No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +3.2 Hours

Search

Anniversaries

1st - Alamode

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Beta Testing Discussion » » A good way to change the SY
 Author A good way to change the SY
Beast
Cadet
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2004-12-29 16:06   
Would it be possible to make the SY so it can only recieve ships and not produce fresh stock ships? I Do beleive this was what the SY was intended for in the first place to store custom ships at the front lines.

If thats possible wouldnt it make sense to give the homegate for each race tobe able to spawn Stock ships of anykind again ? It seems to me trying to base the economy and resources into the SY for fresh ships wasnt worth the trade off for the older system.

Example: Lets say you want to hop to the battle front right away you click on a SY If you dont have any ships stored there it would say somthing in the order of " You Have No Ships Stored At This port/SY".

1. This solves the abuse of the SY with Mass Spawn and Spawn camping IE hovering over a gate changing ships everytime you get close to death.

2.It just simply makes more sense for fleets/ships having to travel through the MV instead of the Magic SY transport/spawn spree, Instant action crap.

Email Beast
Daylight \"The Beginning\"
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2004-12-29 16:26   
I like the concept.....maybe a bit more thought should go into this.

Email Daylight \
BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2004-12-30 07:35   
Do away with stock gates and make the home planets of each race almost impossible to cap.

Sorted.

Bobamelius
Grand Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-01-01 13:09   
The MV is no longer really designed for ships to have to travel through it, like the old one was, with all systems interconnected by jump gates (if there's a new MV map running that does this, forgive me because I haven't played in while.)

I love the idea of the homegate only being able to spawn ships, but perhaps with that, you could use any stored ship anywhere. Granted people will exploit this too by just modding up 6 asault dreads or whatnot, and spawning them one after another, but perhaps their inability to get any more ships after those are gone will be a sufficient deterrent to throwing away your ships.

Also, when a ship enters an SY there might be a 2-minute (or even 1-minute) timer that indicates when that ship could be spawned again, at another SY.

EXAMPLE: I spawn myself an EAD in Sol, go someplace to mod it up and fill it with troops. I then head to the nearest SY and enter it with my EAD. A timer appears on the screen showing how long is left before that particular ship can be spawned again. After waiting 1 or 2 minutes, I spawn it in an SY in a system where a battle is taking place.

Another idea: Blockaded planets can't use their SYs.

***If some of the stuff I've said here is out-of-date, I apologize but I only played about a month or two of 1.481/482.

Email Bobamelius
Xilaratu
Cadet

Posted: 2005-01-03 14:06   
GREAT ideas. I love em'!

[ This Message was edited by: Darkspacian on 2005-01-03 16:54 ]

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-01-03 16:49   
Darkspacian dont post anything here unless its helpfull..... :/

Ragglock
Marshal
BIOnics Industry Syndicate

Posted: 2005-01-04 05:34   

i see no problem with this surgestion

for travel we have wh options on hives / stations / icc jc or just long jump (not so hard as you think)

as for my self currently i allmost never spawn stock ships into battel and never mod in battel zones

i actuly prefer to build low tech sy in systems where the battel takes place and spawn my stock ships away from the hot zones.

mabye some would stop allways acusing me of sy abuse just becaus sometimes i change modded / stored ships up to 10 times in a battel

LOVE the smell of human flesh in the morning smells like MVictory

Goto the website of Ragglock
Page created in 0.013228 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR