No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +12.0 Hours

Search

Anniversaries

1st - Alamode

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Azreal's Beta Challenge
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
 Author Azreal's Beta Challenge
Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2005-01-01 11:11   
With all the belly aching over the way the game runs right now, many probably don't realize EXACTLY what is coming down the pipe in the very near future.

Many of the thing people have beenn complaining about are already fixed, and the patches are in beta, ready for testing.

BUT WHERE ARE THE TESTERS????

Will this patch be implemented without YOUR IMPUT?? It's like voting; if you don't bother to do it, don't bitch about the end result.

So, for all those who said that you wanted changes in the game, I am challenging you all to get your butts into the beta server today and run the patches. The dev team and Faustus need OUR input to better give us a product we want to play and enjoy.

Forget about the MV for a day. Just play beta for a whole day, and let's test this patch and see what we get from it.

I can say that having played beta just for a bit, I've realized that this game is really about to change in some VERY dramatic ways.

So, for the whole day, I challenge all Dark Spacers to help in the beta server and test the patch.

=Azreal=

Email Azreal   Goto the website of Azreal
BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-01-01 11:22   
Im on all the time...hence my high play time

Im making a combat map for beta so that perhaps F can put it up for the soul purpose of ship testing.

[ This Message was edited by: BackSlash {FA!} on 2005-01-01 11:27 ]

FlyD4wn
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2005-01-01 11:38   
well I didi play it but I dont have my own rank so I cant really test..

Email FlyD4wn
Daylight \"The Beginning\"
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2005-01-01 12:29   
If you don't have rank over in beta ask in the forum in beta. Theres a special post just to have your rank ported over.

I to have played a lot of beta, Lag is nearly 0. game play is very different and it looks great.

GET OVER THERE WHINERES!

Email Daylight \
Ham&Swiss
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2005-01-01 15:02   
Question: How do play in the beta place? I have looked and looked, maybe i'm blind, but could someone tell me?

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-01-01 15:08   
on the bottom right of the darkspace website, there is a network select box. click on DarkSpace Beta, and it will load the darkspace beta website, where you can click download (on the left like it is now) to download the darkspace beta client which is about 37.2 meg I think.

Fatal Command (CO)
Marshal
Fatal Squadron

From: over here in New York noticing some ppl are like canoes.....they need to be paddled.
Posted: 2005-01-01 15:09   
have to download the beta client and ppl take it from me , some MAJOR changes coming that could mean death or sucess of your ship.so better come figuer it out.

Email Fatal Command (CO)
Shippo
1st Rear Admiral

Posted: 2005-01-01 18:32   
Heck, I'd love to beta test the 1.483 patch but.. I gotta problem with that. *points over to 'Midshipman'.. I'm unsubbed and I can't sub again right now. Blame my mom for that.. Oh well. But, at least I still log on to keep my account for that ONE day I will sub again and play DS once more.

Email Shippo
Mithrandir
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2005-01-01 18:47   
Anyone who has posted in the Beta Rank Requests thread on the beta side now has rank; sorry for the delay in doing so. If you'd like some rank as well and haven't been given any yet, post over there. I'll check again tomorrow and monday (after that I'm on vacation for a bit).

Email Mithrandir
Fatal Command (CO)
Marshal
Fatal Squadron

From: over here in New York noticing some ppl are like canoes.....they need to be paddled.
Posted: 2005-01-01 20:44   
you DO NOT have to be subbed to play beta....just ask in the beta prestige post to have rank transfered to beta....then get in and test

Email Fatal Command (CO)
Doran
Chief Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-01-01 21:11   
Instant high ranking officer in a beta test for a massivly multiplayer online space sim: $0.00 in bribes to admins
Not being able to use rank because you're still a [Demo]: Priceless

Mithrandir
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2005-01-02 01:26   
I thought red servers didn't matter with that. Can you not join the server - did you test it? - or are you just saying that from history?

Email Mithrandir
Shippo
1st Rear Admiral

Posted: 2005-01-02 02:31   
Quote:

On 2005-01-01 20:44, Fatal Command *CO* wrote:
you DO NOT have to be subbed to play beta....just ask in the beta prestige post to have rank transfered to beta....then get in and test

I know that.. I do have some prestige when I asked about it some time ago. Ever since I got unsubbed, I'm ALL the way back to Midshipman. Just check on the BETA side for my profile there. Then you'll see. I haven't had time to resub and my mom is being too 'cheap' on me right now... oh well. I'll sub again one day and play again.

Email Shippo
Fatal Command (CO)
Marshal
Fatal Squadron

Posted: 2005-01-02 03:48   
then just ask Shig.......May I plaese have a rank of capt or better?......Im sure he would oblige if you were in testing in beta....better yet...

SHIG.....could you please give shippo the rank of captain.

there......asked.....
now wait and see.

Email Fatal Command (CO)
Shigernafy
Admiral

Posted: 2005-01-02 04:02   
He already is a Vice Admiral on beta.

You don't need a subscription to play on beta, so it doesn't matter if you're subscribed here or there or anywhere.

And the lack of a visible rank doesn't mean anything if your account still shows stats. Just login on beta and join a game and your rank will return, as it does on the release side.

[Edit] - Just had a thought. I think you can join servers without being RELEASE over there, but maybe it locks you in at Midshipman? I don't know for certain, as I'm not sure on the rules for that sort of thing anymore, plus my account is an Admin on beta, and Admins can take out all ships regardless of rank - so its impossible for me to test.
If that's the problem, let me know, and I'll see if I can either change the rules, or flip release flags too.

[ This Message was edited by: Shigernafy on 2005-01-02 04:04 ]

Email Shigernafy
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Page created in 0.020818 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR