No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
03/30/24 +2.4 Days

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » New Command Idea
 Author New Command Idea
Binks
1st Rear Admiral

Posted: 2005-03-16 19:23   
Maybe something like this has been mentioned before, personally I feel that (as a Vice Admiral subscribing either tonight, tommorrow, or friday) rank means nothing other than better ships, and that's just wrong...an Admiral should have more power than the power to get out a good ship...here's my idea, all Admiral ranks should gain command powers...here goes...Note: VERY LONG

2nd Rear Admiral: 2nd Rear Admirals gain the ability to order other players around via a revised missions ability, this ability allows them to select a friendly ship, designate a target for them, designate what they should do, then designate a reward. For example, Mr. 2ra logs in and sees a planet with only one infantry, a shield gen, and tons of fighter bases. He decides someone needs to grab a tranny and cap it now. Instead of clicking on it and spamming capture to everyone so that the one transport gets the mission, and not even knowing if they'll do it since there's no reward, he hits F2 to get to his navigational screen, selects a transport, or someone willing to become a transport, and clicks "Assign Mission". He then clicks on the enemy planet and clicks "Capture". Then a pop-up comes up allowing him to type in a credit reward to be deducted from his account. The Tranny sees "Capture x planet" pop-up on his screen, and when he hits F6 he sees "Capture x planet to recieve x credits in reward and the thanks of you empire!"

1st Rear Admiral: 1st Rear Admirals gain the ability to designate a friendly planet as "Vital to the War Effort in this System". This then causes all functions of the planet to be reduced in duration by 10% (Barracks take 2:00 to make an inf normally, if designated vital they take only 1:40 (note: only applies to new infantry, the currently being created one still takes the full time). All buildings build 10% faster as well and the factory works 10% faster also). Only one planet per system may be designated vital, and anyone of the same or higher rank than you may designate a new planet vital (If you're an Admiral only Admirals, FAs, and GAs can redesignate a new target, 1ra's can't) and a single player cannot designate more than one planet vital per game (aka once per MV reset in the MV, once per scenario in the scenario servers)

Vice Admiral: Vice Admirals gain the ability to designate an enemy planet as "Vital to the War Effort in this System". This causes the reverse effect of the 1st Rear Admiral's ability, making everything on the planet 5% longer in duration. Like the friendly ability it is one planet per system and once per game.

Admiral: EDITED: Admirals gain the ability to view a friendly units camera. This ability can only be activated once every 10 minutes, lasts for 30 seconds, can only be used to view friendly ship's cameras, and cannot be used on planets (wanted to emphasize this)

Fleet Admiral: Fleet Admirals gain the ability to hail all friendly units within 2500 gu's of them. This has the effect of boosting all powers of this ship by 10% (Armor recharge, weapons refire rate, energy recharge(decreased), JD recharge, acceleration etc....Does not affect build, reload, or wormhole creation). This effect lasts for 15 minutes and can only be activated once per game, or once per login/24 hours (whichever comes first) in the MetaVerse

Grand Admiral: Grand Admirals gain the ability to hail all enemy units within a 1000 gu range. This has the effect of slowing all of the ships function by 5% (armor recharge, weapon refire rate, energy drain (increased), JD recharge, acceletation etc....Does not affect build, reload or wormhole devices). This effect lasts for 5 minutes and can be activated once per game in the scenario servers and once per longin/24 hours (whichever comes first) in the MV

Edit:
Notes (wanted to add these but ran out of time): None of these abilities stack. You cannot recieve more than one mission (they expire after 5-15 minutes). You cannot designate more than one friendly planet, or enemy planet, vital (you can however designate one friendly and one enemy planet vital). Hails do not work more than once on a ship per timer (aka you hail, anyone else who hails a ship you hailed before your hail timer runs out is wasting their hail).

What do you guys think? I know it'd be a lot of work but I feel that it'd be worth it.

[ This Message was edited by: Binks on 2005-03-16 20:51 ]

Powered by Stormtroopers and Red Shirts

Purpura
Cadet

From: Living on top of a tiki hut bar enjoying the sun and the ocean
Posted: 2005-03-16 19:45   
not to horible but what whould happen for GA?
and another thing what if like 10 FA s got together and activated it all at same times they would be VERY hard 2 kill then now wouldnt they?

Email Purpura
BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-03-16 19:46   
Humm....Fa's could cause a stack effect, which would be devistating. 10 FA's activating that at the same time....ouch. Pinging = No, whats the point in scouts? GA and FA ... why make the FA one last LONGER and have a larger AOE than GA?

Coeus {NCX-Charger}
Admiral, I can't read,
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2005-03-16 19:51   
Could be fun.. but is it possible?
[edit]Because the GA one effects enemy ships negatively...

[ This Message was edited by: Coeus [NCX-Charger] on 2005-03-16 19:52 ]

Darkspace: Twilight

Goto the website of Coeus {NCX-Charger}
Ham&Swiss
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2005-03-16 19:51   
bravo, there r likely a few flaws, but that's really good...like it alot

Binks
1st Rear Admiral

Posted: 2005-03-16 20:46   
Backslash you are correct that the pinging needs to be changed, I couldn't think of anything else for Admirals to do but now I see a very simple system which is much better than pinging, requires less changes to the game, and makes scouts important (as they wouldn't have to waste time typing)...I'll go back and change that a bit...as for your second concern, re-read it please...I'm gonna go put the important text in bold...I have also added a sidenote section, it was my intention all along that these should not stack (note the wording in 1ra, one planet at a time) but I ran out of time when posting...I have clarified it a bit better...

[ This Message was edited by: Binks on 2005-03-16 20:52 ]