No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +5.4 Days

Search

Anniversaries

21th - Chubba

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » Perhaps a different "quick" travel way for Kluth.
 Author Perhaps a different "quick" travel way for Kluth.
Axianda The Royal
Fleet Admiral
Terra Squadron

Posted: 2005-01-04 17:17   
Now i've been watching a new Manga show *great for ideas* and i saw something cool....

some dark void the cut thru the sky letting the enemy in, and i thought wow why dont the Kluth have that.

Kluth use the same thing humans do.... Wormholes but to my understanding in the DS wormhole history these are made by machines.
Now since Kluth use organic things this didnt sound right.

so here is the deal, Kluth figured out the basics but they couldnt make it instant travel.

it would be like 100x faster than the AMJ but it would still take time to get there.

now they also found a side effect.

when they tried to open theyr first "Rift" they noticed the color was from black on the outside to deep red in the center and *here it comes* it DIDNT show up on sensors.

you could see it with your eye's but sensors couldnt see it untill you got close.
This adds to the Kluth stealth style.

the big problem was that the rift would become very unstable when near planetary bodies, so it has to be put WELL beyond planetary reach.

also the range isnt that large as the Wormhole but it makes that up in speed wich is countered by high power drain.

in short a "rift" that can send ships "fast" over a relative "large" distance but takes a hell of a load of power to regenerate.

I think it would suit em well, but i dont know if you Dev's have time to code this * or the guts *

also and this is from Rocko's fiction.... if a ship is INSIDE a rift when it closes its GONE.... however you should be able to abort the rift by a simple press of the button *like stopping JD*

boy did that sound complicated

have fun

- Axi

Bobamelius
Grand Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-01-08 11:06   
Sounds pretty cool, except for the 'losing your ship' part.

Email Bobamelius
Macbeth
Cadet

Posted: 2005-01-08 16:32   
Quote:

you could see it with your eye's but sensors couldnt see it untill you got close.
This adds to the Kluth stealth style.

nahhh..... i already dont like kluth cloak... and now also invisible WH ? how many strategic advantages we give at kluth ?

Goto the website of Macbeth
BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-01-08 19:32   
They have nimby...I say thats compensation enough...

DarkOutlaw-S|S-
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2005-01-08 21:29   
now we can add a misjump to the humans to make it realistic

b/c in real life we prob wouldnt b very accurate with wh jumps...

the idea sounds pretty cool to me

hope the dev's put it in for us to try out...

Zepher
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2005-02-02 22:49   
WH plotting is not accurate. no matter how well you "ploted" your WH, it is always off. Sometimes, my WH plots are off by 2K gu's... -.- I hate it when that happens. Back on subject. If the K'Luth have organic ships, then the "born with" tech should stay K'Luth and not used by the human factions and vice versa. Yes, I remember the time when I was using K'Luth ships, I loved using human tech weapons with a punch, (Fang scout with one CL2K and 2 Fusion torps, just to start it off) it can over take (in a pack of 4) a cruiser. That was overkill. Auto repair is cool in some situations. I believe that was the idea on having K'Luth race. It is alien and they have an edge. The disrupters use WAY too much power to be confined to the realm of weapon choice. Poor power usage leads to a fast jump in and shot twice and jump out, kinda fight. Kinda reminds me of the drive by shootings at the local convienance store. Jump in packs, shoot wildly, and see if you can grab a AME or two before jumping away. Power balance should not be the issue, but a thing to strive for. the Luth have superior weapons, the humans develop better defences to counter it and punch with new-er powered up weapon. I really love this game, but since the luth lost their punch, (btw, i switched to UGTO WAY before the changes) to help out the human factions. Yes, I noticed that the Luth had a nack for devastating all of my EAD's (modded) before I could kill that one luth Siphon. I say roll back the clock and give the luth the CL2K tech back! This has gone WAY off topic, so I better shut up now. I am ready to get flamed now by everyone, so of course, feel free to do so.

Email Zepher
BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-02-03 07:08   
Less wormholes imho. Dont do the game anygood.

Page created in 0.012614 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR