No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +5.3 Days

Search

Anniversaries

21th - Chubba

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » just an idea [revised]
 Author just an idea [revised]
Strom"DaBum"Moon
Cadet
ExtraTerrestrial Space Bums

Posted: 2005-03-06 14:57   
Well has I have been messing around in beta alot i've had a few idea's on improvment's. Ok it's an improvment for the k'luth, but hey it's what I play. As we can't jump or fight cloaked in this version, and i'll state again I understand no fighting cloaked but not the jump part. Anyway, this is just an idea to toss around.

Psi wave emitter system: an "optional" device to replace the standerd cloak on the [only] crusier class and above. In place of the standerd cloak; the psi emitter would be a constent [Not AREA, i.e. only the ship it's installed on] effect device. Drawing about 50% of the [Beta] cloaks power it works much like an ecm system by disrupting targeting systems. Benefiting a 25% chance for missles, and fighters [Only Missle and Fighters] to lose target at range's grater them 500gu. At range's under 500gu the precentage should drop to 15% at 250gu and 10% 100gu. This is due to weapons still reciving targeting data from thier launch platforms and the shorter ranges. The system will have no effect on torpedo or direct fire systems. The Psi and ecm, eccm, [Cloak] can not be used in conjuction however. [This means the K'luth ship is visable and targetable 100% of the time just like Human ships]

Like I said just an idea to toss around, and I wanted to see what other's thought of it.

Ok after a lenghty discussion in msn about this device: I will edit it to make my thought's a bit more clear. Anything in caption's is for the clarifiction of the playerbase about the system's effect's.

[ This Message was edited by: Stromberg Moon[R33] on 2005-03-11 12:26 ]

$milingJ35te|2™{=21st=}[R33HG]
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2005-03-08 19:31   
i think this is a good idea, i mean with this system there is still manual targetting for the ships, but with a twitch in it i mean u can still see the ship as its not "cloaked" i think this should be thrown around some

Jack 2.0
Cadet

Posted: 2005-03-08 19:49   
Its too uber, no anti-device. If anything, should draw 200% of the power the cloaking device does because of its effect of jamming EVERYTHING, just at different percentages. The reason you cannot jump is because you could effectivly just cap planets in one go via jumping around, go in via the planet all get in possition, uncloak, drop run away. You have the planet undetected and if you have about 6 trannys, your sorted. Even the other trannys can stay in orbit if the opposing faction try and get reinfocments.

That is why you cannot cloak and jump, to allow the other faction to be alerted of the precence of kluth, but not totaly. I think as it is, cloak is fair, I dont mind it, its not crap, its not uber, its just right. This device howerver, just feels too uber, as there is no way to counter it or win against it, you could just fly around with it on drawing only 50% the cloak does and jam everything for everyone.

Strom"DaBum"Moon
Cadet
ExtraTerrestrial Space Bums

Posted: 2005-03-08 21:55   
Well Eprin, did you even bother to read the whole post, or did you just go off blasting as a matter of course? Whats so uber about my proposed devise? Also please explaine how it would effect every weapon system adversely? Be construtive please, your bias is just a little old now.

[ This Message was edited by: Stromberg Moon[R33] on 2005-03-09 08:40 ]

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-03-09 06:43   
The way I see it is, the ICC and UGTO's long range ships (CARRIER DREAD / MISSILE DREAD) become useless. There is no way to counter it appart from getting close, which means you effectivly lose those ships in battle.

I hope this patch will be complete balance, if not close too, and this device just seems like one of those devices which could be used over and over with deadly effect, and as I said above, it just makes some of the other factions ships useless.

There would need to be some serious drawbacks of using this weapons, because the pro's are very, very, good.

[ This Message was edited by: BackSlash *Jack* on 2005-03-09 08:35 ]

Strategery
Grand Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2005-03-11 12:45   
I kinda like it, but i don't see too many negatives to using this device, which in 98% of cases then causes major OVER use of the device. You have to be de-cloaked to fire anyway so your not really losing anything by taking out your cloaking device. Backslash makes a good point, however he is overlooking the full data that you stated about the device:

Quote:

On 2005-03-06 14:57, Stromberg Moon[R33] wrote:

Psi wave emitter system: an "optional" device to replace the standerd cloak on the [only] crusier class and above. In place of the standerd cloak; the psi emitter would be a constent [Not AREA, i.e. only the ship it's installed on] effect device. Drawing about 50% of the [Beta] cloaks power it works much like an ecm system by disrupting targeting systems. Benefiting a 25% chance for missles, and fighters [Only Missle and Fighters] to lose target at range's grater them 500gu. At range's under 500gu the precentage should drop to 15% at 250gu and 10% 100gu.

So as i understand, your saying that over 500gu, missiles and fighters have 25% LESS chance of hitting the intended target. I would actually consider that tolerable, it's basically like an ecm for k'luth in this case. Then, the closer you are under 500gu, the less effect this device would have. In this respect, the power usage of 50% the actual cloaking device seems to be the right amount of trade-off. That in any case would be considered a positive for the k'luth as you gain more energy for using this device, which will be another salvo or 2 in a battle.

But as I stated above, are there any true NEGATIVE aspects of its use?

edit - corrected my understanding of Strom's original post

[ This Message was edited by: Strategery on 2005-03-12 10:56 ]

[S.W] Grand Admiral Strategery
ICC Master Battle Strategist (ret.)
Proud Commander of the C.S.S. Ticonderoga

Email Strategery
Trekkie_zero
Cadet

Posted: 2005-03-18 00:18   
I think the cloak should conceal you a bit faster, I mean you cant jump, you cant fight while cloaked least the cloak could make you invisible to sensors faster, and something Ive noticed lately is that ppl can still see the red diamond while your cloaked but cant target you, and thats pretty annoying... But the idea is kinda cool wouldnt mind seeing it in action before deciding if it was worthwhile, but would add a different strategy to the same combat and ship.

[ This Message was edited by: Trekkie_Zero{Lost Atlantian} on 2005-03-18 00:19 ]

Page created in 0.014060 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR