No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +5.2 Days

Search

Anniversaries

21th - Chubba

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Beta Testing Discussion » » [BUGS]Bug Reports for 9th Jan- present
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
 Author [BUGS]Bug Reports for 9th Jan- present
Drafell
Grand Admiral
Mythica

Posted: 2005-01-10 09:50   
Post any bugs that you find in this thread.
Please number any bugs reported here sequencially from the last posted bug(as below). It should make it easier for us testers to keep track.
Please check the list below before posting reports.

1) **NOW FIXED**You can still fire all weapons out of your right rear firearc, except when tested with the new EAD the 2 fore mounted CL Std were not able to fire, although that may be due to range.
- Verified

2) **NOW FIXED**All newly fitted devices have tech level of zero. Tried removing and refitting the armor which works fine except its level is reduced to 0 thus losing the effectiveness.
- Verified

3) **NOW FIXED**No minimum range for mirv bombs
- Verified

4) **NOW FIXED**Update downloads new files everytime you leave the game or begin a new one.
Not reproduced

5) To much text when right clicking on a device, I right clicked on the IT missile and there was to much text, the Device type/level was dropped down off the screen.
- Right-clicking on items for their description sometimes results in the information window 'leaving the screen' because it's too big. Annoying because the important stuff (weapon type/level) is on the bottom part that usually gets snipped off.
- Verified

6) Bombs seem to time out way before they hit the target, seems the range exeeds the survival time.
- Verified

7) When mining and you drop metals while beam is on it will not begin again, gotta turn of the beam and back on to resume mining again.
- Verified

8) Unloaded 1 inf by pressing on it on Okag, as i moved to drop the other inf on the next planet i was unable to even when i was 50Gu away from planet. ** NOT BEEN ABLE TO DUPLICATE BUG **
- Caused due to a bug in that particular map when all gates have a Safe Zone

9) Cant seem to launch the last bomb in my slot
- Not been able to reproduce - requires further testing

10) *from placebo* In "Scenario : Epsilion Eri, can the ICC take total control of the sector?" was unable to unload infantry on Olaf and Quiddy. This was tested by myself and Axianda.
- See report 8. Issue with map

11) QST seems has a flaw, at least what i believe to be a bug/flaw: When fired, if you attempt to detonate, the bomb simply disappears, and the weapons does NOT recharge in any way on your ship. If you attempt to fire another QST, it simply does not appear to fire, yet the power in the QST system drains completely AS THOUGH IT HAD been fired, and has to recharge, doing the usual power drain on the energy reserve. If any of this is by design, please note, and if not, please note otherwise. I'm curious as to if the power usage is by design or not.
- Not verified

12) MV map on beta side does not properly represent planets owned by the factions. For instance I although i'm ICC on release side, capped 14 planets on ugto in beta. After leaving the server, i checked the map and it showed ugto as owning NO planets, ICC had 14, k'luth 9 (by map default), and then it lists the ICC again, this time saying ICC owns 0 planets... kinda weird.
- Verified - Map doesn't update immediately

13) MEKO: when im in lobby i click play and the GCQL drop away like usual, but the beta game doesnt come up. not even the "checking for new files"
- Unable to reproduce - possibly installation issue

14) apparently you can build builds now but they have no symbol
- Not verified

15) on the icc bomber dread you have an empty special slot
- Verified

16) Mariano: sometimes DS just shuts down when i am in a server. OS Win XP
- Unable to reproduce

17) Mariano: Win XP - this comes very often

- Possibly tied with report 16

18) selecting a ship via gate; long load time to initialize the ship.
- Verified

19) If a depot is deactiveated while repairing a ship, depot continues repairs
- Verified

20) Infantry dropped on a an enemy planet with 32 enemy infantry just disappear.
- Verified

21) If you right click on infantry on your ship you get the option to load (L button) the inf, and if you click on it it will say "Loading Infantry":

Not a major bug or anything, just an interface glitch I thought I'd mention.

22) I was able to see Kluth ships cloaked when they were damaged enough, i was able to see the white plasma smoke ships get when damaged.

23) When in the garage selecting a ship that ship can take out ALL items in your storage.
For instance a scout with 1 cargo capacity can take out the full item storage.
- Verified

24) Manual detonation for Mines seems to be offline, they vanish but dont blow up or cause damage

25) Pulse wave doenst seem to affect Torps *AM*
**edit** they work on the ICC M7 Fighters. **

26) Missiles in general seem to have a REALY HARD time hitting ships.
However i have seen something weird in this as well, if i launch a missile at a ship 99% of the time it misses, BUT if the ship jumps out the Auto target system comes into play making it select a new target *damn my idea worked nicely *
This time however the missiles have NO trouble at all hitting ships, could there be a conflict somewhere? between these systems?

27) There seems to be an issue with cloak and eccm, at under 50 gu then each time eccm triggers (friendly or enemy) it will temporarily decloak you and raise your sig to 3, then it drops back down. At ranges over 50 gu then it works somewhat sporadically. Is this an intended effect?

28) When using a scanner to paint targets and then bombimg, if you subsequently turn off the scanner, the bombs self-destruct.
I always thought our bombs were fire and forget....
If it's by design, that means that if you destroy a bomber before its' bombs hit then all its' launched bombs would SD...

29) not much of a bug, when a ship is cloaked and u look at a planet, the planet is transparent in a way u can see the scenery (the part of theplanet where the camera is facingbeing blocked by the ship).

30) in Standard UGTO Mining ship.
Replaced tractor beam with mining beam
Small graphical error occuired the point where the mining beam that I replaced from the tractor beam comes out of the hull is about 5 gu off the hull. Thus, it looks like the mining beam starts about 5 gu in front of my ship, floating in space.

31) icc line station ion cannons dont grey out at out-of-range

32) Defense Bases still register Friendlies in the vicinity as friendlies after the planet has been capped. Only scrapping the DB sets the friendlies as enemy.
ex.
ICC build Defense Base on planet X. UGTO capture X. Defense Base on X still registers ICC ships in the vicinity as friendly.
Tested with only the engy being there and also with multiple ICC ships.
The only way to lift it atm is to destroy the Defense Base or the Ships present. Warping out or pausing the DB does not reset it.

33) Particle Cannon has losts its button graphic.

34) The UGTO Support Station is listed twice in ship selection, and clicking on one button makes both flash. Unable to select the Battle Station atm due to this.

35) sorta. teh kluth mandy has a psi cannon (fore/right) with 10 rounds ammo, shoots some sort of missile pair using the psi bolt sprite. whazzat?
http://img24.exs.cx/img24/3152/000000183vu.jpg

36) cant swap a device for same device, ie 1 reactor 1500 (L0) for another reactor 1500 (L0). think that might acutally be a "feature" though...
you also cant swal a device slot more than once unless you use a shipyard and respawn, then it seems to unlock and allows you to change it again.

37) more parts clones in ports, psi cannons this time. same except for about a 5000 credit price difference

38) the gang (mandy too i think) comes with red-trail AR missiles. any ARs from a port have the standard blue trails, both L0.

39) Don't know if this has been reported: While playing ICC noticed that ECM and ECCM had the same effect...they both raised my sig.

[ This Message was edited by: Drafell Moraxi(Cookie Sensei) on 2005-02-16 11:26 ]

Goto the website of Drafell
Doran
Chief Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-01-10 22:01   
if a depot is deactiveated while repairing a ship, depot continues repairs
not much of a bug, but i can see how it could be exploited

Axianda The Royal
Fleet Admiral
Terra Squadron

Posted: 2005-01-11 06:01   
Well here's my list again, please lock my 2nd opinion topic

5) To much text when right clicking on a device, I right clicked on the IT missile and there was to much text, the Device type/level was dropped down off the screen.

6) Bombs seem to time out way before they hit the target, seems the range exeeds the survival time

7) When mining and you drop metals while beam is on it will not begin again, gotta turn of the beam and back on to resume mining again.

8 ) Unloaded 1 inf by pressing on it on Okag, as i moved to drop the other inf on the next planet i was unable to even when i was 50Gu away from planet. ** NOT BEEN ABLE TO DUPLICATE BUG **

9) Cant seem to launch the last bomb in my slot

10) *from placebo* In "Scenario : Epsilion Eri, can the ICC take total control of the sector?" was unable to unload infantry on Olaf and Quiddy. This was tested by myself and Axianda.

and i was wondering who that mysterious player #1 is in the servers... he's always in there..

[ This Message was edited by: Axianda *XO* on 2005-01-11 06:42 ]

- Axi

Mersenne Twister
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2005-01-11 14:07   
well its lobbyghost obviously. thats where hes been hiding

we kinda need some brave soul to sort thru all the bug threads and complile them all into one, and lock/delete the rest

[ This Message was edited by: FireMoth on 2005-01-11 14:08 ]

I wouldn't screw with it if I were you. The doctor already holds you in poor favor. Messing with this might really fry his shorts.

Bobamelius
Grand Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-01-12 17:01   
Not really a bug, just an annoyance:

Right-clicking on items for their description sometimes results in the information window 'leaving the screen' because it's too big. Annoying because the important stuff (weapon type/level) is on the bottom part that usually gets snipped off.

Email Bobamelius
Wyke {ThorsHammer}
Cadet

Posted: 2005-01-12 17:59   

Generally like the slightly slow pace of combat, thinking and strategy are now more important.

The chime when mouse over compoents is irritating.

When a ship is spawned from sy it seem to do it twice in quick succession.

Missiles seem to have a minimum range. (This could be intentional).

Cloud bombing is impossible, bombs are faster than most ships, except surprising the heavy transports.

When buying tech you lose the money but dont gain the tech. (This was ame drives from an icc factory, when i was UGTO.

It is nearly impossible to damage icc reactive shields with ugto partical cannons, (UGTO Assault Destroyer vs ICC Combat Destroyer).

The QST, seems to drain all the energy from reserves but doesnt actually appear to charge up any. Reserves stay at zero until QST has finished charging at an apparently steady rate. When does the QST do, as far as i could see it seems to have no effect on enemy ships.

The EAD is completely Uber when compared to the Assault Dread. Is the AD going to see a similar upgrade.

Email Wyke {ThorsHammer}
Strategery
Grand Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2005-01-13 15:24   
11. QST seems has a flaw, at least what i believe to be a bug/flaw: When fired, if you attempt to detonate, the bomb simply disappears, and the weapons does NOT recharge in any way on your ship. If you attempt to fire another QST, it simply does not appear to fire, yet the power in the QST system drains completely AS THOUGH IT HAD been fired, and has to recharge, doing the usual power drain on the energy reserve. If any of this is by design, please note, and if not, please note otherwise. I'm curious as to if the power usage is by design or not.

In the current QST as tested on the UGTO EAD, power drain is as would be expected on all systems, except the QST, albeit a new system in the game, it seems to use far too much energy reserve.

[S.W] Grand Admiral Strategery
ICC Master Battle Strategist (ret.)
Proud Commander of the C.S.S. Ticonderoga

Email Strategery
Strategery
Grand Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2005-01-13 15:32   
12. MV map on beta side does not properly represent planets owned by the factions. For instance I although i'm ICC on release side, capped 14 planets on ugto in beta. After leaving the server, i checked the map and it showed ugto as owning NO planets, ICC had 14, k'luth 9 (by map default), and then it lists the ICC again, this time saying ICC owns 0 planets... kinda weird.

[S.W] Grand Admiral Strategery
ICC Master Battle Strategist (ret.)
Proud Commander of the C.S.S. Ticonderoga

Email Strategery
Meko
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2005-01-14 07:25   
13: when im in lobby i click play and the GCQL drop away like usual, but the beta game doesnt come up. not even the "checking for new files"

(i reinstalled already, trying re download now)

Email Meko
Nim *
Chief Marshal
Courageous Elite Commandos

Posted: 2005-01-15 09:01   
I got jump allignment bug when i was near a friendly planet. This is the most annying bug I've ever encounterd as i died several times in non beta cause of this.

This happened twice, first time i fixed it cause i was near the sy and i just used it to fix, second time I was about 1200gu away from anyplanet so had to log to fix fit

Mariano (peace)
Cadet

Posted: 2005-01-16 12:30   
14: apparently you can build builds now but they have no symbol

15: on the icc bomber dread you have an empty special slot

16: sometimes DS just shuts down when i am in a server. OS Win XP

17: Win XP
this comes very often

[ This Message was edited by: Mariano (peace) on 2005-01-16 12:41 ]

Admiral Alucard (2IC)
Marshal
Exathra Alliance Fleet

Posted: 2005-01-16 14:20   
Most of the ICC ships have sheilds but they wont register..and the wepons and bombs will only fire from the back

[ This Message was edited by: -Cruxshadows- on 2005-01-16 14:21 ]

Quod nos non interficit, nos fortiores facitrnrn

Email Admiral Alucard (2IC)
BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-01-17 11:36   
Guys please note none of the ship engines/drives have been done yet so all ships WILL be slow untill they are implimented. No matter how many times I tell people this it doesnt seem to get through....:/

Ospolos
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2005-01-19 15:41   
selecting a ship via gate; long load time to initialize the ship.

could be my comp, but doesnt do it in DS, only in DSBeta

Axianda The Royal
Fleet Admiral
Terra Squadron

Posted: 2005-01-19 17:23   
Would be good if there was a lil post about what has been fixed so we can test it out to make sure * if you had the time to check the probs that is *

- Axi

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
Page created in 0.022422 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR