No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
03/30/24 +2.4 Days

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Amphibious Landing Ship
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
 Author Amphibious Landing Ship
A Troll =SSC=
Cadet

Posted: 2004-12-28 17:44   
This is a idea i came up with.Its a Troop Transport ship pretty much but it uses a Dread Hull,it has room for 12infantry units,and more importantly it is heavily armed and armored.
The ALS's laser battery can,while in orbit of a planet,support its troops on the ground with orbital strike beams on demand (infantry forces will request fire missions on FleetCom and your ships crew will automatically provide fire support and u will gain pres for providing support)and can launch air to ground fighter aircraft to provide air support.

It will be able to carry Marine,Infantry,Heavy Infantry,and Armored units (marine and Armored units are planned last time i checked)
here is the ship specs for ICC as an example (can be changed)
M-420 Amphious Landing Craft,Fleet
Dreadnought Class
Weaponry
4 Cl-550 full mount
2CL-2000 full mount
8 Orbit to Surface plasma turrets 4 on each side of ship
4 fighter squadrons
Armor and Engines
2 Heavy armor full
1 active shield on each side 1 full
4 IE drive
ECM
Fusion Reactor 1500
Tachyon Drive

would be very nice to have a strong tranny for once.Even better if it could help out our boys planetside with something that is more precise than mirvs or bios.
Tell me what yall think of this idea.

Email A Troll =SSC=
BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2004-12-28 17:47   
So your saying you want ICC it to be more defensive than any ICC ship.

Is better than the CD...

And have more fighters than any of your ships.....

I dont think this is a good idea, plus faustus said he isnt taking anymore player sugestions :/

philll
Admiral

Posted: 2004-12-28 17:54   
that thing is a bit to well armed but a nice idea

A Troll =SSC=
Cadet

Posted: 2004-12-28 18:01   
This ship would be Human only kluthie have enough advantages (UGTO Flux on all ships for instance)It would come in smaller variants with the smaller ones either having downsized orbital weaponry or no orbital weaponry at all.It would be able to hold its own if attacked and the orbit to ground guns can be turned on enemy ships and mess them up quite bad

Email A Troll =SSC=
Tbone
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2004-12-28 18:56   
Transports should be weak, that's why they aren't combat ships and... are transports.

And I think you are thinking too much into the bombing bit of this game. It would be nice to have more choice and more precise weapons when it comes to bombing, but what we have works for now. And it seems this ship would just become another solo capture ship.

Email Tbone
Daylight \"The Beginning\"
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2004-12-28 19:34   
Capturing planets is WAY to easy now... I see no reason to give any faction the ability to cap any planet anytime they want.

Email Daylight \
KanaDIEn ^_^
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2004-12-29 01:11   
ya...mousey is capping BD by himself as we speak right now

Email KanaDIEn ^_^
Sops
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2004-12-29 03:17   
/caps CD by himself late one night

TheBumble
Cadet

Posted: 2004-12-29 03:44   
And again, good idea - per se

But like "the other's" had posted here...
to "uber", and to much of a "i can do everything, without a team"

A Troll =SSC=
Cadet

Posted: 2004-12-29 12:47   
understand one thing this ship cannot capture a planet by itself.The orbit to ground weapons can provide fire support for ground troops but it won't annhilate units by itself.
It will simply lend a hand in the capture of a planet by wiping out maybe a squad or platoon every now and then.Maybe knock out a few enemy fighters on the ground.It is not uber and the specs i posted are a rough draft of sort the specs can be changed to make it more fair but it isn't a one man capping ship.If there is no combat support it won't make it anywhere near the planet because it will be killed.

It is able to take on an enemy ship by itself but only a single ship not a hundread.And it has a few fighter squadrons to deliver presents to the enemy troops down below.
Any other suggestions.

Email A Troll =SSC=
Tbone
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2004-12-29 14:54   
Why wouldn't it make it anywhere near the planet? It's a dreadnought. A transport can make it to a planet with plenty of hull to spare.

Email Tbone
philll
Admiral

Posted: 2004-12-29 16:07   
maybe a special dread that dosent have the Honeycomb hull structure build but maybe a lot weaker like a tarnny

Pakhos[+R]
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2004-12-29 16:34   
Quote:

I dont think this is a good idea, plus faustus said he isnt taking anymore player sugestions :/

bah!!!!!!

Pakhos[+R]
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2004-12-29 16:35   
Quote:

On 2004-12-28 18:56, Tbone wrote:
Transports should be weak, that's why they aren't combat ships and... are transports.

if you take their offense system then give em some more armor and hull?

Cheshire Cat, Kitty BUM!
Vice Admiral
ExtraTerrestrial Space Bums

Posted: 2004-12-29 23:11   
personally i think that there should be more versatility in ship redesign, allowing more weapon combos ect.. like have only a few of the hardpoints specialized (like 4 armor slots or whatever) and have the rest generic. In other words if we had slot 1, slot 2, and slot 3 instead of beam 1,2 and 3, weapon 1,2 and 3... ect i think it would be cooler, and then we could do alot more ship design... also i think that if you pull off weapons it should count as cargo space (since the spot is empty). Then you could if you chose, heavy armor a dread, yank off most of the weapons, and basically have a very large transport, ect. I also think that ship mounted weapons should have some effect on planetside troops, and the more atmosphere the planet has should reduce it, so if its an airless moon you should have a fair amount of effect (like maybe say 1% - 5% damage to a groundside unit targeted depending on weapon) but only like 0%-2% on a planet with alot of atmosphere. this isnt alot of damage and i dont think it hurts the game, it just doesnt make alot of sense to be able to target an inf unit on the ground, and blast at it with a gunboat for an hour and the unit is still 100% lol. In summary we could build ships more like we want them and maybe be able to do SOMETHING to a planetside unit with non bomb weapons... but like its been mentioned our suggestions are unheeded anyways so this is pointless

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Page created in 0.025579 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR