stack. The reason for this is to cut down on CPU usage and LAG in the MV so less objects are in game. As far as stacking bombs, you can still stack the default amount of how many you hold in the bomb slots (5). UGTO fighters have also taken a hit, the slots have been nerfed from 10-5 to combat with lag.

Quote:

2) As a collective we have discussed why COB and COD should either be legit or illegit. We understand that theres a difference between the 2 COD is fair cus the inf can defend themselves against other INF, but would be decimated against the bombs with the faulty timers. fine we understand that and we can see how it can be an exploit. truth be told if u build that Planet Def a lil better and the planet structures a bit with more thought then im sure it will be just as difficult to COB as COD is a level 3 def base will nuke infs its a good thing bombs get by.

Ahem, its illigal because its exploiting a hole in the game to bypass the defence of a planet, therefore being illigal and so its in the RoC. Doesnt matter if you have 70000000000000000000000000000000 lvl 3 defence bases on a planet the size of the universe, the bombs can still get through if you are close enough.

Quote:

3) So really? are we gunna make COD an exploit? cus it does get around the DEF bases, and the planet cannot defend itself from our pods so i think it should be a exploit. in which case so is the bombing.

Solution= gives us our bombs back, we will use them for stack
bombing a perfetly legitimate strategy that requires teamwork

Please sign below if u want stack bombing reintegrated into DS again as wel as sign below to whether u think COB and COD should be exploiting

BOMBS=yes to bringing them back / no to leaving it how it is
COB=yes or no
COD= yes or no

its time for some feedback guys

In all respect its not up to any of us players to decide what is legit or what. The admins decide what is an exploit, this is decided around the fact that something is abusing a hole in the game for personal gain or faction gain.

Bombs = No, Lag + Cpu usage come into account, MV lag would probably double because of the number of objects. Second the MV is a lot quicker to get around, I can see 6 kluth (all adv carriers) taking 6 systems within minutes. As there are shipyard moving around would be very quick compaired to the gate-only aproach of the old version. So No, leave it as it is imho.

COB = NO (my reasons stated above)

COD = YES + NO. The system was brought in to combat the instant drop in 1.480, I cannot see why this system was implemented if a work around has already been found. But on the other hand, its no different from the other version, so im indecided on this one.

Done!

-Jack

[ This Message was edited by: BackSlash {DSUKM} on 2004-12-17 11:29 ]

jefferson clay {F-WWOW}
Cadet

Posted: 2004-12-17 12:55   
There must be something I don't get about this whole thing ...

bombs = hell no ! If I understand what you say right, you still want to be able to unequip-equip bombs so you can stack/cloud more than (slots *5) <- bios involved ? Pardon me for I may be ignorant or too naive or whatever you want to call it, but I've always taken this as exploiting (this is the very part I'm not sure to understand right). I've almost bombed every planet in MV with a UGTO bomber cruiser (4*5 bombs), and nothing's impossible, even hell places like Isemene and Naul and every gigantic planet is a true challenge and takes time but can be done.
About what you say regarding buildings on planet, I'm pretty sure there's little to be done, whatever you do any skilled bomber will get 60-80% of his bombs through (and that goes even for a 20+ def planet in nicea).

COB = no .
COD = (I'll assume it stand for Close Orbit Dropping) no, I'm not ok with the 'inf can defend itself statement' (of course it can), but from this point why would we build def on planets ? Because they're supposed to defend planets against both bombing and inf landing... I'd see any mean of bypassing planetary def by using design-implementation flaws as being bad ... (maybe we should be able again to drop inf on planets with 32 troops, and why not get a SLAUGHTER order that would kill pop, not sure if RAZE does it already).

If it's all about teamwork, well there's ECM left (and it asks for a lot of teamwork).

Sorry if I understood the first part wrong, I don't want to flame or anything.

Enjoy, this is only a game ...

[Free]Dop-erwt
Cadet

Posted: 2004-12-17 14:38   
CoD shouldnt be an exploit, it takes quite some effort to get close to a planet without getting killed during or afterwards the action, i mean i sometimes scrape the planet surface to make sure the inf all hit, i think it should be a legit tactic considering it takes effort and a single person still cant take over a planet while doing it(its way easier to reinforce a planet then to drop enough troops on it to make it cap)

[edit]btw isnt it way easy to kill someone who is CoBbing? i mean its usually a cruiser hanging in one place, usually it can be taken out easily before it can do damage and if its being covered its teambased playing right?[/edit]

[ This Message was edited by: Dop-erwt{sick} on 2004-12-17 14:43 ]

disfunction is a function

former fleets: -uepg- =IT= -IL-

Goto the website of [Free]Dop-erwt
Xilaratu
Cadet

Posted: 2004-12-17 15:01   
God people! Listen!

As I stated earlier, COB is an exploit to fix an error in the CODE, while COD has always been alowwed and in certain areas, is the only way to drop on a planet.

Ragglock
Marshal
BIOnics Industry Syndicate

Posted: 2004-12-17 17:58   
bio and mirv bombing is to easy no matter how you turn it

even with defenders around a planet bombs can get thrugh thats not something i like ,but the fault is the way bombing works now vs how the defence bases and what kind of pd you can boost.

LOVE the smell of human flesh in the morning smells like MVictory

Goto the website of Ragglock
Fatal Command (CO)
Marshal
Fatal Squadron

From: over here in New York noticing some ppl are like canoes.....they need to be paddled.
Posted: 2004-12-17 19:06   
be nice to have deathstars back in the game.......no dropping inf on a planet with no empty slots......make SOME sytems a lil more secure and harder to cap.

Email Fatal Command (CO)
Fleet Admiral Busby
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2004-12-17 19:08   
Yea we need our bombs lol thats how we get our press mostly

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2004-12-17 19:28   
I just fight like most people do to get prestige...hence my high damage stat. There are other ways appart from bombing...if you want to spoil the game by wanting lots of bombs back and having huge amounts of lag in the MV then so be it.

[ This Message was edited by: BackSlash {DSUKM} on 2004-12-17 19:36 ]

Xilaratu
Cadet

Posted: 2004-12-17 20:39   
Bombing is easy enough as-is. Don't make it easier.

Strategery
Grand Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2004-12-18 04:49   
1.480 bombing was harder, and i believe the rate of pres gain for bombing was less. I want that bomb code back.

Though i think this whole thread is kinda useless since F is trying to get away from player suggested additions to the game. In his opinion, if i remember correctly, it's suggestions like these that have taken the game too far from what it was originally intended. Although this isn't really a "new'" idea, more of a suggested roll-back to an earlier code.

Out

[S.W] Grand Admiral Strategery
ICC Master Battle Strategist (ret.)
Proud Commander of the C.S.S. Ticonderoga

Email Strategery
Scotty
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2004-12-18 09:24   
I am moving this out as it has no business in the Staff Feedback

BTW Replys in Staff Feedback are limited to Staff and the player involved unless you are a witness.

Scotty

[ This Message was edited by: Scotty on 2004-12-18 09:25 ]

Email Scotty
AdmBito
Grand Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2004-12-18 09:35   
Quote:

On 2004-12-18 04:49, -=~NubMarine~=- wrote:

Though i think this whole thread is kinda useless since F is trying to get away from player suggested additions to the game. In his opinion, if i remember correctly, it's suggestions like these that have taken the game too far from what it was originally intended...

Really? Well, I have something nasty to say about that...

Puppies gotta die, too.

Xilaratu
Cadet

Posted: 2004-12-18 11:10   
I loved 1.480 as much as the next guy

Doran
Chief Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2004-12-18 12:46   
Quote:

On 2004-12-18 04:49, -=~NubMarine~=- wrote:

Though i think this whole thread is kinda useless since F is trying to get away from player suggested additions to the game. In his opinion, if i remember correctly, it's suggestions like these that have taken the game too far from what it was originally intended...

Dec 7th dev meeting log

01:37:31 [Admin]Faustus: "basically, with this patch... here is what needs to happen, we need to make the necessary changes to make the game balanced... people are not going to like it, but it's gotta happen.. and we will certainly take a hit from all the griefers early on because of it... but I hope in the long run it will help.... additionally, feature creep has got to stop, I've let way too many user suggested features come into the game without really thinking about the implications of those changes..."
01:38:10 [Admin]Faustus: "the ship modifcation changes for example... have done a great deal of damage to this game.."

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Page created in 0.024222 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR