No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +13.1 Hours

Search

Anniversaries

1st - Alamode

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Beta Testing Discussion » » Uncommon Sugestions
 Author Uncommon Sugestions
Meko
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2004-12-27 23:43   
Heres some requests that i think would help the game a tad.

Infantry

• I would like to see redaployable infantry (*)
  • I would like the infantry captures of planets/ships different (**)
  • Infantry weight added (***)

Redaployable Infantry

What i mean by redaployable is, i try to land em on that frigate but he dodges. so i fly over to them and press (the command) and they come back into my ship.
Or i drop them on a planet and suddenly i see a friendly with a stack of bombs. (command) they fly back to my ship instead.

This would be tactically great, especially if you could change targets in flight. say drop on planet but NME ships flys inbetween. click on inf and tell them to board the ship instead!

Infantry Invasions

When invading a planet heavy infantry work best cause thier Uber. well its my understanding that "heavy" inf and "heavy" Because of some sorta huge armor they wear right? well wouldnt they be kinda cramped inside a ship? methinks to capture and enemy ship you have to use normal infantry. i mean the big heavy inf are to cumbersome to fight in the close quarters of ship hallways right?

Infantry Weights

I assume since your adding the "Heavy" "medium" and "small" weapons that "heavy" infantry will be classed as larger or heavier than light infantry. meaning a transport that holds 10 Infantry can only hold say... 7 Heavy infantry. methinks thats also more realistic as well as adds tactical options to the game.

Multiple Selection

Id like to be able to designate targets as well as multiple select enemies or friendlys.

Designate target

click target "A" and press shift-alt-1.
click target "B" and press shift-alt-2.
click on ranom enemy.
now i wanna fast fire lazers at "a" so i press alt-1, now torps at "B" so alt-2....

see where im going?

also multiple enemies. well select one enemy. hold shift and click another .. ok both selected. press "e" and ones more red than the other, alpha will shoot that one.press "e" again and it switches to the other, but Not deselecting the former.

this would be good for attacking say an EAD and his supply ship.

REselect

Come-on! why dont you have one already. i mean attack luthys i got my ECCM in. i see one couple shots to soffen him up then i drop my reactor in. now i gotta reselect the enemy to shoot. maybe just press (command) and last enemy selected will be highlighted.

this ones a must.

anyways if i think of more ill add em.

Email Meko
twitch
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2004-12-28 02:41   
Quote:

On 2004-12-27 23:43, Meko wrote:
Infantry Weights

I assume since your adding the "Heavy" "medium" and "small" weapons that "heavy" infantry will be classed as larger or heavier than light infantry. meaning a transport that holds 10 Infantry can only hold say... 7 Heavy infantry. methinks thats also more realistic as well as adds tactical options to the game.

maybe allowing shipos to carry only certain numbers of heavy and light infs, since the ships may have certain spaces in them for each type, so heavy transport carries say 4 light and 6 heavy inf or something along those lines

Meko
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2004-12-28 21:11   
exactly =)

Email Meko
WildBill
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2005-01-11 20:55   
Interesting idea. I have an idea to add to that, but it may be too much trouble to script into the game. We could have an option to train certain "classes" of infantry at barracks, or the possibility of building heavier units such as armor. here are just a few examples.

Infiltrators - Only unit trained and capable or boarding enemy ships.

Spies - units that could be dropped on a certain structure such as a generator or def base and could deactivate that structure for a set amount of time (10 to 15 seconds). Sabotage tech, poison food, or steal resource.

Demolitions - Units trained to destroy enemy buildings

Mech Infantry/Armor - Powerful units used for planetary combat that can move faster than regular footsoldiers, and possibly defend themselves against bombardment.

There are many idea's that you could come up with, and it would take a great deal of time and effort to implement into the game. But, it would make territorial battles a bit more intersting if it were more complex than just bombing and dropping infantry.

Page created in 0.010555 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR