No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
03/30/24 +2.1 Days

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Jump cruiser / Wormhole complaint
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
 Author Jump cruiser / Wormhole complaint
hlavac
Cadet

Posted: 2005-03-04 16:14   
I have just been disgusted with what i consider an awful exploit of the jump cruiser.

While the remote end of the wormhole is placed somewhat random, and cannot be created inside planets, the local end is placed directly in front of the jump cruiser and remote end can be created inside sun's kill radius.

So what they do is drive toward you so that you are at the spot where the wh will appear, and create a wormhole into the sun - instakilling you, whatever you are in.

I hate it.

Edit: Title changed as this is not an exploit. ~ Tael

[ This Message was edited by: Tael on 2005-03-04 18:07 ]

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-03-04 16:21   
Unfortunatly, even though it is an extremely cheap and lame tactic, its about as legal as using a toothbrush to clean your teeth.

Its the same story with flux, "one button to rule them all". Hopefully some limitations, or perhaps a total removal of the jump cruiser, will be in beta.

Untill that time, just smile and enjoy the fact that although you died, and the person who did it may be a higher rank. That person has no skill, and did not deserve that kill.

Lux (Polaris)
Fleet Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2005-03-04 16:34   
Woah, been trying to do that. Mastering the destructive capabilities of wormholes..

[ This Message was edited by: Kitsune{NavSpecOps} on 2005-03-04 17:18 ]

Loyal Admiral of the Interstellar Cultural Confederation Navy.
Senior Commander of the Raven Warriors, the ICC elite.
Captain of the Assault Dreadnaught \"Gungnir\"

Email Lux (Polaris)
Starfist
Chief Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-03-04 17:27   
i cant see this as an exploit as it takes alot of skill to get the wh on target, gratz to whoever the pilot is,

i've to do this tactic myself and failed miserably, died trying hehehe,in fact my intended target killed me ,

but then again lets make another whine post,, in fact lets just do away with all weapons in DS, and just ram each other,and if DS was set up this way, there would still be ppl out there complaining about his ship is faster then mine, and i cant ram him. go figure

as for the jump cruiser, i would rather see it back with the jumpdrive as it would make PCM bombing alot easier, and getting away from enemies alot easier also.

as it is ICC need at least 4-5 jump cruisers and a couple supplys to even make this ship viable for any offenseive action we do with it.Our most use for this ship is to create wh from one system to another to get to battle, why, it uses less resources and tech then pulling a station.

so lets be raelistic here, a jump cruiser created a wh destroyed one player, im sure the rest of your faction that was in system saw him in their nav screen,enemy ships jump the JC, is this ship capable of getting away, no its not as he has to wait approx. 4 min. for his wh to recharge, where were your teammates?,planet camping while this was going on, why didnt they jump the JC?,to axact revenge for you.

Bobamelius
Grand Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-03-04 17:28   
I think it's pretty cool, actually. Especially against those pesky stations...

Email Bobamelius
Drow
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2005-03-04 17:36   
You know why we reply to all this whine? Cause we have all the Cheese!

He made a WH to kill you? Well you now have 4 minutes to get in a new ship, get to him, and kill him since he now can not run! Get revenge.

Bad_Skeelz
Cadet

Posted: 2005-03-04 17:40   
I agree with Bob, that's pretty nifty.

The moral of this story, once again, is to not get too close to enemy ships. We can't ram and 100gu is good enough for anyone.

-Excerpt from Vice Admiral Skeelz's court-martial regarding the malignant boiling and eating of K'luth prisoners of war.

Email Bad_Skeelz
Enterprise
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2005-03-04 17:50   
Hey now, if we can put up with other junk Kluth come out with, ICC can certainly have their fun with their JC...

I remember when I used my station on Alien Mastermind..right into nicea...boy that was funny...

..though not for him...

-Ent

Tael
2nd Rear Admiral
Palestar

Posted: 2005-03-04 18:12   
Its not an exploit, just like point jumping onto your target isnt.

Wormholes take longer than Jump Drives to recharge. So if you get wormholed, you have a lot of time to come back and kill him.

Plus, the person using the wormhole is now left without a way to escape (or ejump when it is charged). If they do manage to open a hole and go through trying to escape, you can just follow them and kill them. So there is a big downside to using the Jump cruiser or station wormholes.

Also, the person that kills you with it gets no, zip, zero points for you dieing. But if you come back and kill them, you will get a lot more points than you lost.

Dont move within 150 to 180 gu's of the front of the enemy ship and they can not wormhole you. stay to the sides or behind. tactics...

Email Tael
Abandoned Mind
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2005-03-04 20:22   
Know the Wormhole you enter!

If you can't avoid a deadly WH, oh well.

Feralwulf
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2005-03-04 20:34   
I can't count the times I've TRIED to nail somone with a WH

However I got no less than 4 people today without even trying. Was just opening for fellow Faction members to escape and .....BAM! out pops a bad guy

I've fell in quite a few WHs too, but never been killed by one..........well except for the one I opened into that Gas giant

KanaDIEn ^_^
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-03-04 20:37   
Quote:

On 2005-03-04 17:27, Cassius wrote:
i cant see this as an exploit as it takes alot of skill to get the wh on target, gratz to whoever the pilot is,

*caugh* *caugh*
Antoint
*caugh*

Email KanaDIEn ^_^
*DeathStorm*
Cadet

Posted: 2005-03-04 21:07   
It's pretty clever. And clearly not an exploit as falling into a WH is a side effect of the phenomenon and is a hazard in game as much as enemies are. Someone above said it, "know your wormholes".

Linna Yamazaka {Vice Admiral}
Vice Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2005-03-04 21:09   
This is not an Exploit as I've used the woarm hole to insta jump a fellow factiopn mate, and i got really good at doing it also. But it was jumping from one system to another and the faction mate was infrount of me.

Two weeks™ Later and a new sig.

Email Linna Yamazaka {Vice Admiral}   Goto the website of Linna Yamazaka {Vice Admiral}
JRE
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2005-03-04 21:25   
And again someone whining about something that effects him/her in a negetive way calling it an exploit. You know, I cant play as much anymore but when I do log on its seems there is always a new one.....

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Page created in 0.019998 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR