No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +5.0 Days

Search

Anniversaries

21th - Chubba

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Beta Testing Discussion » » Stealing planets
 Author Stealing planets
Distel {Combat BUMpkin} Stolz
Cadet
ExtraTerrestrial Space Bums

Posted: 2005-02-10 19:42   
I signed on to the Beta server today....and was atounded to find the Kluth availalble. So I joined the beta server and was also pleased to find that Mythrandir had transfered over my pres from MV...Nice, now to build up some planets and try out some bigger ships. For the better part of an hour, I was completely alone in the server. Some other players (UGTO) came along, and I explained that I would appreciate it if they didn't bomb or try to cap....They didn't respond, but didn't bomb or cap either...fine no problems.

However, with a mere 58 minutes remaining, several Players who normally play ICC in the MV started attacking a mining planet that I had developed (Proc 1, the only source of Hypermatter, btw). I had been building the planet for more than 1.5 hours. They capped it...since I had thought I would have the chance to "TEST" in the Beta server. So Hypermatter gone and no ships available from the SY I had built on Proc 14b.

Thanks a lot JRE....you made the testing process a real joy for me...all for 58 minutes or less of game play in a beta server. Nice going mate. And please don't whine about my "scrapping" the buildings on Proc 1, it took me more than an hour to build them.

Someone needs to explain beta to this Jerk....its about testing. Which I didn't get to do. And considering the last few times I have tried beta, its only been ICC and UGTO, who knows when I will get the chance to "TEST" my chosen faction?

Faustus? Mythrandir? DO something about this; if anything, beta should be about cooperation....I would have Given Hypermatter to any who asked, but no one even bothered. Its enough to make a body quit paying.

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-02-10 19:49   
JRE....I thought you knew better than this...

Also a few others like Genghis Khan have been bomb + cap happy. Bombs need to be disabled along with unloading inf on an enemy planet /me thinks. Either that or equip a def base with 20 torps.

Ignight
Admiral

Posted: 2005-02-11 14:55   
I too am having problems with players capping my planets. WeeWiz bombed mine and Dawiz capped it. I had stated to them that during beta they weren't supposed to, but they laughed at me.

I would encourage any Dev/Mod who reads these forums to enforce those rules they set by active testers who are obeying those rules. Otherwise, what is the point.

If they wont play fair and by the rules....do we have any chance?

Respectfully....

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-02-11 15:18   
As a note.

We did give the planet back, I spoke to WeeWiz and the other guy.

Another note, if you have the only planet with a resource, say Uridium, and everyone needs it, and you have defence on the planet, I will bomb the defence off the planet, if anything that isnt defence gets destroyed it is your fault for not responding to the plea's I send out over /yell.

It is EVERYONES responcibility to let people play the beta nad have fun, we are hear to test and NOT play the game normaly or for personal gain.

Shigernafy
Admiral

Posted: 2005-02-11 16:37   
I also try to equip the planets with enough resources to make it an enjoyable game. This will hopefully avoid most problems with planet theft.

/report works in beta too, though it only goes to mods logged into the beta side. You can try that, though, if something's going wrong.

Email Shigernafy
Tael
2nd Rear Admiral
Palestar

Posted: 2005-02-12 00:31   
Heck I'll just make it simple, if you cant abide by the ground rules we have placed in the Beta Testing Guide and myself or another developer catches you, then we will just zero your beta profile again and flag you to fly nothing higher than scouts.

The only people that should be doing any hard core bombing at the current time would be myself or Faustus, since we are still hammering out ship layouts, we havent moved to testing of the bombing system.

Once I am ready to test that portion of the system, the Beta News will be updated and I will ask players to build up basic planets, probably only one or two per system soley for the purpose of test bombing.

Email Tael
BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-02-12 04:06   
I just hope thats enough, threatening a player with a report doesnt seem to work anymore :/.

JRE
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2005-02-14 03:25   
Ok distal heres my response, for your info icc had but a couple of nonsignificant planets with hardly any resourses. You all on the other factions capped our planets and the map got messed up. And yes "I know better than that" I only played for about 20 mins so dont start throwing daggers at me about a planet that for 1 was messed up when I started bombing/capping it and 2 trying to get some resourses to try something other that a scout. With that said a mod was there helping me defend the planet that I capped and started building. So before you start accusing me of crap get you facts straight. Also, it wasnt a flag planet and I was bombing to get used to the fact you cant bomb straight on (bug or no I'm not sure). Any admin or mod who wishes to punish me for this, Im on daily so you can find me sometime.

Page created in 0.028579 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR