No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +5.8 Hours

Search

Anniversaries

1st - Alamode

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Faustus!
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
 Author Faustus!
Daylight \"The Beginning\"
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2004-12-28 03:45   
FIX THE LAG

Forget patches of any other kind. Lag has to be dealt with now. I play many online games and this is the only one that the lag is to much. Even Project Entopia that does not support dial up does not have even half the lag DS does. Americas Army has almost 0 lag...

Whats the deal here?

Email Daylight \
kenetiks
Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2004-12-28 04:35   
You should try Delta Force: Black Hawk Down.

AVG ping times:
Q3 central US server: 40-70
HL2 & CS:S: 30-60

Average ping in Delta Force BHD(drum roll please) and keep in mind the private servers are faster than the official NovaLogic servers..........
250ms avg latency.....

There are so many cheats and glitches than can be listed...left leaning into walls, shooting through walls, invisible shooters, god mode(sort of), and the people on 56k can shoot 3 people and then server updates and decides everyones dead, oh yeah my personall fav, emptying my CAR15 W/203(30 rounds of 7.62)fully automatic elite Delta rifle into someone nearly point blank...then what happens you ask? They shoot me with a berreta 9mm and I fall over.... yay!!

Since I have been playing it there have been no updates/bug fixes/etc.. at all, I am playing it right out of the box with no client update. And I don't even remember when this game came out, well over a year I'm sure.

Edit: typos

[ This Message was edited by: kenetiks{GTN} on 2004-12-28 04:57 ]

Email kenetiks   Goto the website of kenetiks
BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2004-12-28 07:58   
HL2 + CS:S = 20-40 avg

DarkSpace doesnt lag much anymore for me.....but...when it does lag, it sucks :/

[ This Message was edited by: BackSlash {DSUKM} on 2004-12-28 08:02 ]

Faustus
Marshal
Palestar

Posted: 2004-12-28 09:35   
The LAG will continue to get better, especially with the next update... I do have some changes in mind to improve things even better.

-Richard

Goto the website of Faustus
Wyke {ThorsHammer}
Cadet

Posted: 2004-12-28 10:10   

I havent had any lag recently but I have had 2 event of the control lock-out in the last day, which i havent experienced for some time, so there may be a regression issue.

Email Wyke {ThorsHammer}
Faustus
Marshal
Palestar

Posted: 2004-12-28 10:20   
Whatever lag your still getting is most likely caused by your connection to the servers... this is why, most people with cable-modems and DSL don't get it... usually, it's dial-up users like Daylight that have problems.

Quite frankly, get with the times, no sense in me banging my head against the wall trying to support 5% of the player base still on modems. I very well may just up the required specs to play this game.

However, some lag still may be caused by server CPU issues.... one thing I fixed in Beta was the removal of low-level critical section lock that would occur anytime a string was formatted. In other words, we were using a static buffer to generate text into thus it had to be locked so no 2 threads would try to use the buffer at the same time.

I found the __declspec( thread) operator which allows a buffer to get allocated automatically for every thread... removing the need for this lock. I suspect since we format ALOT of strings, this may have been serious bottle-neck with the engine.

-Richard

Goto the website of Faustus
Puddle Jumper
Cadet

Posted: 2004-12-28 11:34   
Quote:

On 2004-12-28 10:20, Faustus wrote:
Whatever lag your still getting is most likely caused by your connection to the servers... this is why, most people with cable-modems and DSL don't get it... usually, it's dial-up users like Daylight that have problems.

Quite frankly, get with the times, no sense in me banging my head against the wall trying to support 5% of the player base still on modems. I very well may just up the required specs to play this game.

You know not everyone has access to broadband. If you are going to change the specs for the game you are just going to lose more users then you already have.

Grand Admiral

Posted: 2004-12-28 12:23   
Lag was not an issue a year and a half ago. DS was clean and lag free even for my middle of nowhere BS dialup crap like connection...F, I know its odd but I am using the same comp, updated, same dialup on the same modem. Don't change the specs, fix the probelm. I know dsl and cable don't get as much lag, but they do get some and the spikes are unreal even for them.

Email Daylight \
Shippo
1st Rear Admiral

Posted: 2004-12-28 15:23   
Last I looked about my internet, I have DSL. Yet, I lag like a Dial-up would. Yeah, that's how bad my DSL connection gets for some weird reason. Although, it actually ACTS like a DSL about 25% of the time on DS. So, I've got issues with my ISP and the game apparently..

Email Shippo
A Troll =SSC=
Cadet

Posted: 2004-12-28 18:05   
i'm running DSL here and when my stuff lags on DS i feel like i down graded to 28k i hop on XBoxLive only time i lag is when i'm playing mofos from France or Germany or Mother Russia.

Email A Troll =SSC=
RagAnok
Admiral

Posted: 2004-12-28 18:23   
I would like to know what ping you guys are getting. As I get a 300+ adv and don’t get too much lag.

Telekinesis, thats what you need, just lay back and let your mind do the walking

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2004-12-28 19:00   
120-150 from the UK on 1MB Cable

Grand Admiral

Posted: 2004-12-28 19:32   
I would kill for 300. Mine has been as high as 3500. Yes, I know thats got to be mostly on my end BUT I do get better and still DS lags. What bugs me is that lag here does not follow me to my other games!

Email Daylight \
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2004-12-28 19:36   
OH, and another thing...BETA has 0 lag...yes, I know, theres not been any load but 4 players and no combat. Even so, the MV goes into fits if there are 4 players within 200,000,000,000 gus of each other!

Email Daylight \
Meko
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2004-12-29 00:09   
im in an internet cafe with 200+ computers on ONE T1 connection. in CHINA. and im not lagging.

the only lag i get is when i alpha strike.

no seriously, if i alpha strike i get lock up for 5-10 seconds. if i use my hotkeys Zero lag.

possibly this might help? i know its an issue in beta, maybe its issue here too.

Email Meko
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Page created in 0.022904 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR