No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +3.3 Hours

Search

Anniversaries

1st - Alamode

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Beta Testing Discussion » » what I found on beta as is currently(will keep adding here rather than a new post)
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
 Author what I found on beta as is currently(will keep adding here rather than a new post)
Fatal Command (CO)
Marshal
Fatal Squadron

From: over here in New York noticing some ppl are like canoes.....they need to be paddled.
Posted: 2004-12-23 19:24   
ok.after quite a few days of playing here's what still occurs and what I have seen.......whether bugs or issues not addressed yet I dont know.and plz......these are MY opinions.so.....dont like em.....test and write what YOU find/feel/think.

1)
beacons DO NOT make cloaked ships visible.all you can see are the rings IF within visual range.they do not appear on nav map at all,even with a 205 sig.
2)
mining beams,unlike weapon beams,DO NOT break when a ship passes thru them.So...you could mine a planet with a kluth ship right in front of you and not know it.Even friendly ships dont break the beams.they should be broken.....kinda of a first alert thingy.
3)
when changing ships,what you just traded in is still in orbit (at least for me and stays til you log out) when you respawn in the newer ship.and continues with each new ship.had like 8 FCs in orbit at 1 planet once.And just 1 of me is too many sometimes.
4)
while in a siphon did several(at least 5 I know) alphas on a battle cruiser,did some nice damage but froze up for about 6 secs after each shot.changed to a mandy and same thing,freeze on alphas.
5)while bombing noticed the ranges have been changed to a per ship size as well as from planet size.ie a dessie can bomb slightly closer than a dread.....but not much.think it was like 230 Gus or so from planet (pro system....3541 )do like the increase number of bombs.....but think a dread should have more bomb slots than a dessie.
5)
ships speeds are vastly different.will take some serious readjusting and relearning ship class speeds.
6)
in kluth ships..if I was facing away from planet I was going to jump to.......once jump initiated ship cloaked during jump or cloak"greyed out".....you tell me.I like the cant fire while cloaked.....but the time from decloak to fire very very short.a group of ships in orbit could decimate the lone ship spawing and they wouldnt know what happened.needs to be extended I think....about 8-10 secs minimum...I mean between the actual hit decloak to hit recloak...no less than 8 secs should be able to pass in that event.otherwise its gonna be hitkhitspacebarhitk all in 1 swift pass.as soon as decloak starts.....I have been able to fire.....NOT as soon as decloaking complete.could be just me.alphas in claws HURT.so a minimum movement with max wep fire at point blank range with more than 1 ship = dead red.and firing arc changes= deadly.....no more rear attack safe zones.

so far changes arent bad...energy issues are a lot different,but really cant say much as have no one in to test with usually.cant tell if 1 slot ac in beta will be better same or worse as ac currently available in MV version as I cant get a good running battle test going.
7)
OMG the damn tech takes FOREVER to build up..might consider making it an exponential value.more labs = faster tech lvling.takes far too long to get SY up and larger ships.and intial resourse levels,a lil low but able to accomplish the job IF careful.

credits.well.....where to start.t.......hink that IF you switch over.....certain values will need readjusting.I,for example,put most of my credits into Fleet Treasury which has since been deleted.I lost maybe 2 to 2.5 mil..some other members lost several hundreds of thousands.parts and resources appear so far to NOT be on an even basis.an active shield costs 4 k..sells for 2 .
9)
Factories.......OMG the build times.8 mins for 1 cl2k.thats just WAY too long,takes about 12-15 to full mod an ac with just 1 fac available.and thats with just 4 actives, a 1500 reactor 3 ames and 1 cl2k.Cant get amj til we get a kluth fac....that is wrong.......shouldnt get ames either with out a kluth fac as well.
10)
weapons...I cant test AD or station so they arent included.
can not change out sabots and railguns anymore.not a good thing.an engy with sabots more likely to survive then 1 with railguns.
torps.nice effects..I actually killed a kluth tranny with 4 alphas in a ac for once,due to the cant cloak and fire while running due to energy lvls issues imposed.think that is the just the right offset of non-dectable cloak.kluth trannies still have torps NO NO NO NO...its a TRANNY...not a combat ship..... should have no offense some defense ...not both.and WAYYYYY too many bombs.a single slot,2 at the most and only on advanced.cl500s wont change with pulse beams,not good for a ac set for defense of planet.cant kill bombs like it could/should.Bombers should have very minimal if any offense max defense.PCMs to my understanding ,are now ship to ship weps......do very minimal if any damage to planets.then why are there still 3 slots of em on bomberdread..its NOT a combat ship.waste of space on a bomber.change em for bombs plz.same for dessie.oh,and speaking of dessies.....cant change the rails for sabots on it either,now I cant chase em down in it and kill em with sabots,and NOT gonna with rails either.so those slots are wasted.still have a couple more ships to test so will post on them later.

for now...

That is all......

FC out.

Email Fatal Command (CO)
Tael
2nd Rear Admiral
Palestar

Posted: 2004-12-24 04:26   
Just a note, what you are seeing in beta now is a long way from the finished product...

I have been working numbers and redoing the math and device code for the last 3 nights straight to flesh things out...

Right now the ships have the new hull values, but not the new armor values or types... Also hull armor modifiers are not implemented yet, basicly a scout with heavy armor should not have the same number of armor points as a dread with heavy armor... This improves the longevity of dreads and Stations without forcing us to create 30 new devices and limit armor slots. The math for this is done, we still have to update the ship files and damage matrix for it.

Factories are taking longer to build and more requirements to build items... This will reduce clutter at the starports and also create a market for upgraded items... So you wait for the build time to get the item, but upgrades will pretty much be instant at any shipyard, just cost you money.

New tech system is being implemented, you can now "Upgrade" devices... So say good bye to CL300 and CL500's... There will be a new Chemical Laser, level 0 is equal to the CL300, level 8 is equal to the CL500... You can upgrade to level 10, so that means you can still increase its range and damage two levels beyound normal. We also have the ability to create special "Rare" and unique items now above level 10 that might be prizes from events or rare items found... These devices will be very rare...

Some devices wont be upgradeable, but most will...

None upgradeable devices include the weapons figthers carry, autorepair, and cloak. Other devices are being evaluated on a case by case basis.

Currently I havent had the time to change the load outs of the ships, so you will see some issues with devices not being the right slot type or behaving weirdly... Thats expected...

We've focused on getting all the new devices in first, then we'll adjust the ships. Some of the devices are linear and automatically get the upgrades, some devices are being replaced with new code so have to be "weened" out and the ship models adjusted accordingly.

I'm trying to get F to push another Beta Update shortly so I can make a few minor changes and tweaks to the scout and frigate ships basic load outs for testing the shields...

So what you are seeing right now is only about 10%, we have 60% coded, just not pushed out to beta yet...

Email Tael
Doran
Chief Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2004-12-24 20:32   
cl300 listed as bomb1 class
cl500 listed as bomb2s
emp cannons are weapon3's?
tranny's are faster than frigates (21,13 respectivly)
build has a box rather than a normal weapon group number or use key
def bases disabled? but fighter bases not

client lockup on scenario end/map switch, didnt catch the error msg

[ This Message was edited by: Doran on 2004-12-24 20:37 ]

Tael
2nd Rear Admiral
Palestar

Posted: 2004-12-24 21:26   
hehe like i said, its cause we worked in changes to the devices, but the current ships dont see those changes until we change them in the resourcer...

Email Tael
Uncapathy
Cadet

Posted: 2004-12-26 01:48   
Guess this is where I post possible bugs for the beta server?

when switching from 61 Cygnus to Eri Epsilon scenario I could not select any ship, not even the base engineer and transport. Once I dropped to the chat then re-entered then I could pick a ship.

Olaf in the Eri Eridani scenario is in a 'safe zone" and therefore can not have infantry unloaded to capture it. Is this intentional?

Credits are not transferring from scenario to scenario at least not for me

No prestige gain either which means I can't get promotions..

[ This Message was edited by: Uncapathy on 2004-12-26 13:22 ]

Fatal Command (CO)
Marshal
Fatal Squadron

From: over here in New York noticing some ppl are like canoes.....they need to be paddled.
Posted: 2004-12-26 14:36   
when choosing the intial ship....the delay of about 6 secs still exists from time you pick ship til the display of it appears on ship screen.and once you get SY up and change ships...your previous ship ghosts at that planet.I had 7 ships ghosting at 1 point.

also,would be nice if Dev team would consider extending the map times,by the time you get a SY up and metals needed......map is done.cannot test it when you cannot get the ships to test with or the time to test em.just put up the Pro system map and leave it on that,but extend it to a 4 or 5 hour map....or all of them to that length.need the time in order to test.

[ This Message was edited by: Fatal Command *CO* on 2004-12-26 14:37 ]

Email Fatal Command (CO)
Uncapathy
Cadet

Posted: 2004-12-27 21:34   
Similar to what FS CO says: The "ghosting" I found is when the game sets to another scenario. Each time it resets, it adds me as another player; ie by the end of 3 scenarios there are 3 of me "logged in" and I cannot select a ship (ALL versions/hulls are red). There were NO other players in the beta server yet by the end of 3 scenarios there were 3 players "logged" in....hope that makes sense...

I could not hear the pulses from planet-based ECCM for some odd reason...or least not as I faced it while building. If I turned away to jump or move to another planet I would hear it until the jump-drive engaged or I moved out of range.

Minor niggle: Articus A is purple when I face it when capturiong/building but the mini-map it is a Carolina blue.....just thought this was odd.....

RagAnok
Admiral

Posted: 2004-12-28 18:16   
extractors no longer work

Telekinesis, thats what you need, just lay back and let your mind do the walking

Norton
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2004-12-28 21:35   
Harrier frig has MIRV instead of ECCM

Mersenne Twister
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2004-12-29 15:46   
ships can jump off the plane temporarily
probably not exploitable, but you never know

partical cannon range vs emp, pcannon's about 500-560, emp's nearly 900, supposed to be like that?

also concerned about the lower ship speeds, if weapons projectile speeds remain the same, could be near impossible for even small ships to dodge weapon fire

I wouldn't screw with it if I were you. The doctor already holds you in poor favor. Messing with this might really fry his shorts.

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2004-12-30 07:36   
EMP is a long range weapon.

Meko
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2004-12-30 22:41   
Quote:
This will reduce clutter at the starports and also create a market for upgraded items... So you wait for the build time to get the item, but upgrades will pretty much be instant at any shipyard, just cost you money.

So you can buy upgrades at a SY for a price? and if u buy em at a starport there free??

i dont get it

Email Meko
Fatal Command (CO)
Marshal
Fatal Squadron

Posted: 2005-01-01 21:40   
upgrades cost you credits period from what i understand....just have to wait on it at starport,but get it instantly in SY.to my understanding.

Email Fatal Command (CO)
Tael
2nd Rear Admiral
Palestar

Posted: 2005-01-01 23:26   
Factories will produce base line level 0 items which you can purchase from shipyards. Factories take time to make the item.

Once you have a base line item, you will be able to goto a starport and pay to have it upgraded. Upgrades will happen instantly to keep game flow moving.

Email Tael
Sops
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-01-02 02:34   
Not a bug but anyway you can make it easier to get money? A lot of people who have bin around awhile have loads of money I know but must if it they made in older versions (SY money bug for one)

It can be pretty hard for newer people to get money.

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Page created in 0.022139 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR