No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
04/27/24 +7.2 Hours

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Soap Box » » I had hoped this day would never come... And it hasn't!
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
 Author I had hoped this day would never come... And it hasn't!
Sardaukar
Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2005-01-21 15:49   
Well slap a chicken and paint me red! I asked for a miracle and, by gaifen, I got one. The results are back from American General. The house was reappraised by them for $115,000 ($25000 more than the Sheriff's crew), and they've agreed to help us. For a mere $850 ($150 more than before : /), we get to keep the house. We can refinance in three years for a lower rate, but we have to keep the house spotless until then. They'll be inspecting it every three months for awhile. I'm Staying Here!!!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EDIT: It occurred to me that most people probably won't recognize me by this newer login. I've gone through quite a few... Spatch, Sturmfaust, Vicious Penguin, and Wolfram.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm sure you've all heard me, at one time or another, go into a grief session and describe the financial trouble of my family involving the irreplacable ~$25,000. I had been there when the first court summons arrived, and all mom would tell me was that it would probably happen after Christmas '04. As far as I know, that summons was dismissed, or is about to be executed.

At around two o'clock today, the county sheriff arrived with an appraisal crew and a statement from GMAC detailing the foreclosure of the loan, or something like that. Mom thought that they had a repayment plan set up, but that seems to not be the case now. We owe them around $8,000, and now they've come to collect their dues.

We're going to have to move, unless some miracle can let keep this house. I don't when it'll happen or where we'll go, and I don't know if I'll ever be able to return here. I'm making this post now, while I can, because I'm not sure if the loaners will repossess some of our belongings.

And now the paragraph I had hoped I'd never have to type...

It's been an amazing two years here. Almost half of my friends in this life were met here, and a good deal of what I consider friends I'd trust my life with. I've been affected in ways I can never fully describe; some bad, but most were good. I'm going to continue making trimonthly payments from my own paychecks to keep my account alive, and to help keep this place alive as well as such a paltry amount can. There are so many people here I would like to thank and give my regards to, although I fear that in making a list, I would undoubtedly forget some people and make them feel unjustly wronged. If you think that I considered you a friend even in the most remotest sense of the word, and were not listed here, my deepest apologies. This list is in no particular order. Honestly, I would list everyone here if I could, save for a choice few whom I shall leave unannounced but probably know who they are.

Admiral Jimmy
Bobamelius
Gideon & Coleen
Grimith J. Reaper
Demorian
Lith Ragond
Tbone
AdmBito
Selvarian
Octurion
Drafell Moraxi
Josef
Rogue Spear
Jackswift
Depthcharge
fLiPPeR
Space Ghost
Barthezzz
Axianda
Banshee
Agent Fritz
Queen Quistis
Backslash & Rachel
Raiders (Haokah)
Acyllius
RedXIII
Noodle
Skuriti
Spaivxx
Kaiser Soze
Armand
|2eason
Caveman
Kahless
Pizza The Hut
Trevize Astari
Tragicx
Tech Raines
Rocketeer
Lark of Eternity
Stromberg Moon
Monty Chestbonz
Juxtapose
Shigernafy
Max Kepler
Sunshine
TheBumble
Chromix
Hussaro
The Evil Griffin
Dr. Evil Bob
Rexielis
Taelron
Firekka
Griller_GT
Duo
Trunks

Anyone and everyone in the Evil Fleet, S.W Fleet, GDI Fleet, Agents Fleet, TK Fleet whom I served with during my time in those fleets, and my friends in the GTN Fleet, Dev Team, eXS Fleet, Leviathan Fleet, and the Raven Fleet.

I'm truly sorry if I forgot anyone, it's hard to think clearly right now.

And so, I say farewell while I definitely can, unless something good happens... I'll be on if I can in the future, with a more defined resolution to this. Maybe this will be resolved well and I can come back. We might get into one of the better apartments in town with cable, or we might even be able to keep the house. I'm just posting this while I can.

[ This Message was edited by: Sardaukar on 2005-01-21 18:29 ]

[ This Message was edited by: Sardaukar on 2005-01-25 16:31 ]

[small][ This Message was edited by: Sardaukar on 2005-02-18 17:24 ][/small]

[ This Message was edited by: Sardaukar on 2005-02-18 17:34 ]

Axianda The Royal
Fleet Admiral
Terra Squadron

Posted: 2005-01-21 16:00   
well what can i say....

Im honored to be on yet list, hope all will work out for you and your family.

hope to see you pop in occasionally

- Axi

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-01-21 16:04   
IT has been an true HONOUR to fly with you and know you sard, and an even bigger honour to be able to call you a friend.

I shall miss you friend.

JackSwift
Cadet
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2005-01-21 16:05   
That friggin' stinks. I'm sure everyone that belongs to this beloved DS community wishes that things will turn out for the best. Godspeed and good luck to you, Sard.

\"Errare Human Est.\"

Email JackSwift
kenetiks
Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-01-21 16:07   
Man I hate to see that happen to anyone. I've been there before. The larger companies never like to work things out. Sorry this happened to your family, best of luck to you.

Safe travels

Email kenetiks   Goto the website of kenetiks
Strom"DaBum"Moon
Cadet
ExtraTerrestrial Space Bums

Posted: 2005-01-21 17:25   
Thats a lot to have to deal with. I understand how that can feel, one door closed, ten new open. May this year be better than the last.

Bobamelius
Grand Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-01-21 17:56   
*Sniff*

A lot of old names on that list, ones that I which were still around... and it looks like yours may become one as well.

I hope everything works out for you and your family, mine has been through its share of financial problems too.

Hope to still see you around, bud.

/me gives Spatch the l33t Ohio handshake...

Email Bobamelius
Hellza - master
Cadet

Posted: 2005-01-21 18:10   
Sad to hear this

Email Hellza - master
.spaivxx.
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2005-01-21 18:14   
I wish you the best, it must be a very rough time for you and your family.

Also, I am noticing I never make anybody's DS list.

Coleseus
Cadet

Posted: 2005-01-21 18:42   
Hmmm. Wish you all the best with the current problem your facing. Sounds like it's going to be a tough time for your family.

Bandit
Cadet

Posted: 2005-01-21 23:12   
Sard, Tell your mother to file chapter 7 bankruptcy NOW!!! It will stop the forclosure and you may be able to keep your house!!

James Bum007
Grand Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2005-01-22 00:39   
Best of luck to you and your family, hope everything gets better for you.

Email James Bum007
Banshee
Grand Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2005-01-22 06:12   
Jon.. I dont know what to say bro..

Thats just completely unfair.. theres plenty of people who deserve that &*@&**$? to happen to them, but youve never done wrong to anyone.. I cant understand that.

But hey bro, like always, you've pulled through, and I have no doubt that you and your folks are gonna bounce right back from this either.

I know I'll be seeing you soon, so I wont say goodbye, I'll say have a good bit of time off.

All the best mate.

Linna Yamazaka {Vice Admiral}
Vice Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2005-01-22 06:23   
Sardaukar,

You have forgeting Lenna Yamazaka, I know you have faught along side many people and may not reamber it. So i'm not mad, I was within Agents as it was my frist Fleet. Then We flew together as Ravens. I know how it is to be in debit and it sucks. I hope it does not get to the point that what is happing to you will happen to me.

I wish you and your family smooth sailing and You are in my prays that it will get better and soon.

Wishing you better times ahead
Lenna Yamazaka
AKA Jessie

Two weeks™ Later and a new sig.

Email Linna Yamazaka {Vice Admiral}   Goto the website of Linna Yamazaka {Vice Admiral}
DangerBabe
Cadet

Posted: 2005-01-22 10:42   
Bummer to hear this. I hope things will work out soon.

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Page created in 0.026053 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR