Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
04/27/24 +1.2 Days

Search

Anniversaries

16th - Eve_is_crap
14th - Durden

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » DS Vets
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
 Author DS Vets
Erk
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2005-03-06 15:25   
Suposal DS vets have really been bothering me AKA FAs. Now to me a DS vet is NOT a FA why you may ask because FA means your nothing but a glorifed noob i mean FA only takes a year. And a year a exp is nothing i have been playing DS since 99 and in beta i'm a VA [i mostly play in beta now days] i use to play in mv but i can only use Interceptor so i just stopped playing in MV. one day i was playing in Beta and a FA came in and well long story short he started acting a umm...mule. Any way i he said hes a FA and has a lot more since than me i told him I have 6 years of exp compared to his 1 year he told me i need to learn my place i told him hes crazy and has no clue what hes talking about. It has now come to me that saying you have 6 years of exp means nothing to DS players to day. Old DS everyone had a netruel respect even noobs got respect but now days not anymore.

So my point is until you can blast a old EAD 2 Combat Detroyers and a Assult frigate in a Interceptor then dont call your self a DS Vet i can. Until you have bombed a planet down to 15 troops when the planet has 15 Defs 3 bases on it and your in a bomber Detroyer do NOT call your self a DS Vet. Until you can Survive Threw the new update on UGTO or ICC in the mv [Kluth are going to kill everyone because they are now even stronger in beta but it is just beta but it dont look like anythings changing] do NOT call yourself a DS Vet. A DS Vet can do all these things and more a FA cant so FAs DO NOT CALL YOUR SELF A DS Vet unless you have at least 3 years exp. 3 years of exp then you can call your self a DS Vet but until then you just between noob and Vet.

Now i already know people are going to be mad a about what i've said but i live in a America i can say whatever i want. so dont get mad at me what i've said is true GambitZero out.

$wiss
Admiral

Posted: 2005-03-06 15:32   
Pardon my 'Know-it-all" syndrom...DS was not alive in 1999. Please, your greifing will not do anything.

AdmBito
Grand Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2005-03-06 15:32   
As a fellow American, I implore you to stop telling people where you are from. You grammar, formatting, and message are all terrible, and make my entire country and my fellow countrymen look bad. Please, for the sake of the Empire, stop speaking.

Puppies gotta die, too.

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-03-06 16:29   
What you have said is not true im afriad to say. Most vets know who the other vets are, theres a sort of "vets of the round table" if you will. You sir, just because say "DS WAS MADE IN 1999" (Which it wasnt, it was baught online in May 2001 by Faustus.), doesnt mean you are a vet for your long play time. Just because I havnt killed a dread in a combat dessy or bombed a planet in a dessy (I have but lets just say) doesnt mean im not a vet. I dont excel in a lot of things, I mean. I can bomb well, I can drop inf on a planet, I can build a planet and I can supply without getting in the way, but I dont EXCEL at them, I only really excel in combat because its what I do best. Theres MORE to just being amazing at everything and killing things in small ships to being a vet. You have to have skill and knowledge about the game, how to invent new ideas to counter your enemy.

Oh and just because your from America it doesnt mean you can say what you want. I beleive you will find there are strict rules here in DarkSpace which are from beyond the American "Free Speech" thing. You will also find that by saying you are right without actualy giving any real proof, will make you seem like a fool (sorry to say).

If your pointing at the fact that you are a "vet" because you shoot at dreads in a frigate, then you need a big lesson. I dont care what I fly, mostly the EAD because I know how to use it well, and i've flown in it for a very long time. Hence my reluctance to want to use anything smaller or different. I dont mind change, infact I welcome it, but that ship is MY ship, and just because one person says "your not a vet because you havnt killed anyone in a frigate!", doesnt mean its true.

But I will agree with you, Prestige, Points in a certain area, and ranking are NOTHING to do with skill or vet-ness. There is SOME degree in it, but a very, very small amount. The vets that play now, KNOW who the other vets are.

Bobamelius
Grand Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-03-06 17:10   
I'm sorry... was there a point to this thread?

Email Bobamelius
Enterprise
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2005-03-06 17:31   
Some newbie thats irritated about FAs who try and assert their superiority simply by stating:

Quote:

"IM A FA, AND YOUR A MIDSHIPMAN SO IM BETTERR THAN YOU HAHAHA!"

Which is case in point, not true in any aspect.

Also, stating that you are a vet by destroying a large ship with a puny one does not in anyway make you look bigger, or better than one here.

Being a vet in no way is represented by rank or prestige. It is not represented by stats, the kills you've made of the skills you have with an Assault Frigate. And it is NEVER represented by time.

You stand here with pure nerve and the audacity to state things
such as "ive been here for 6 years." and expect to make that alone better than supposed "veteren FAs" when DS wasnt even in BETA in 1999.

You would infact, have an ID less that Faustus, since DS did not go Release until 2001.

Above all, comming on here and creating a ranting post on veterens a little too full in the head, just proves how much of a newbie you are., as it is both making it out that you are indeed a fool for doing so but by saying since this America, you can do what you want.

Read this dude., since you seem to not have, and you will see many things implemented that makes it here not a complete "Freedom of Speech."

Your attempts at griefing DS have been ousted, good day to you sir.

-Ent

[ This Message was edited by: Enterprise Yasari on 2005-03-06 17:44 ]

Ragglock
Marshal
BIOnics Industry Syndicate

Posted: 2005-03-06 17:40   
did anyone order an VET , your pet is sick or what ?

LOVE the smell of human flesh in the morning smells like MVictory

Goto the website of Ragglock
Admiral Alucard (2IC)
Marshal
Exathra Alliance Fleet

Posted: 2005-03-06 17:49   
A bunch of scouts can be as powerfull as a bunch of dreads...just depends on who's pioloting them.

Quod nos non interficit, nos fortiores facitrnrn

Email Admiral Alucard (2IC)
Bobamelius
Grand Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-03-06 18:06   
Yeah, I've always wondered how devestating a fleet of assault scouts could be... heck, my sensor scout with 3 psicannons was able to keep the armor down on a Siphon and do some minor hull damage, even though it was quickly autorepaired. Assault scouts with 2 cannons and a torp could be quite dangerous, especially a large group of them.

Email Bobamelius
UnknownWarrior
Grand Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2005-03-06 18:29   
you just basically blew yourself out of the water. Everyones right, rank, prestige dont mean anything. But i can go ahead and tell you, looking at the time of their entrance into DS, their Kills against their Deaths, and you can tell who some of the real vets of DS are. Now im not going to say i am or am not, im just a person who plays. But you can at least show a SLIGHT BIT of repsect to the real Vets of DS by not doing this kind of junk again.

Email UnknownWarrior
$milingJ35te|2™{=21st=}[R33HG]
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2005-03-06 19:01   
Honestly Dude I feel these other guys have flamed u enough, so I'm going to keep this short and sweet;
A) I would love to see u do what u say in a frig, actually I would pay to see it
B) they obviously have FA for a reason, I mean unless the accnt was given to them, or what but they had to earn that PRES.
C) true there have been some knowledgable VAs in ur position..... however u have proven urself to NOT be one of those.
D) grab a thesaurus/dictionary/see jane run and do what ever it takes to improve ur sentence structure.
E) GambitZero
Midshipman
Star Destroyers

If u have any further questions regarding....."vets" feel free to ask someone who has been here longer then u "A" and "B" is a higher rank.... chances are, they will know better. hoowah?

[ This Message was edited by: $milingJ35ter{=21st=}(Can) on 2005-03-06 19:34 ]

Fornax
Marshal
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2005-03-06 20:49   
Quote:

On 2005-03-06 18:06, Bobamelius wrote:
Yeah, I've always wondered how devestating a fleet of assault scouts could be... heck, my sensor scout with 3 psicannons was able to keep the armor down on a Siphon and do some minor hull damage, even though it was quickly autorepaired. Assault scouts with 2 cannons and a torp could be quite dangerous, especially a large group of them.

From experience I can tell you they're awesome.
A couple years ago the ICC in the Admiral scenario server, en-mass, bought Scouts and assaulted the UGTO ships. Scouts vs Dreads...normally a slaughter, but we all ran ECM and considering the lack of warning it was deadly - the ones that ran, lived -- the ones that stayed, died mostly unable to even see us.

As to the whole 'Veteran Rant' - being a Vet isn't about raw Rank or time in the game. Quite a few have made FA in less than three months while it took me nearly two years...and a few have been playing longer than me but are much lower in rank.

I'd say being a real Vet is about how much time you actually spent in the game. Look around you - ask yourself who you wouldn't mind seeing jump next to your ship and who would make you wonder how many seconds it'll be before you're spawning a new ship?

Nax

Erk
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2005-03-06 20:52   
Yeah thats what i thought yall would say. So if DS standards are that low than this aint even worth playing. I'm not going to make any big good bye because clearly people dont know what old DS was like so good bye. WeeWiz out.

Darkspacian [R33]
Cadet

Posted: 2005-03-06 21:03   
First, I'd like to come right o

[ This Message was edited by: Darkspacian [R33] on 2005-03-06 21:04 ]

Lux (Polaris)
Fleet Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2005-03-06 21:06   
Ohh, you're WeeWiz! I saw you about two months ago! Just saying, had a moment of recognition, remembered when I pointed you out and Bito made a joke on your name. I'm not going to give any opinions other than that your post was more readable than ruff's, and that you are wrong about veterans. I won't go on furthur, so I don't accidentaly say something that will upset someone. Oh, and how exactly were they bothering you?

Anyways....do I sit at the round table of vets yet?
And yes, Bito, as you said, for the American Empire!

Loyal Admiral of the Interstellar Cultural Confederation Navy.
Senior Commander of the Raven Warriors, the ICC elite.
Captain of the Assault Dreadnaught \"Gungnir\"

Email Lux (Polaris)
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
Page created in 0.022576 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR