No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +5.5 Days

Search

Anniversaries

21th - Chubba

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » What's the point part 2
 Author What's the point part 2
Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2005-03-06 16:11   
I log in. I see that we have a planet under attack in Ross. So I spawn a ship and head to defend. Outnumbered about 8 or 9 to one, I still press in for the attack. Thought I'd get a fair fight. But somebody just presses V and I'm basically dead w/o being able to do much. No systems, even though I had a good bit of armor left. I manage to escape...barely, to which I just log out and head to Crit system, where the UGTO are invading. I jump in, get off 2 alphas, and some flash cube hits V. I self destruct to thumb the eye of the person fluxxing me. I log out. I write thread, then I log off for a LONG TIME.

Thank you, you worthless fluxxors. You have made this game SO fun. 10 minutes repping, 30 secs fighting, 2 mins running, 10 mins repping. Thank you from the bottom of my...well, my bottom.

And to the DS staff in general, how much longer is "there is a patch coming to fix that" supposed to keep me thumping down my money?

I mean, look at this!

Flux is being abused
Elf is being abused
Larves are being abused
Missions are broken
Grouping disallowed
Spawn bugs STILL happening
Orbit buggs (where you target a planet and POOF start flying there w/o intending to)
Alignment bugg is STILL happening
COBing is STILL bugged
Infantry that don't "hold" orders

And we just keep hearing about a patch. This is reminescent of when I started on DS a year ago. And a year later not much has changed except a bit of the lag has been lifted.

We need MORE modding in the game, not less. When the flux is getting stacked, the mods need to intervene, not join the game killers. If we can't get the dev team to get us a faster patch, then we at least need to make sure that the game is refereed to keep the proper balances.

Personally, flame if you want, I could care less. Thanks to the worthless fluxxers, I won't be logging back in for a while.

=Az=

Email Azreal   Goto the website of Azreal
BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-03-06 16:32   
I think you will find its Kluth who started the flux trend, and most people carry flux because of the kluth. Hence causing a loop, flux = flux = more flux = flux = complain = flux. By kluth using flux, most people mount it because they know someone, (ICC (because they carry it for anti kluth too) or KLUTH) will come along and flux them. Now you log off and make this post, the people that flux for a kick, and I dont mean one flux, I mean the 8 flux siphons and the 6 flux EAD/AD's. Will just go "HAHAHAH SUCKER" *flux flux im cool yo look at me flux flux flux*.

But get one thing straight, flux is UGTO's weapon, and i'll be damned if we arnt allowed to use one or two. 6 is over kill, but its our weapon. Dont forget that.

Alien Mastermind
Grand Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2005-03-09 19:34   
Kluth started it!

You say that without any factual evidence.

Email Alien Mastermind
NeoHermes (vigilance)
Cadet
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2005-03-10 00:22   
did this happen in beta or is there somesort of time warp...

"Never argue with an idiot. He will lower you to his level and beat you with experience"- Unknown

Email NeoHermes (vigilance)   Goto the website of NeoHermes (vigilance)
BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-03-10 08:58   
I swear I replied to this release...

Avernus
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2005-03-12 08:26   
Flux is one of the reasons I stopped playing this game. Why am I writing this? After being away for months I come back and see the same posts regarding the same issues. I am actually quite surprised it hasn't been removed comletely. Darkspace would be so much better gameplay wise without it in any shape or form.

Fatal Command (CO)
Marshal
Fatal Squadron

From: over here in New York noticing some ppl are like canoes.....they need to be paddled.
Posted: 2005-03-13 21:11   
hello AV....and Backslash...and yes..........flux WASAND SHOULD be UGTO only...just like pulse should only be ICC and cloak only Kluth....but......not a developer....so my opinion doesnt count.

Email Fatal Command (CO)
Avernus
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2005-03-14 10:13   
Heya CO how ya been? I think most players would not miss Flux if it was removed. I'm sure that alone would bring back people that were so disgusted with this game they just said too hell with it. It just bothers me that all this time people have been complaining and it has fallen on completely def ears. Nothing has been done at all. Clearly there is issues and they should have been resolved 6 months ago. I see posts about Flux and people complaining in the lobby which always breaks out into a you started it first argument. I mean does this game have to die completely before someone wakes up and smells the coffee. I'm Glad Gideon is gone he was a big fan of this lame device.

Launch ship, mod ship, reposition ship, fly ship to combat zone, get fluxed, repair jumpdrive, fly to depot or request supply or rinse repeat. It's SO LAME.

This is a recording...

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-03-14 11:36   
Actualy, if either of you two had played beta right now, you would realise that its locked to ONE per UGTO combat ship, and doesnt work unless a majority of that sections shield + armour are down.

Erk
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2005-03-14 22:07   
He's right it has been fixed. Sadly I never got to use a flux ship due to under age for credit so cant get subbed =(. But for your info Kluth are going to straight up kick butt in MV after update due to them having like 18 Disrutors [AKA a kill unless attacking dread like BD,EAD,Combat Dread, Dreads really oh and TC and AC] any who Kluth are going to kill off every UGTO or ICC because of their strenth so just hang in there game will change BIG TIME!!!

Avernus
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2005-03-15 03:00   
Backslash I haven't played in ages. Prior to posting that I did request my account be setup for Beta so I could see what exactly has changed. However that has not happened yet so what your asking or implying is impossible. I have the beta installed and have been waiting for three days already to get in there and have a look.

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-03-15 17:54   
You dont need to be GA to test things. Try going in at midshipman...

Untill then, Shigernafy just got back from holiday, and im sure the first thing on his mind wasnt "Lets go beta and do those new profiles!". Give him time and he will get too it.

Page created in 0.018817 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR