No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +9.2 Hours

Search

Anniversaries

1st - Alamode

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Stupid Random Thought for improving ds
 Author Stupid Random Thought for improving ds
Purpura
Cadet

From: Living on top of a tiki hut bar enjoying the sun and the ocean
Posted: 2005-01-07 03:16   
lets give something to the faction who captures the mv like pres or a week of free play time r something this would add some drive to the game and i would imagine that every 1 would want to reap these rewards so it would probably increase mv activity we could also limit these rewards to certain people that haven't swiched factions in a set time period or just limit them to the fleets of the faction this would reduce faction hopping and if limited to the fleets would insrease the number of active fleets

after all shouldnt the masters of the universe get something besides just a congratz on the home page?

Email Purpura
TheBumble
Cadet

Posted: 2005-01-07 05:30   
From the first sight, the idea is not that bad

i keep it in mind, but if "we" use it, then it will be after the balancing

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-01-07 05:42   
keep in mind with the kluth as they are...

UGTO and ICC would need to do some serious owning and get a HEAP of luck to win.

Lord DowneyBUM (UK)
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2005-01-07 06:45   
Initial reaction is yeas a good idea, but you may well get the man utd syndrome, with players just supporting the stongest side to the detriment of other factions.
I feel a loyalty bonus may be better, but how that would be formulated, only palestar knows.

Goto the website of Lord DowneyBUM (UK)
philll
Admiral

Posted: 2005-01-07 09:08   
i think this would be a really good idea and then alot more people will play mv resulting in major fleet actions and a better game/mv

Purpura
Cadet

Posted: 2005-01-07 17:02   
well thx and yes i do realize the balencing issues but at least they dont have access to the cl2k ne more and im sure the dev team is already very busy with the current projects but i just wanted them to consider adding somemore reason to capping the mv besides the glory and mabe some1 else has some ideas on how to do this ne way its out of my head and in to yours now ( its amazing what you can accomplish when you r sleeping in English class isnt it?)

Email Purpura
Bobamelius
Grand Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-01-07 18:05   
It's even more amazing what you can accomplish if you're awake in English class.

Email Bobamelius
Enterprise
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2005-01-07 19:03   
Inded a good idea.

However, the idea itself may be unfair to a faction getting totally and utterly owned (either due to the lack of players or else not the strength) and as such, it would prevent the incentive to play the MV.

Indeed, we need to look at the idea of prestige itself.

Prestige. In itself, represents how well you are known and respected, the basic thing is the good actions earn prestige while bas actions lose prestige.

While the normal ways of getting prestige are pretty set into solid rock, it must be known that there should be other prestige bonuses related to a team acting...well...as a team! As M16 suggested, the winning faciton would have to work together to maintain such a bonus in prestige.

The idea of a faction getting a lump sum of bonus prestige due to their efforts means that the bonus would have to be divided evenly throughout the entire faction, or else, those who assisted in the factions well being (capturing planets, destroying ships etc, etc,) meaning that the server would have to keep track of every single person who assisted in capturiing (or defending, we can't forget that bonuses should be given on the defence of planets and/or ships) every single planet on the fly.

Thats alot of data.

But the variables would have to be calculated as well...how it was captured...how long it took..what was destroyed..etc. etc. meaning that the servers would spend more time calculating how much bonus prestige every person would get than actually focusing on the gameplay itself.

Does this mean it can't happen -- In all truth...Im half asleep and really don't know (I can't seem to get my mind to thing of pros and cons of such a prospect). To be blunt, it would mean that those people who actually helped in a team to bring the entire faction foreward would be rewarded based on not only how well the faction is doing as a whole but how much an effort is being made by those who are doing the work (so that those who chose not to help and persue other interests would recieve no extras or penalties unless their actions did not help the faction.)

This alone brings a new element into the Darkspace system..making it closer RPG-like for this could spark such a whole new set of possibilitys that could happen...

So broad this is isnt it?

-Ent

Dempster
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2005-01-07 21:28   
something to push people into capping the whole mv might help the game, as now when u do it u get nothing

Jar Jar Binks
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2005-01-07 21:36   
Quote:

On 2005-01-07 06:45, Lord Downey wrote:
Initial reaction is yeas a good idea, but you may well get the man utd syndrome, with players just supporting the stongest side to the detriment of other factions.
I feel a loyalty bonus may be better, but how that would be formulated, only palestar knows.

or have the loyalty bonus work in conjunction(sp?) to how long uve been in the faction when they capture the MV. the longer the more pres.. and im talking LONG time for it to even be worth it.. switching factions like 2 weeks before the cap would not help imo.. make it so ppl dont get any cap bonus if they havent been in that faction for ATLEAST 2 months. that would in my humble oppinion keep the faction hoppers at bay.

Jar Jar Binks
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2005-01-07 21:37   
Quote:

On 2005-01-07 21:28, Dempster wrote:
something to push people into capping the whole mv might help the game, as now when u do it u get nothing

lies! u get whined at for being overpowered/using cheap tactics etc etc... thats atleast something innit??

Novacat
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2005-01-08 06:46   
To be blunt, its a good idea at first thought, but like many had already said, people would simply hop to the winning faction en masse. I do think that you need a certain amount of Command/Influence points to be 'Elgible' for such a reward. Therefore, until the Command/Influence system comes into play, this just will be like giving everybody a free week.

Goto the website of Novacat
Purpura
Cadet

Posted: 2005-01-08 16:07   
hmmm i see ur point but we could base the rewards off of the pres they gained during their time on the faction so if every 1 just went over to 1 side no1 would get much of a reward but then mabe we would have to add a stat to the profile page something like "pres gained in mv since last reset/faction switch" so if they changed factions they would have to start at 0 so faction hopping would have a price attached

Email Purpura
Page created in 0.023741 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR