No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +1.3 Days

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » The truce is RETARDED!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
 Author The truce is RETARDED!
.spaivxx.
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2005-01-23 17:44   
Less han twenty four hours after I posted this thread, we are at full blown war again. Come now, isnt it better this way? More targets, more life in the game. I am glad to see things working as they should again.

.spaivxx.
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2005-01-23 17:44   
Less han twenty four hours after I posted this thread, we are at full blown war again. Come now, isnt it better this way? More targets, more life in the game. I am glad to see things working as they should again.

Fornax
Marshal
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2005-01-23 17:53   
I think you exaggerate the length and breadth of the truce -- and, ugto/icc were definately fighting this afternoon/evening.

I find it interesting that it required a concerted effort and many weeks -- in the past, when UGTO/K'Luth established a truce to wipe out the ICC, I think it took less than 10 days to accomplish.

Nax

[ This Message was edited by: Fornax on 2005-01-23 19:38 ]

.spaivxx.
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2005-01-23 19:10   
I agree, there are great players on all factions, and I should like to think that I have friends on each faction as I have flown with and against most of you. If this were real life I would be all about truces, cooperation and peace. Even if we had a huge player base and several factions, truces and such would add an element of intrigue, but as the game is now, truces just limit potential engagements.

I have said forever that it would be sweet to abolish factions and make each fleet it's own faction. I think that would rock, all the drama of truces and betrayal and all that stuff that makes for cool sci-fi movies could actually exist in game then.

RedDoggy(1)
Fleet Admiral
Agents

Posted: 2005-01-24 08:50   
One reason why the truce held so long was that it added another element to the game. Trying to co-ordinate with another faction was pretty cool, like stopping yourself from attacking anything red (lol).

Sure there were times that the truce almost failed or did degenrate into a fight (like in Ross, ICC and UGTO were allied except for that system).

Another time there were 14 UGTO and ICC all about to face off. I took it upon myself to warn UGTO that some ICC may attack and should be ready to WH out. It was so freaking cool, like the Cuban Missile crisis or something. Hardline ICC wanted Blood, and some UGTO didn't want to back down.

And of course accidents or ppls trying to break the alliance were delt with brute force if they didn't get the message. Nothing like running away from your own faction member who is trying to hide/use you as a shield.

Lol, good times. Well fighting Kluth was getting really old, so I left DS. Truce is over, so maybe I'll come back, love UGTO and ICC battles. Kluth why don't you join one of the two. I'm really sick of needing ECM and playing hide and seek with Kluth anyways. Not my idea of fun.

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-01-24 09:12   
Quote:

On 2005-01-23 08:06, Azreal wrote:

Sure, we wiped ya's, but we did it on our own, not holding someones coat tails.

You have the game on your side Azreal.

One on One ANYSHIP against its counter equivilant (siphon v ead or ad). The kluth will always win.

Its not due to skill

Or lag

Its down to the simple fact....that you have every god damn thing in the game running on your side.

It is shown that even WITH the truce, a few weeks ago, you where holding us off with only ONE AC by going into a random system and just caping it very quickly.

Its sad that the ICC and UGTO have to truce to beat the kluth. TWO FACTIONS are needed to beat ONE.

I challange ANY ONE of you kluth players to come over to UGTO and ICC for a few days after kluth have re-established their foot hold.

Its all very well you saying its not because you are uber, or its just pure skill, if you havnt experienced what WE have to put up with EVERY DAMN DAY.

Fatal Command (CO)
Marshal
Fatal Squadron

From: over here in New York noticing some ppl are like canoes.....they need to be paddled.
Posted: 2005-01-24 20:26   
thats what I said in another post..took 6 ships to cap in a DAY what AZ capped ALONE (unless he's lying which I doubt.never known him to have reason to do so).go figure.

Email Fatal Command (CO)
Creeping Shadow
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2005-01-24 20:51   
BLBLBLBLBLBLBLBLBLBLBLBLBL

ha truse shame on u UGTO .. how can u allie with the SKUMS of the universe .. heheheh ICC SKUMS ... ohh and kluth smells ... only ugto rules

BLBLBLBLBLBLB

>o.0<

Doran
Chief Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-01-24 20:58   
BLBLBLBLBLBLBLBBLBLBLBLB
wb ruff

JRE
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2005-01-24 21:01   
You know whats going to happen next? Kluth attacking on one side, ugto on the other, and icc widdled down to a few planets then icc starts to gripe. Just kinda noticed that happening tonight. Thats my prediction.

.spaivxx.
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2005-01-24 21:03   
good, i like fighting against the odds, no fun to be on an advantaged side.

Dempster
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2005-01-24 22:50   
Quote:

On 2005-01-24 20:51, ruff {Vox Dei} wrote:
BLBLBLBLBLBLBLBLBLBLBLBLBL

ha truse shame on u UGTO .. how can u allie with the SKUMS of the universe .. heheheh ICC SKUMS ... ohh and kluth smells ... only ugto rules

BLBLBLBLBLBLB

>o.0<

go ruff go!

Drajka (The λ Snark)
Cadet

Posted: 2005-01-26 10:03   
Yes.. Yes. Indeed.

Yesterday, I was basically anti-truce, and going to attack an ICC, regardless of truce status. But they attacked me before I was even in the least threatening. So.... It seems I'm not the only one who dosen't care for the truce.

To be honest, I was rather confused/unready to fight this ICC threat! I know how to fight kluth, and I'm very good at that. But with the ICC, I didn't know where to start. I got destroyed like 3 times in a row, because I had no idea how to properly combat the Assault Dreadnaught. With it's damn ... 6 lasers, or however many they have, I was completly outgunned, and such. It's alot more fun too. I have often logged off, and just gave up playing for the day, because it's so hard to find the K'luth unless they're activly attacking a planet. They're ///always/// cloaked, so, it's extremly difficult to just come to them and pick a fight. But ICC is almost always visible! So I can have someone to play with even if there aren't any K'luth around. I keep getting ganged up on and destoyed, but it's fun to be playing with more people.

If any of you are like me, then officially abolishing the truce will equal a higher average of players at any given time.

Speaking of such.. Why does the MV NEVER EVER EVER EVER go below "14" players? Even at 5 AM EST.

Just my thoughts.

Fatal Command (CO)
Marshal
Fatal Squadron

From: over here in New York noticing some ppl are like canoes.....they need to be paddled.
Posted: 2005-01-26 10:25   
if you think finding kluth is hard now.....wait til the patch.....they will be COMPLETELY undetectable.They will be able to decloak....fire/bomb/drop inf so fast you wont have a chance to react...unless they timiing has been increased.Now granted that will add an element to the kluth.....but then all they need to do is sit at SY planet in a fleet with a piercer....wait for some poor slob to spawn.....decloak......fire en'masse.....recloak....wait for the next 1.think that WILL be the major flaw to being undetectable.

Email Fatal Command (CO)
Drajka (The λ Snark)
Cadet

Posted: 2005-01-26 11:37   
I don't know if this is the right forum to talk about this... It seems like it's kind of straying from the point, but you're right.

It would however, make scouts/beacons invaluable.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Page created in 0.021713 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR