No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +8.1 Hours

Search

Anniversaries

1st - Alamode

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Beta Testing Discussion » » Beta Impressions
 Author Beta Impressions
Dane
Cadet

Posted: 2004-12-18 15:00   
I played around on beta a bit this morning (after the latest patch) and noticed a few things. I was playing as UGTO on the Luyten map.

I built a shipyard and every time I entered it and came out with a new ship my old ship was sitting where it was when I entered the sy. The ship was marked with a yellow diamond and could not be selected.

I turned on a scanner and asteroids popped up about 4500gu away. I'm not sure if it's always been this way but I never noticed that before. And not all of the roids were detected, more showed up when I jumped to the location.

I built a factory and noticed flux cannon takes 6 minutes to build. Has that always been that way? And after building it I couldn't buy it. I didn't have a slot for it but in the current release we can buy it anyway. So I'm not sure if that was intended to change.

Regarding the slots, some odd things when I removed various weapons/items:
-EMP Mine was in an Interdictor Slot
-CL300 was in a Bomb I slot
-Reload slot simply said "Slot"

Right clicked on armour and for Mount it said "Fore,Right,Left,Aft". Seems a little verbose, wouldn't "Full" do?

IT Missile seems to be unable to fire occasionally (I was only one on beta at the time and I was aiming at a planet) Sometimes it would work, sometimes not.

I'm pleased with the change to the EMP cannon, that it fires quicker - will give a better chance of hitting fast ships. Am also pleased with the increase in ammo on the IT Missiles.

And I'd like to repeat a request to have my prestige from my subbed account cloned to beta. There are various ships I'd like to try but can't (EAD,TC, Interdictor, Aussault Dessie etc). I'd like to help beta test more but if I have to build up prestige I'd rather spend my time playing in the mv on my subbed account.

Keep up the good work devs

Dane

[small][ This Message was edited by: Dane on 2004-12-18 15:00 ][/small]

[ This Message was edited by: Dane on 2004-12-18 15:21 ]

Doran
Chief Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2004-12-20 10:33   
Quote:

I turned on a scanner and asteroids popped up about 4500gu away. I'm not sure if it's always been this way but I never noticed that before. And not all of the roids were detected, more showed up when I jumped to the location.

yeah those roids have been there for ... a while, the addional roids showing up when you get closer would be their going from outside your detection range to inside it 4.5kgu is roughly the default. release-side you can change it by pressing [ and ], each press is about a 1kgu increase or decrease in range

just another one of those undocumented features

Tael
2nd Rear Admiral
Palestar

Posted: 2004-12-20 16:22   
Only half of the Dev changes are in beta right now, i wont be fixing the slots until all of the beta updates are completed.

Email Tael
Fatal Command (CO)
Marshal
Fatal Squadron

From: over here in New York noticing some ppl are like canoes.....they need to be paddled.
Posted: 2004-12-20 22:15   
well.......grabbed a scout as a non ICC but human ship(just CANT say it) and proceeded to fire the entire load on 1 kluth drone engineer. The results were as followed (roughly)

1) a sig of 205 according to the player but could only see rings when cloaked,and not at all on map as used to be when beaconed and was only 33 GUs away at the time.

2) when reloaded by depot unable to fire anymore beacons at all.No other ships were available at the time to see if it applied to others...only had the 1 to shoot.

3) when trying to use previous tried and true tactic of attacking from the rear...I got tore up....nice touch there changing the arc.

4) used a siphon later on in another map......every alpha strike I fired at enemy 133 gus away was immediately followed by about 6 secs of extremely hard lag.tried it several times....at various angles and ranges.....same results......even when target was a planet.....a full alpha would freeze me totally for about 6 secs.

my thoughts on above engagements.

First off...
very nice rearrangement of arcs on kluth ships....it eliminates the hole in their armor so to speak.
if beaconed..cloak should be ineffective.enemy should be seen on screen and nav map within a certain distance.say 50k.limiting number of beacons per ship effectively makes THAT class of ship useless to you if your limited to firing a predetermined amount.

[ This Message was edited by: Fatal Command *CO* on 2004-12-21 01:13 ]

Email Fatal Command (CO)
Mariano (peace)
Cadet

Posted: 2004-12-21 06:46   
we tried to pull out a station. when we had the recources i noticed that the res didnt get substracted. so i could pull stations all the time.
the station now goes 3gu and i killed an kluth extractor in 1 alpha.
the WH worked fine and when i pointed at a planet some 200 gu away it failed. dont know if its due to the planet or just a random failure.
the armor is a bit weak. my heavy armor got torn down with 2-3 AM Torp salvos form a frigate (about 3-4 torps each i guess)

Page created in 0.012130 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR