No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
04/20/24 +4.7 Days

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Give us our bombs back and no one will get hurt
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
 Author Give us our bombs back and no one will get hurt
Lord Drak
Cadet

Posted: 2004-12-18 14:52   
Fix the code so planets can fight COB and COD...don't regulate holes by rules. IF it can be done then it should be legal. I got enough on my plate on bombing runs then trying to figure out if i'm 100gu from any particular point of the surface.

A Paying Customer......and yes that matters.

Lord Drak

We are many. We are one.

$milingJ35te|2™{=21st=}[R33HG]
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2004-12-21 05:05   
the only thing wrong with stack bombing was the massive amounts of lag, Look at the UGTO Carrier dreads, can we say FIGHTER LAG? Dont give me that they have been reduced so reduce lag crap. one dread can still lag us all to death. and ugto pilots in a FEW ACTIVE UGTO fleets... openly admited to trying to lag us to death, intentionally. I mean from the bomber jocks that enjoy this game we want our stack bombing back thats all. It does take teamwork someones gotta keep giving us the bombs. if need be step up the planet def refire rate it would make capping that much harder if the re fire rate was faster. thus taking skill to bomb and more of a hazard for the bomber, cmon at least give this a over view F u know u wanna

Linna Yamazaka {Vice Admiral}
Vice Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2004-12-21 05:45   
*Steps in the door and then covers her ears from the nosie and then clears her throat.*

Ok If i reamber right I did enjoy the stack bombing. And It TOOK SKILL to stack the bombs right. I have still not mastered it yet and look I'm a Vice Admril { IF I SUB ONCE MORE }. This point is that With the Lag spikes that happen and then planet defence Bombing and staying withthe bombs till the last moment before pulling away is very depermently to your ships heath.

I also drop inf as close as i can to planets ONCE MORE that take nerves of steel as that TOO take skill to make happen. Many of my planet closions Have been due to 1) LAG and 2) Failing to pull out at the right time durning drops or protecting bombs with the ship. I've NOT been told that EATHER of them are aganst the ROC and thus will keep on doing such moves Till I'm told that there are aganst the ROC.

*Sighs and then turns around and walks back out not wanting to be in the nosie that ensures her comments.*

Two weeks™ Later and a new sig.

Email Linna Yamazaka {Vice Admiral}   Goto the website of Linna Yamazaka {Vice Admiral}
BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2004-12-21 06:31   
stacking didnt take skill lol.

Ragglock
Marshal
BIOnics Industry Syndicate

Posted: 2004-12-21 07:37   
either way youy can still make huge clouds just take more ships to do so

i bomber (kluth) can launch 6 x 5 x mirv that gives = 30 x 3 bombers = 90 mirv bombs in 1 run = dead planet <-- if thats not clouding i dont know what it is

its not hard

LOVE the smell of human flesh in the morning smells like MVictory

Goto the website of Ragglock
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2004-12-21 07:39   
Stacking does take skill with the new planet rotations starting a run of mirvs at 1800 Gus at one fixed point moving at 10gus/s or even a stack of bios starting at 2100 gus and moving at 15gus per second. u still need a supply 1 bomber, 1 dictor, 1 combat, and 1 transport and teamwork. thats 5 ships minimum. now as for skill yes bombing takes practice to get it right. yes bombing seems like u fly at a planet and drop a few bombs. Im sorry u think so lowly of bombing but the rest of us get a kick out of it. the point im pressing is there was more teamwork when we could stack bomb to attack. now its just who ever can wait out the other team at a planet while both partys hug the planet its kinda a step back dont u think? wheres teh team work there? just my thoughts

Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2004-12-21 07:48   
Bump

Xilaratu
Cadet

Posted: 2004-12-21 10:06   
Quote:

On 2004-12-21 07:39, R3vEReND{=21st=} wrote:
Stacking does take skill with the new planet rotations starting a run of mirvs at 1800 Gus at one fixed point moving at 10gus/s or even a stack of bios starting at 2100 gus and moving at 15gus per second. u still need a supply 1 bomber, 1 dictor, 1 combat, and 1 transport and teamwork. thats 5 ships minimum. now as for skill yes bombing takes practice to get it right. yes bombing seems like u fly at a planet and drop a few bombs. Im sorry u think so lowly of bombing but the rest of us get a kick out of it. the point im pressing is there was more teamwork when we could stack bomb to attack. now its just who ever can wait out the other team at a planet while both partys hug the planet its kinda a step back dont u think? wheres teh team work there? just my thoughts

Um, no you didn't. All you need is a UGTO command dread. fool

A Troll =SSC=
Cadet

Posted: 2004-12-22 07:38   
for stack bombing please bring it back i loved wiping planets clean of all sentient life just to get a crapload of prestige.about COB um what is that?
COD i think u mean close orbit drop and heck yeah for that.

Email A Troll =SSC=
whateverr
Cadet

Posted: 2004-12-22 09:38   
O.o?

ok... as far as i'm aware you can drop all your bombs on the way to a planet.... but what i'm thinking you want to do is uninstall your bomb bays, reinstall them and drop more, rinse repeat.. or perhaps in an old version you could just keep dropping without reinstall..

eitherway .. if you did that you could start 4,000 or further from planet and literally ride a wave of bombs to a planet that NO PLANET could defend against... and you think that should be "ok"?

no single bomber should be able to take a completely defended planet to the stoneage in one run.... as is bombing is easy (though apparently since i always targetted planet center i've been COB'ing -.-)

it's true, in RL a bomber that could be reloaded in the fashion these bombers are reloaded they'd have unlimited ammo, but in RL planets are alot bigger and have more population etc .. so this being a game there needs to be limits.. nevermind lag issue(which doesn't exist since last patch, remember? ) about it, it just doesn't seem right for a single bomber to have that ability considering everyone hates the ability the Advanced bomber has even without dropping more than it's payload.

as far as close orbit dropping, well i've never seen it not done, and since i haven't seen a thread by staff saying it isn't allowed imma assume there's no need to bring it up so they can say "hey wait! we don't want you doing that" ... frankly you need slapped for even bringing it up -.-

at anyrate, since many of you, including me, aren't subbed, why don't you just pop into beta side and test what the game will be like and rag what you do and don't want in the beta forums

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2004-12-22 14:59   
Quote:

On 2004-12-22 09:38, Dark Prophet {Absolut} wrote:
O.o?

ok... as far as i'm aware you can drop all your bombs on the way to a planet.... but what i'm thinking you want to do is uninstall your bomb bays, reinstall them and drop more, rinse repeat.. or perhaps in an old version you could just keep dropping without reinstall..

eitherway .. if you did that you could start 4,000 or further from planet and literally ride a wave of bombs to a planet that NO PLANET could defend against... and you think that should be "ok"?

1) you cant do that anymore, theres a limit on weapons. When you remove them, all objects belonging to that weapon explode.

2) You could only bomb fromr 1.8k GU MAX. Thats the range of bio bombs.

Oh and in 1.480 you could do that without having a limit on the bombs, no planet could defend against that.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Page created in 0.020136 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR