No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
04/20/24 +13.3 Hours

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Enough is enough....
 Author Enough is enough....
Enterprise
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2005-03-07 15:30   
Alright, I have the patience for many things, and can hold it for a while.

However, somethings go too far.

I few minutes ago, I lost 3 ships on Kluth, in around the space of about 3 minutes. All from planet collisions. 2 Gangilas, Fully modded, and a Hive. Thats around 300-400 prestige down the drain from lag.

How does this make me angry? Well, I can deal with losing my ships from lag when my JD is green and hit the EJump and it wont work because of the alignment bug.
I can deal with the lag when it prevents me from engaging an enemy properly, or prevents me from shooting back.

However, losing 3 ships from planets in that short space in time, really, REALLY, gets on my last nerve.

In detail, the first Gangila I lost was when I had jumped to Queenie, and hit orbit, and was orbitting, and suddenly I get the messeage ive been destroyed by Queenie. While im watching. I said "Oh well, ill mod another one here."

Next Gangila I lost was when I spawned another Gangila at Taf, and was orbiting Cya while modding, and suddenly as im modding sabots onto my Gangila, im suddenly destroyed by Cya. I was annoyed enough here to let out my feelings in faction chat. None were good.

Now here im on my final straw, and spawn another Gangila, get it modded and safely into the Shipyard, when I spawn a Hive for the first time, and was for fun trying to hit Jefferson Clay in his UGTO station, and since it missed by far and landed a bit close to their planet, I decided to spawn another WH somewhere near Queenie.

As I took out the second Hive, it was on a direct course towards Cya, and could not turn it out of the path in time. I was destroyed there, and severely damaged another Destroyer modding there in the process.

This disgusted me in such a way, that I seriously considered literally, trying to curse out every Admin in existance for the cheapness.

Ive lost many ships to lag, or glitches, I have had enough however, of it being this cheap. And though I know this will be ignored, or possibly flamed, I want to blame the 25 or so lost ships, with acompying prestige, on Palestar for the lag spikes that caused them or the glitches that kept me from getting out of the way...

And just as well, there are hundreds of people out there, who have had even worse things happen to lag, who actually try their best to not have to take it out on the Admins, or rant in the lobby. (Though maybe in game.) However, this in my view goes too far, since I feel I work harder and longer than I should for my prestige.

(Yes, those who knew me during my first year here, know what I had to go through.)

/end ranting.

-Ent

Crim
Fleet Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2005-03-07 15:41   
I agree ent...The lag is getting Terrible...Ive lost well over 3k of press in the past month running into bloody planets becuase of it...When I bomb, I will clear the planet and get about, oh say...350gu away and then boom, Im deystroyed by the planet...And the orbit bug or what ever it is, I press O and let it go for a second, and see im still going full speed for a planet..So I starting slamming the O key in an attempt to save my ship..Doesnt work. I hope the admins do fix this, its getting cheap...
-Crimson

-Smokey-
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2005-03-07 19:11   
LOL i lost 4 dreads in 10 mintes about last month i was 9k away from the planet all the sudden i was destroyed by the planet thats stupd ent u cnat just crash a ship and get your pres back that like using a toothbrush and taking it back to the store

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-03-07 19:17   
I've lost tons of prestige, probably have about 5k more if it wernt for lag, I dont care.

Plus, btw, Ejumping doesnt cause an alignment bug, only when you select a course and hit J does it do that.

Enterprise
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2005-03-07 19:40   
Since Ejumping does not require alignment, it doesnt show up. Duh.

-Ent

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-03-07 19:56   
er 0.o?????

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-03-08 02:03   
Quote:

On 2005-03-07 19:11, Admiral Smokey wrote:
LOL i lost 4 dreads in 10 mintes about last month i was 9k away from the planet all the sudden i was destroyed by the planet thats stupd ent u cnat just crash a ship and get your pres back that like using a toothbrush and taking it back to the store

Staff Feedback >

TheBumble
Cadet

Posted: 2005-03-08 03:01   
Dear Enterprise Yasari

I feel sorry about your lost(s)
To loose a ship is hard enough, but, sometimes, the nme is stronger, and/or more clever, or simply owerwhelming you
To loose a ship to the lag is much harder, i know, you can not fight back lag

WE have to fight the lag for you
Trust me, we take it serious, even if some "events" of lag are not "produced" from our side; even if no onlinegame is lagfree

fight on, we do the same

over and out

Hellza - master
Cadet

Posted: 2005-03-08 04:32   
Quote:

On 2005-03-08 03:01, TheBumble wrote:
Dear Enterprise Yasari

To loose a ship is hard enough, but, sometimes, the nme is stronger, and/or more clever, or simply owerwhelming you

Trust me, we take it serious, even if some "events" of lag are not "produced" from our side; even if no onlinegame is lagfree

fight on, we do the same

over and out

ah'm ah'm

Email Hellza - master
Enterprise
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2005-03-08 04:37   
Quote:

On 2005-03-08 03:01, TheBumble wrote:
Dear Enterprise Yasari

fight on, we do the same

over and out

Now all we have to do is invent the Lag Destruction / Lag Ban Cannon of DOOM™ to shoot the little bugger everytime it shows its head....

-Ent

Nim *
Chief Marshal
Courageous Elite Commandos

Posted: 2005-03-08 06:34   
Quote:

On 2005-03-07 15:41, Crimson {Planet Deystroyer of Doom} wrote:
I agree ent...The lag is getting Terrible...Ive lost well over 3k of press in the past month running into bloody planets becuase of it...When I bomb, I will clear the planet and get about, oh say...350gu away and then boom, Im deystroyed by the planet...And the orbit bug or what ever it is, I press O and let it go for a second, and see im still going full speed for a planet..So I starting slamming the O key in an attempt to save my ship..Doesnt work. I hope the admins do fix this, its getting cheap...
-Crimson

Your total resourse lost makes up 2169press. So howw can u loose 3k just from planet collision oO.

PS: Do u know ent or something? I always c u following ent which ever faction he goes.

Coeus {NCX-Charger}
Admiral, I can't read,
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2005-03-08 12:05   
/me shuttles the Lag Beast (an actual critter!) over from Asheron's Call & has it camp out in CD

Now NO ONE will be able to bomb our planets! MUWAHAHAHAHA!

Darkspace: Twilight

Goto the website of Coeus {NCX-Charger}
Page created in 0.020249 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR