No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
03/30/24 +1.6 Days

Search

Anniversaries

21th - Doran

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » A simple request to engineers going wild.
 Author A simple request to engineers going wild.
jefferson clay {F-WWOW}
Cadet

Posted: 2005-03-03 09:45   
I don't know who or how many you may be (although I'm pretty sure you'll recognize yourself/elves), but dumb engineering habits have to stop or at least significantly slow down.

Quick context, we UGTO are more or less having a rough time at the moment , nothing to cry about, but no reason to ease the task to our foes. In the big capping/losing/bombing/recapping(loop) process, I'd like to insist on the fact that building planets must be seen as providing assets to your faction in any given situations (would it be invading a system or defenfing it), not only farming building prestige for the only sake of your badges.

A few examples :

-If you don't understand why some planets carry 3-4 shields, and as many sensors, do not bother scrapping them to put on your uber lvl1 def stacking.
- If you're happy with your 18 def planet (all lvl 1, sensorless, 1 rax), you're totally wrong and I can only hope you figure why in the end.
- If you want to try this brand new ICC/kluth build you just got, there's no need to put 5 shields on a shipyard planet in the middle of a 5 planets cluster.
- If you think sensors are just here for fun (I have so many examples of sensorless places), you haven't yet met enough kluths.
- If you think depots are useless on a couple planets, just wait for the time your fleet will be rendered useless in no time because of high repair time ...

And so many more I can think of as I know what planets I build, for what purposes and what they finally look like ( i was really really happy to re re rebuild a few systems less than 48h after I thought they were clean).

What really gets me mad ain't really the obvious beginner's work, we all once were noobs (call it whatever you like), it's more about the fact you may think your experiments have no consequences when they have some for your entire faction, don't think for yourself think about what you can bring to the people around you when building. If you need pointers about anything, just ASK, vets are not newby eating ogres.
If you're only going after prestige and badges, I can only hope you understand how wrong you're doing.

Enjoy, this is only a game ...

Lord DowneyBUM (UK)
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2005-03-03 10:37   
as your sig says.
Its only a game.
ROFL

Goto the website of Lord DowneyBUM (UK)
jefferson clay {F-WWOW}
Cadet

Posted: 2005-03-03 10:47   
Don't misunderstand it, it never meant bits of the said game can't be done seriously.
When I play football (soccer for some), even though it's a game doesn't allow me to do whatever stupid things I'd like too, especially with a team factor involved

Enjoy, this is only a game ...

Lord DowneyBUM (UK)
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2005-03-03 11:18   
No, your totally correct in all your original post. Jefferson.
and i do agree with what you say, however it must be tempting as a newb to equate multiple def to equal better, rather than level of def etc.
Planet building is an art form. It takes time to get it right. Then some damned Kluth (thats me) comes along and levels the pop and inf in two runs.
But lets not get into the Kluth troopship Carrier debate.

Goto the website of Lord DowneyBUM (UK)
IronDuke
Cadet

Posted: 2005-03-03 13:01   

There is rarely a need for more than one Shipyard in a system, some larger systems safely support more, but there is no need for 3 or 4 shipyards in even the largest system; esp. when those Shipyards are on vunerable single planets. It's a really bad idea. They can give the enemy an easy foothold.

Shipyards should be in the centre of clusters. Front line Shipyards don't need tech 90 or 100. Tech on front line Shipyards should be enough to replace the stock ships you may use. i.e. Transports and Engineers. Generally more defense, more barracks or more depots are almost allways a smarter idea. Keep your garrage stocked up with ships built and modified in safe inner systems.

Feralwulf
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2005-03-03 15:19   
I have always believed, that ......

1) Shipyards belong in Clusters, MUST have a Starport, and MUST have at least one Depot.

2) A Shipyard cluster should consist of a minimum of 1 Barracks planet , 1 Depot planet & 1 Death star planet.

3) With the exception of Shipyard planets all planets should have at least 2 perferablly 3 or 4 Sensor bases.

4)ANY planet that has more than just metals for resources should have a starport, ESPECIALLY those with the more Rare resources.

5) Mod Planets should have at least one Depot and 2 of each type factory.

6) Shipyard planets should have at least enuff tech to spawn Frigates, Engys and suppys (Glances at Nimala) some MAY disagree with me here.

7)Except for in a very few systems and clusters, Fighter Bases are USELESS.

8 ) When your Faction is Invading then by all means Build Planets in any way, shape or form needed to help keep what you have capped and further your efforts. HOWEVER once a system is in control it should be constructed in a way that has each planet serving some sort of singular purpose (no SY/Mod/Depot planets or Depot/Racks Planets)

9) Lone planets should NEVER be Shipyards, or Mod planets or for any reason have any tech. They should probably be Barracks planets, since they are easier to bomb and the mass racks would probably help to make them harder to cap.

10) IF you want to work on your Engineer Badge...........Play in Newbie server. PLEASE.

In closing I'd just like to Hug you one and all

Coeus {NCX-Charger}
Admiral, I can't read,
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2005-03-03 16:00   
Quote:
vets are not newby eating ogres.

Stop spreading your lies!

Darkspace: Twilight

Goto the website of Coeus {NCX-Charger}
Page created in 0.013492 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR