No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +19.0 Hours

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » repeated shipyard spawing.
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
 Author repeated shipyard spawing.
Feralwulf
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2005-01-28 17:26   
I have never Docked a Station, then respawned a new one. It does annoy me when others do it, but I really don't much care about it.

I mean, WHY do they do it? 1) To deny another player the kill? Well I generally don't try to kill so, Big deal that. 2) to protect their Kill/Killed Ratio? Uh..........check my profile (kill/killed) means nothing to me.

It can't be to aid in the defense of the planet because you are actually hurting your cause in some systems that have low resources such as Nicea, Oblivion, and Orc etc. If it were to aid in the defense of the planet then you'd stay out until the death THEN respawn another station.

Is it Unsportsmanlike? Well yes it is.
Is it unfair? Uh....... "He didn't LET me kill his station!! boo hoo hoo!! Waa waa waa Cry cry Tears tears" Grow up.
Is it against RoC?

Quote:
Using "shortcuts" and game "quirks" to gain unfair advantage is frowned upon.
While not technically against the rules, such actions nevertheless are unsportsmanlike and unfair to other participants who are playing fair and not using them. Generally, repeated and blatant offenders may draw warnings (as well as more severe actions) from game officials.

While not technically against the rules,

Doesn't sound like it is really.

Now we have this Kami bombing crap.

I personally never REPEATEDLY Crash bomb. I have, do, and will, Crash bomb at times but I see no reason for that other than to deny the defender, that just popped up, the Kill that the Planet def started and did most of the damage. (again "He didn't LET me kill his Bomber!! boo hoo hoo!! Waa waa waa Cry cry Tears tears" )

The vast majority of my planet collisions while bombing have been due to that 5 - 60 second delay when you try to turn away that we affectionately call "Lag". Yet I have twice this week been threatened with being reported after just ONE yes ONE!!! such bombing run where I have crashed. I tell ya. how bout waiting to see if I crash 3 or 4 times before you accuse me of anything other than a lousy connection?

To be Honest (and NOT trying to point fingers) but it's more often Clav pilots that Kami Bomb and I really can't say that I blame them all that much for it. (those suckers turn like a Dump truck) I can turn my Command Dread away from a planet and not hit it (landing most of bombs) easier than I can a Clav.

Kami bombing:
Unsportsmanlike? Yes

Unfair? The players is Kami bombing for crying out loud! HE WILL BE BACK! RUN over his bombs! Kill em before they reach the planet. HIS success vs YOUR failure to react is UNFAIR!? Quit crying.

Kami Bombing against the RoC?

Quote:
Using "shortcuts" and game "quirks" to gain unfair advantage is frowned upon.
While not technically against the rules, such actions nevertheless are unsportsmanlike and unfair to other participants who are playing fair and not using them. Generally, repeated and blatant offenders may draw warnings (as well as more severe actions) from game officials.

Well Using "shortcuts" and game "quirks" to gain unfair advantage is frowned upon. So I guess I can see an arguement here (however lame it may be)

SHOULD Kami bombing be against RoC? Until They can fix it to where my ship TURNS when I want it to EVERYTIME I think it would be very hard to prove Kami bombing. so no it shouldn't be against RoC. If a UGTO or Kluth Bomber is repeatedly bombing a planet and crashing then By all means an ICC Mod should come in and after observing a half dead planet, and at least 2 Crash bomb runs give em the Boot. As I recall several Mods and Admins went in to watch Nimala COB not too long ago.

How many Bomb runs would constitute SY abuse / kami bombing anyway? 1, 2, 3?

Sure you can MAKE these things against RoC at some point.
Make it against RoC to get more than one bomber in a 10 minute or 20 minute span. Make it against RoC to Dock a damaged ship. Make it against RoC to Crash a bomber into a planet.

While we're at it. Make it against RoC to FAIL to respond to the "xyz planet is being attacked" distress call. ANd make it against RoC for anyone under ......say...........70% hull to E jump to avoid Death (again "He didn't LET me kill his Crusier HE E JUMPED!!!!!! boo hoo hoo!! Waa waa waa Cry cry Tears tears" ). Lets fix it where only ONE SY can be built in a system regardless of Faction. Only one Planet in each system capable of maintaining a SY. I can't defend against this bomber at one planet AND that bomber at another planet so lets fix it where only ONE bomber is allowed.

Yeah lets just Over restrict this game entirely. If I can't win then I want a Rule that helps me win!!

Enclosing I would just like to say:

Quote:

3.1 Code of Conduct for Players

3.1.1 General
DarkSpace is a community.
DarkSpace is more than simply a multi Player game; it is a Community of people who have come together for the purpose of mutual entertainment. .................
.........Out-of-Game, we are all human and we all still make mistakes.
In all cases, both Players and Staff should realize and accept this simple truth. All participants are asked to be vigilant in policing their own conduct while giving due consideration to this simple fact of life. After all, gaming is all about entertainment. When it ceases to be entertaining, it is time to "turn it off" and do something else.

When it ceases to be entertaining, it is time to "turn it off" and do something else. This is what I do.

Oh! and HUG !!!!

[ This Message was edited by: Feralwulf {I hug often} on 2005-01-28 17:36 ]

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Page created in 0.006623 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR