No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +1.3 Days

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » My First Kill
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
 Author My First Kill
Steamrunner
Cadet

Posted: 2005-02-01 14:34   
I jumped on a bit late last night after seeing the UGTO had taken most of the flag planets, and there were 5 people on, but lying low or away I guess. There was a first-day midshipman on, and I helped him out some, but told him to read the manual after a while because he was driving me nuts.

As soon as Him and I capped Titan and were going to cap Europa, with Uranus being the only ICC planet to us, the UGTO came by in a gunboat (YAY) and then left. I explained to the new guy that either he or the Kluth would come back and take the planet once we built it. Not more than 5 minutes later, a K'luth ship bio-bombed the planet and dropped infantry, and was gone in about 30 seconds. I barely had time to scrap the installations before Titan was taken.

I could see why the K'luth took the planet, as the UGTO outnumbered them 6 to 1 easily and us 10 to 1 or more, but there wasn't much we could do about it. I decided to fish around and see if I could happen upon an unsuspecting ship, and I found the UGTO Gunboat patrolling near Saturn I think. I was about to leave, when a silly K'luth ship attacked it, and when the K'luth was low on armor, I sped in and attacked the K'luth a few times. And as it was pulling away from the UGTO with about 5% hull left, I was able to destroy it with the lasers from a whopping Sensor Frigate. I promptly got hit from the gunboat's barrage intended for the K'luth, and then I shot at it a few times just for fun. A SHORT while later with my shields down and my hull crackling with lightly damaged systems, I pulled off and went to the ICC gate.

The player asked me if I wanted to help him fight off the K'luth or attack him, and since I forgot how to /send to a targeted player, and his name had a few clan symbols in it, I kept messing up the message telling him it didn't matter really-he could win if he wanted having 5 flag planets and an unsklled K'luth player. I feel a *little* bad taking his kill, but not really. I helped a decent amount, and I was in position to do it. We were also technically enemies, and all is fair in war. I think just because he was in a destroyer that's enough right there.

Hope it wasn't too long and boring. After dying 13 times, my little unsubscribed self was really happy to get a kill. For not playing that much, I have almost 1000 prestige and some decent stats after only 16 or so days.

See you in Darkspace

Steamrunner

Lrauka
Cadet

Posted: 2005-02-01 17:59   
Congrats on the first kill.

Bobamelius
Grand Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-02-01 20:50   
Keep up the good work.

Email Bobamelius
Lord DowneyBUM (UK)
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2005-02-02 05:52   
If its red its dead. good work i say.

Goto the website of Lord DowneyBUM (UK)
RedDoggy(1)
Fleet Admiral
Agents

Posted: 2005-02-02 06:25   
"If its red its dead. good work i say"

I hope there are exceptions to that rule of thumb,

Working on getting my #200 kill, and it feels great each and every time,

.spaivxx.
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2005-02-02 09:00   
Well, now you got a taste of blood, you must subscribe!!!! come to the MV and get much pres and bigger ships and squash bugs and uggies all day.

Rogue Spear
Grand Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-02-02 11:42   
As my sensor frigate came out of the gate I quickly checked the navigation screen to find my first target. Bingo........target aquired. A player by the name of Af Transport ignorantly went afk in orbit of a barren planet, I dont recall its name. As a young midshipmen fresh out of the tutorials I knew it wasnt going to be easy and this Af guy obviously had alot of confidence to just leave his ship sitting there like that. It didnt matter, I am Rogue Spear.....and soon everyone in this game will know and fear the name.

I jumped on the un-suspecting n00b and unleashed a deadly combination of cl100s. Af, somewhat startled by my precision attack returned fire with a weapon of which I had not yet seen.....the rail gun! I was somewhat caught of guard by the new death gun that had been unleashed on me, however my keen piloting instincts took over and I managed to evade destruction at 43% hull. Now it was my turn, over the next 15 minutes I wittled away at Af's hull until it started spewing plasma from the back. A player on my team tried to ruin my glory by quit telling me to shoot friendly transports, but I put him in his place with a series of well placed insults to his mother and a plathora of profanity. As Af Transports hull reached 1% I messaged him and let him no that there was no escape from Rogue Spear. He died quite pathetically, without a word.... As the words Af transport destroyed by Rogue Spear became emblazoned at the top of the screen I got a message from someone that read:

[-GTN-]Demorian whispered: psssst hey dude, you wanna join my fleet?

And that my friends is where it all began. It just goes to show even the most influential people in human history had to start somewhere, and you can too!

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-02-02 11:47   
Quote:

On 2005-02-02 11:42, Rogue Spear wrote:

[-GTN-]Demorian whispered: psssst hey dude, you wanna join my fleet?

LMAO!

Feralwulf
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2005-02-02 15:51   
Gratz on the 1st kill. Even though I have 255 kills I Rarely ever try to kill, but I remember my 1st kill.

Fattierob
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2005-02-02 16:48   
We all love Rogue SPear. that was great.

Oh. and gratz on the first kill. My first one was a tranny too =D

.spaivxx.
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2005-02-02 17:10   
Do not remeber my first kill, I was just glad when kills finally exceeded deaths, now I am trying for a 2:1 kill:death ratio

Makani
Cadet

Posted: 2005-02-02 22:26   
My first kill...

It just happened. I was in a scenario mission, it just started, and I hopped on the nearby planet of... Luycor I think. I dropped inf, jumped back to the homegate and switched to an engineer, and started working on it. As soon as the depot was built, I sent a message out and people gathered around the planet for reloads. (it was our first depot.) Well, the K'Luth saw all the ships gathereing around, and sent in 4 bombers and a transport. We managed to intercept them at 300 gu away from the planet, us three frigates and an engineer, but one slipped through and bio bombed the planet. Luckily, nothing was destroyed. *whew* I went back and shot my particle cannon, CL 500 and tractor beam at him. He turned around and tried to flee, but didn't jump for some strange reason. I tailed him, with a few of my teammates' IT missiles hitting him as well, until with 7% hull left I killed him. Unfortunately, one of the enemies saw me at 2% armor and 7% hull left, went over and railgunned me to death.
But still, woohoo!

Daylight \"The Beginning\"
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2005-02-03 18:30   
Working on my 1500th kill and can't remember my first...BUT... I sure am glad you are enjoying it..keep up the good work and if you see a K'luth Dessy...RUN!

Email Daylight \
TheBumble
Cadet

Posted: 2005-02-04 03:36   
Gratz - steamrunner, you are now where we all began...

I (Bumblebee) am unable to remember my first kill - it's to long ago, but this first one is, without a doubt, something special

keep it up and enjoy

Kills 2118
Killed 438

not bad ratio at all

Archon
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2005-02-04 04:51   
I remember one of my kills...

It All Started me flying a talon... I was steering around a system that was being attacked by the ruthless UGTO. A EAD Named "Little_Chaoz" came charging towards one of our last planets... He was immediately swarmed with a possible 50 Larvae... It began to lag... and i saw him retreat to a planet... I Decided to engage him.. i flew directly at his wounded ship and fired a fore shot and BOOM! Killed The Mighty EAD with my talon and i ran

Ahh good memories. ne ways, gratz

~Insanity Is Only The Beginning~

Email Archon
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Page created in 0.028016 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR