No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
03/30/24 +2.2 Days

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Daily Screenshot
 Author Daily Screenshot
Lrauka
Cadet

Posted: 2005-03-08 14:59   
I was just curious if anyone knows what todays screenshot is? The file is labelled a "Mir Cruiser". I've just never seen it in the game before.. heh

|2eason
Grand Admiral
Agents

Posted: 2005-03-08 15:06   
That pic was an early draft of what the "Mir" could look like. The "Mir" were renamed to "Legion" and were supposed to be another race added down the road. As it stands right now, I am not sure what the status of this "Item" is these days...

- |2eason -

[-[A]-]|2eason the retired

Andravus
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2005-03-08 15:08   
Roflcopter, nice sig, L.

-Mo0o?

Email Andravus
Feralwulf
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2005-03-08 15:11   
Click on screen shots to the left.

08/05/2002 Legion cruiser

Last I heard the Legion faction was 3 - 4 years away (if at all) at least thats what Gideon told me but you had to harrass him about it just to get that out of him. No body wants to talk about a 4th faction atm. Got bigger fish to fry I think.

would like to see it myself.

Crim
Fleet Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2005-03-08 15:39   
Ahh the "Legion" about a year ago all this hype was up that the Legion would be coming out in the next patch...Hahah..It was funny watching the noobs today ask what the legion is,"Is it a fleet? Did they get rid of them after the first release?". Heh, If the legion Do come...I will gladly be part of its first fleet..I think the legion look like Gaifens

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-03-08 15:43   
Legion are a 4th race supposed to be added when the playerbase reaches a size of which the original two and kluth races become full. The original idea behind them is that LEGION (it being ONE), is mechanical and basicly acts like the borg and asimalates all ORGANIC matter, adding onto itself. The result being, it is very smart, but a bit skitzophrenic (crazy/mad). It can cloak (if I can remember), and shares quite a bit of weaponry with kluth, which is whome they are after, Kluth are fleeing from them because they do not want to be asimalated.

Legion followed KLUTH to Sirius, and encountered Humans. Its afriad of humans because they EMBRACE machinery, and are willing to plug it into themselves so they can control it, LEGION being a machine is a bit "OMG THEY CONTROL ME?", so its a bit scared, but it still wants kluth. Kluth want ICC and UGTO to destroy each other aswell as Legion via enciting battles between LEGION, ICC and UGTO.

I was never sure HOW Legion were going to become a race as Legion, as in the original plans was meant to be one. Gideon never spoke much on the matter but I have the original log file of when he went into it in MUCH detail.

I wouldnt bet much on this info being uptodate or true though, because Gideon, as most of us know (A Developer of DarkSpace), has left and in doing so, leave many and vast decisions to Tael and Faustus and the rest of the Admin team that help with the development.

KanaDIEn ^_^
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-03-09 01:30   
what jack said

Quote:

On 2005-03-08 15:43, BackSlash *Jack* wrote:
Legion are a 4th race supposed to be added when the playerbase reaches a size of which the original two and kluth races become full. The original idea behind them is that LEGION (it being ONE), is mechanical and basicly acts like the borg and asimalates all ORGANIC matter, adding onto itself. The result being, it is very smart, but a bit skitzophrenic (crazy/mad). It can cloak (if I can remember), and shares quite a bit of weaponry with kluth, which is whome they are after, Kluth are fleeing from them because they do not want to be asimalated.

Legion followed KLUTH to Sirius, and encountered Humans. Its afriad of humans because they EMBRACE machinery, and are willing to plug it into themselves so they can control it, LEGION being a machine is a bit "OMG THEY CONTROL ME?", so its a bit scared, but it still wants kluth. Kluth want ICC and UGTO to destroy each other aswell as Legion via enciting battles between LEGION, ICC and UGTO.

I was never sure HOW Legion were going to become a race as Legion, as in the original plans was meant to be one. Gideon never spoke much on the matter but I have the original log file of when he went into it in MUCH detail.

I wouldnt bet much on this info being uptodate or true though, because Gideon, as most of us know (A Developer of DarkSpace), has left and in doing so, leave many and vast decisions to Tael and Faustus and the rest of the Admin team that help with the development.

LAGION R A 4TH RAEC SUPOSED 2 B ADAD WHEN TEH PLAEYRBAES RAACHES A SIEZ OF WHICH DA ORIGINAL TWO AND KLUTH RAECS BCOM3 FUL11!1!! TEH ORIGINAL IEDA BHIND TH3M IS TAHT L3GION (IT BNG ON3) IS MECHANICAL AND BASICLY ACTS LIEK TEH BORG AND ASIMALAETS AL ORGANIC MATER ADNG ON2 ITSELF!111!!! WTF DA RESULT BNG IT IS VARY SMART BUT A BIT SKITZOPHRANIC (CRAZY/MAD)1!!11 LOL IT CAN CLOAK (IF I CAN R3MEMBR) AND SHAERS QUIET A BIT OF WEAPONRY WIT KLUTH WHICH IS WHOMA THEY R AFTAR KLUTH R FLENG FROM THEM B/C TH3Y DO NOT WANT 2 B ASIMALAETD1!!11 OMG

LAGION FOLOW3D KLUTH 2 SIRIUS AND ANCOUNTER3D HUMANS!!!!!! OMG w00t LOL ITS AFRIAD OF HUMANS B/C THEY 3MBRAEC MACHIENRY AND R WILNG 2 PLUG IT IN2 THAMS3LV3S SO TH3Y CAN CONTROL IT LAGION BNG A MACHIEN IS A BIT OMG THAY CONTROL M3??!???? SO ITS A BIT SCAERD BUT IT STIL WANTS KLUTH111!1 OMG LOL KLUTH WANT IC AND UG2 2 D3STROY EACH OTHER ASW3L AS LEGION VIA ENCITNG BATL3S BTWEN LEGION IC AND UG2!1!!!1! LOL

I WAS N3VER SUR3 HOW LEGION WER3 GONG 2 BCOM3 A RAEC AS L3GION AS IN TEH ORIGINAL PLANS WAS MEANT 2 B ONE11!1!11 LOL GIEDON N3VER SPOK3 MUCH ON TEH MATER BUT I HAEV DA ORIGINAL LOG FIEL OF WHEN HE WENT IN2 IT IN MUCH DATALE1!111! OMG HEHE!!
I WUDNT BT MUCH ON THIS INFO BNG UP2DAET OR TRUE THOUGH B/C GIEDON AS MOST OF US KNOW (A DAVALOPAR OF DARKSPAEC) HAS L3FT AND IN DONG SO LEAEV MANY AND VAST D3CISIONS 2 TAAL AND FAUSTUS AND DA R3ST OF DA ADMIN T3M TAHT H3LP WIT TEH D3VELOPMENT!111 w00t LOL

Email KanaDIEn ^_^
BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-03-09 06:37   
riiight....

Barthezzz
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2005-03-09 07:01   
Afaik: The legion doesnt assimilate anything, theyre 100% robot and hate biological life. Kluth are 100% Biological and therefor deserve to die.
Humans are next.

Thats what they said back when when i was still around

Goto the website of Barthezzz
BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-03-09 07:05   
Apparently they just sucked in all the brains of biological life...

RedDoggy(1)
Fleet Admiral
Agents

Posted: 2005-03-09 11:12   
"Mir" Cruiser, was operated by the Russians. I'm said to say that it burned up in the atmosphere some time ago.

Errrr, well I tried.

I wondering the same thing, glad someone asked.

Like the sig, but alas my dialup took forever, I was hanging on every word waiting for the next one. Good show .

Xilaratu
Cadet

Posted: 2005-03-09 13:50   
As if it will ever be put in

Cool beans though.

Lrauka
Cadet

Posted: 2005-03-09 15:41   
Ah I'd heard about the Legion, didn't realize Mir=Legion though.

A mechanical race would be interesting, though how a collective mind would fit into a MMORPG is difficult to speculate.

Page created in 0.019374 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR