- Weekly DarkSpace
04/20/24 +1.5 Days

Search

Anniversaries

20th - Bizaro
15th - *Flash*
9th - Uziel Lt. Seraph

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Two years ago we lost a dear friend.
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
 Author Two years ago we lost a dear friend.
kenetiks
Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-03-06 11:14   
The thing that I fear most in life is not trying and failing, it is not being remembered after I am gone.

I have lost many friends and loved ones, and every year on birthdays, anniversaries, or special days, I take a moment to remember those who are no longer with us. And this is no exception.

I did not know him as well as others, but I was proud to call him a friend, a fleetmate and an exceptional pilot.

R33.uk was laid to rest on March 17th, 2003, and as that day draws near, I thought it would be nice, if we could all give a moment to remember him.

GTN, Darkspace, everyone, lost a dear friend. And may our prayers go out for R33, his family and friends. We miss you.

Two years ago we held a memorial for R33, if anyone wants to, I would be happy to get together for another one, in that system that is so honorably named.

Forever,
kenetiks

Email kenetiks   Goto the website of kenetiks
BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-03-06 11:22   
I think many will have words to say in this topic. Many players knew R33 somehow, and he was a great person. I didnt know him well, I could call him a distant friend, and he would turn to save me from almost dying, give me a hand with credits. Im glad I had the chance to know him, and its saddening that none of the new players got a chance to meet or know him.

R33, my hat goes off to you yet again, without you DarkSpace wouldnt be DarkSpace for me, and I wouldnt have had someone to teach me those all important new steps.

I hope your happy were you are, and that all your friends here are doing you proud by honouring you. I shall wear your tag untill the memorial that I hope will happen, I know I will be in the R33 system around your star on the all important day. I hope many will join me, and say a few words to honour the ocasion.

I will never forget the amount of posts and sadness that filled the bored that day that news struck us, we were all devistated that you, a good friend had left us. I wont forget when me, Banshee, Drafell and Darksworde raised our glasses for you at the UK meet, we wished you could have been there with us.

*raises a glass for R33*

Cya in R33 at the memorial.

[ This Message was edited by: BackSlash *Jack* [R33] on 2005-03-06 11:25 ]

Coeus {NCX-Charger}
Admiral, I can't read,
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2005-03-06 12:23   
I never knew him, but I wish I had from the stories told. I'll be proud to fly with you, if you'll have me.

*bows head*

Darkspace: Twilight

Goto the website of Coeus {NCX-Charger}
Strom"DaBum"Moon
Cadet
ExtraTerrestrial Space Bums

Posted: 2005-03-06 12:54   
He was a great guy, and a hard advasery in the MV. He shall be missed by those that knew him.

Xilaratu
Cadet

Posted: 2005-03-06 13:16   
Wow. I just don't know what to say.

In the short time I played back then, I knew R33 rather well. He's one I could count on to put up a good fight, and defend to the end. He was a great pilot, a good friend, and a great person to know.

May you rest in peace, my friend.

[ This Message was edited by: Darkspacian [R33] on 2005-03-06 13:17 ]

Tarnekep
Grand Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-03-06 13:20   
I would like to say I never got to know R33, and it is very hard to believe that i has been two years since.... As you all know that we lost someone special in our hearts too. Our Mom, she passed away in March 9, 2003. Stardancer and I will miss her dearly. So I am willing to join you in a prayer too.

Tarnekep

Feralwulf
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2005-03-06 14:04   
R33 unfortunately was before my time. Of all the people I have met here at Dark Space that I consider friends to think that a Player was so well liked......loved even....as to have a System Named for them, well he must have truely been an incredible person.

I hope I am able to attend any gathering in R33, I missed last years I didn't know R33 but Those who Did know and love him........I know and love.

Hellza - master
Cadet

Posted: 2005-03-06 14:20   
*salutes* i never got to knew R33
but i would like to pay respect in putting the tag after my name and also i dunno if i can attend cuase i am shore i got school..

farewell R33

Email Hellza - master
James Bum007
Grand Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2005-03-06 14:41   
I will defenitely participate in another memorial for R33, the first one was the best DS event I've being part of.

please weekend will be great.

Email James Bum007
UnknownWarrior
Grand Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2005-03-06 18:33   
I knew R33 in some ways, talked with him in the FA Games, even went up against him in the MV and got annihilated. He was a good guy, and was always there to help someone out who needed it. Ive never known someone that was that well respected. When the gathering comes around, hopefully it being this weekend, ill see if i cant sub for just the month and bring the AD out and give my repsects with everyone else.

*gives his prayers, and gives a toast in his honor*

-Razgriz

Email UnknownWarrior
Strategery
Grand Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2005-03-06 18:54   
I can't believe it's been 2 years. We've actually held 2 memorials for him, the first and then the 1 year anniversary. I'll be there as long as it's on a weekend.

[S.W] Grand Admiral Strategery
ICC Master Battle Strategist (ret.)
Proud Commander of the C.S.S. Ticonderoga

Email Strategery
BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-03-06 19:03   
For best interests I think the memorial should be held on a sunday close to the 17th, this I believe is sunday the 13th. The best time I believe would be 4PM GTM, this way people -6 GMT and +6 GMT should be able to make it. It would be apretiated if no one were to fire or undergo any enemy activity in the R33 system on that day, as a sign of respect to R33.

Lux (Polaris)
Fleet Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2005-03-06 20:33   
Moving. Emotionally, that is.

Loyal Admiral of the Interstellar Cultural Confederation Navy.
Senior Commander of the Raven Warriors, the ICC elite.
Captain of the Assault Dreadnaught \"Gungnir\"

Email Lux (Polaris)
Stardancer {C?}
Cadet

Posted: 2005-03-06 21:03   
I would like to say how sorry i am for everyone that knew him.. It's hard to deal with someone who has past away.. I salute R33 wish i knew him well as everyone else did... My thoughts and prayers to everyone that knew him. And id like to also say we miss you MOM also will be 2 years on March 9... god bless both of them..
Donna

Quistis {C?}
Cadet
Evil Empires Inc.

Posted: 2005-03-06 21:13   
RIP my friend

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Page created in 0.026505 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR