No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +5.2 Days

Search

Anniversaries

21th - Chubba

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » UGTO GA Station
 Author UGTO GA Station
Virus
Marshal
Courageous Elite Commandos

Posted: 2005-02-22 08:04   
Ok its nice to see that the GA rank has a ship to fly, But the GA station is somewhat pointless yes it had a 1QST which it not that good ATM. Yes it had a build now at the cost of a reload so without modding you only have 1 reload GREAT! No self-repecting GA would fly this more then 500gu from a planet. The plain FA station with the 3 reloads its the better choice. What the GA station should have is a dictor or 4 reload on board after all it’s a GA station right? Dropping the QST wouldn’t be a bad idea too QST should just be on dreads, as 1 QST on a GA station seems a little pointless and with the way the weapons are laid out the fighters are the only ones beating the enemy down. Last thing is the GA station going to hold more troops as well ??

After all that is said and done I know its only beta and things can change (let hope this is one)

Demorian
Fleet Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-02-22 10:53   
Wakey wakey.

-Dem

Virus
Marshal

Posted: 2005-02-22 11:49   
Yes thank you Demorian

Drafell
Grand Admiral
Mythica

Posted: 2005-02-22 11:54   
The way I understand things atm....
The UGTO have 2 Stations added. the Support Station which is for support, strangely enough, and I am expecting the one you are talking about will be renamed to something like the Sector Command Station. UGTO will possibly get a 3rd station being a Battle Station. hopefully we find out more in the next Dev meeting to clarify the roles these stations are to fulfill.

Goto the website of Drafell
Ragglock
Marshal
BIOnics Industry Syndicate

Posted: 2005-02-22 15:11   
just took the sector command out think its nice huge amount of fighters and 7 or 8 spicials for all from ecm to eccm tractors fusion

who can whish for more

seams like a good long range ship to use at planets for defence

LOVE the smell of human flesh in the morning smells like MVictory

Goto the website of Ragglock
Tael
2nd Rear Admiral
Palestar

Posted: 2005-02-22 16:12   
The UTGO second and third tier stations accidently kept the name of the original, I have fixed that and it will be reflected in the next update.

The way the stations work are simple:

FA:
Support station: multiple repairs, mostly defensive weapons (thus requires a fleet to protect it in forward areas.)

GA:
Combat Station: Heavy on offensive weapons, increased power systems, but only has minimal repair facilities and defensive weapondry, requires power management (alpha striking will quickly deplete power stores).

Command Station: Heavy defensive weapondry with moderate offensive weapondry. Long range support of fleet actions via increased fighter squadrons. Minimal repair facilties augmented with Build capacity. Additional structural reenforcement (increased armor/shielding)

You are not getting any single super ship, each ship has pros and cons, when used together in fleet operations they augment each other. A fleet that takes all battle grade stations out might do a lot of damage initially but quickly find themselves out of power and overwhelmed by faster and more agile smaller ships.

Email Tael
Demorian
Fleet Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-02-22 21:31   
Say it after me.

U.

G.

T.

O.

Oh seriously, when are the rank requirement changes going in, Tael?

[ This Message was edited by: Demorian on 2005-02-22 21:32 ]

Linna Yamazaka {Vice Admiral}
Vice Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2005-02-23 00:48   
Quote:

On 2005-02-22 21:31, Demorian wrote:
Say it after me.

U.

G.ot

T.otaly

O.wned

Is that what you ment to say Dem? ? ? ?

Two weeks™ Later and a new sig.

Email Linna Yamazaka {Vice Admiral}   Goto the website of Linna Yamazaka {Vice Admiral}
AdmBito
Grand Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2005-02-23 01:04   
Is there any way station weapon mounts can all be made full? This only makes sense for so many reasons:

1) Stations are slow, and firing two weapons at a time is useless, regardless of the station type and shielding.

2) A station is a large enough vessel that it would be plausible enough to think that the builders took the extra room to add turrets to the weapon systems.

3) Stations are not fast enough to turn and bring all of their offensive and defensive weaponry to bear at the needed time.

4) A station with 8 cannons, for example, will only be able to fire two per quadrant. Regardless of how strong they are, they will not be enough to ward of a ship from charging them, or simply self-destructing under them.

Puppies gotta die, too.

Tael
2nd Rear Admiral
Palestar

Posted: 2005-02-24 13:45   
In exchange for giving a small amount of ships damage points for armor damage (ie, 100% points for hull, but 1% of the points for armor damage) due to stronger armor ammounts, we'll also double or tripple the effect of resources lost and Friendly fire...

So unless you are sure you are going to get the kill and a lot of ships damage points, you may rethink simple suicide SD runs. If you know you are going to die anyways, then the SD wont really hurt you, but constantly pulling out new ships to SD should quickly demote you.

Email Tael
Virus
Marshal

Posted: 2005-02-24 14:56   
Very interesting.........

I hope people are taking notes

Strom"DaBum"Moon
Cadet
ExtraTerrestrial Space Bums

Posted: 2005-02-24 16:06   
um I see a problem with making FF more prestige damaging. We K'luth can't see each other cloaked. There is not enough time in a firefight to check and see if the friendly is in the way or not.

bah, never mind just remebered we are going to have to fight like humans again for the most part

[ This Message was edited by: Stromberg Moon on 2005-02-26 00:06 ]

AdmBito
Grand Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2005-02-25 20:22   
Will kamikaze be turned back on as a viable prestige gain method?

Puppies gotta die, too.

Page created in 0.023091 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR