No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +5.5 Days

Search

Anniversaries

21th - Chubba

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » My $0.02 on 483 thusfar...
 Author My $0.02 on 483 thusfar...
Coeus {NCX-Charger}
Admiral, I can't read,
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2005-02-03 20:52   
To put it bluntly: I don't like the way its headed. Three main reasons why.

1) Speed - Way too slow. Now true I have only played about a dozen games or so, but its that first impression that makes or breaks a game. I found that the 8gu severely limited my tactical options by way of manuvering - even in the frigate with 11gu it was like dueling with slugs.

2) Armor - what the frig? Two questions about this: why is there so much of it (answered by problem three I believe) and why are there so many rings of it? Way our of proportion - any time the armor is thicker than the ship, it just doesn't look right, doesn't feel right, and gives the wrong impression as to the actual situation of the armor IMO.

3) Weapons - I am all for the archs - I love the idea, but the execution of it thusfar leaves a lot to be desired - every ship I've seen thusfar is useful in only one way: closejump, alpha strike, and E-Jump out if they get behind you or outnumber you. No strategy, no tactics, just closejump, spacebar mash - and the low speed compounds this problem by removing most of the dodging ability.

Some things that I DO like however are the clear-cut differences between component slots - and I love the idea of if your armor is gone your hull is paper thin - and although I have yet to see the K'Luth in action I eagerly anticipate the new cloaking dynamic.

Just my $0.02.

Darkspace: Twilight

Goto the website of Coeus {NCX-Charger}
BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-02-03 20:56   
@1

New drives arent implimented yet, they work on the old hull values.

@2

Faustus' armour code generates a line for every armour value or what now, the new armour is more powerfull so the code is drawing more rings.

@3

Yes and no, we will have to wait untill certain things are implimented.

Tael
2nd Rear Admiral
Palestar

Posted: 2005-02-03 21:13   
As stated repeatidly in every thread before, Beta is a testing platform...

We allow the players to help us test the dynamics to ensure things like lag are squashed and to help locate any bugs before they hit release.

For now the ships are mainly in for F and I to test them. Players get to see them, but they are not at their final level yet.

Again, look at the dev log to the left... If the ship isnt listed there, then it has not been updated yet.

These ships have the new engines, but the speed modifier codes for each hull has NOT been implemented yet... As stated repeatidly before...

I suggest waiting until we complete the load out and the Dev log says new engine codes complete before forming any judgements...

Also, the armor ring code has not been adjusted yet because of the older ships that have not been updated. Once they are brought up to spec, then the armor code will be adjusted to show a more representative bar scaling.

Email Tael
Ragglock
Marshal
BIOnics Industry Syndicate

Posted: 2005-02-04 02:36   
inset comment here

just tryed one of the new ships and frankly

i hope its just a test

kluth scale as many weapons as an station ???

no room for elf but room for 2 fusion power ?

slow ships , i know about the new drives comming up, but what intrest me is how much impact are the huge amount of armor gona have on turning speeds and accelation ?

i would prefer lesser amount weapons on the ships, looks to me like an space bar smashers dream

waiting ad holding my breath

LOVE the smell of human flesh in the morning smells like MVictory

Goto the website of Ragglock
Placebo
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2005-02-04 06:05   
Is anyone listening..?
They keep stating this is not the entire package...
You say as many weapons as a station? Well thats as many weapons as the station in the old version, in the new version, I highly doubt it will be.

All this I don't like this, don't like that. Ok yes, we should comment now and then to help them develop the game, allowing them to maybe see a mistake and change it. But this constant complaining is pathetic. People please enjoy the new stuff, as its NEW and untested. Test it, report bugs and have some fun. But please stop, testing, reporting bugs, whinging about balance or the way things are heading. As quite obviously, we all don't know exaclty where this new patch is taking us. (Except the developers , well I hope they know where it is going...)

But yeah, in short. Please stop complaining, as it is becoming quite pathetic.

Your misinformed friend,
Placebo.

Ragglock
Marshal
BIOnics Industry Syndicate

Posted: 2005-02-04 06:40   
read what i wrote

its a remark aswell as question on the new ship layout / weapon

no one is complaning here.

dont go overboard on it would you.

im probaly one of those current in DS that have played and testet Darkspace more than anyone, so i would think my questions are sertified.

LOVE the smell of human flesh in the morning smells like MVictory

Goto the website of Ragglock
Axianda The Royal
Fleet Admiral
Terra Squadron

Posted: 2005-02-04 09:57   
Still its good to know the opinions of all players, from time to time problems will get adressed that no one else hasnt and that helps out a lot.

as for the ships, i love em gimme one on the release side NOW

- Axi

Beast
Cadet
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2005-02-04 15:59   
If you want speed and want to run around in circles at fast speeds go play a flight sim.

I personally like the new speeds I dont think a dread nor a cruiser should be jetting around like fighter pilots and being able to dodge missiles. and torps.

While I,m all for speed lets leave that to scout ships and frigs not cruisers and dreads.

Email Beast
Placebo
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2005-02-05 05:46   
Quote:

Your misinformed friend,
Placebo.

I wasn't specifically pointing you out, even though I quoted somethin you said. I didn't mean it like that and I wasn't really pointing anyone out. There are just many threads here which keep questioning the development team, which I think is silly, cos they are doin a good job....
But yeah, thats my opinion...

Page created in 0.013003 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR