No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +23.8 Hours

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Little idea !
 Author Little idea !
lightning[Voyager][ A ]
Cadet

Posted: 2005-03-18 07:20   
I just think that like in star trek, with our laser, just pin point and attack the part of the enemy ship weeeere attacking, example, if im a ICC and im fighting a kluth, just pin point his cloaking device to put it offline.

Or if i would be a Ugto and fighting a fleet of cruisers, pin pointing there WH devide into the jump cruisers.

It would be kind of more strategic and would need more brain than normal space bar fighting

[ DARKSPACE STAFF ] Website & News Editor / DarkSpace.net [ FRANÇAIS ]

Email lightning[Voyager][ A ]   Goto the website of lightning[Voyager][ A ]
BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-03-18 07:42   
(You can already do this)

You cant pinpoint, but attack an enemy from behind will disable his drives first if he reaches below 50% hull.

lightning[Voyager][ A ]
Cadet

Posted: 2005-03-18 08:00   
i know that, but still, i would like just to pin point cloaking device... that we cant do yet, but it would be nice to do it in DS2

Doran
Chief Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-03-18 09:28   
we did have that feature briefly a few patches back (perhaps it only got as far as beta, i dont recall)

just like with friendly ships and planets, you could use the ">" key to cycle through components on enemy ships.

it got pulled out for whatever reason but you can see inf or a laser on an enemy ship sometimes

.spaivxx.
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2005-03-18 13:55   
would be nice if we could pinpoint flux. also, would be nice if damaged drives worked less efficiently. Take someones AME drives down to 60% and they have only 60% speed, 60% power to weapons, etc... THAT would make for some cool battles.

AND...... an emergency manuver, like SFC's High Energy Turn, would be sweet. You're in a claw, Mousey is on your butt, spin around and give him a face full of ruptors and elf and torps!!! SWEEEEEET

AND..... What about a more dynamic environment? Perhaps an area around stars where ship hulls slowly take damage from heat and radiation. Perhaps random comets passing through the MV, imagine some big fleet action disrupted because of a comet. Cool thing would be if you could see them coming way ahead of time (like a few days real time) and plan tactics to use them. OR how about BLack holes? Or randomly occurin WH? What about big roving asteroid fields or meteor showers. Or solar flares. Solar flares would be cool, in short range, like within a couple thousand GU of a star, they could be lethal, long range they could act as flux, extreme range they could be really annoying super ECM.

There are a bunch of really small changes like this that could make the MV much more dynamic a place to kll things.

Lux (Polaris)
Fleet Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2005-03-18 21:01   
I know the description of DS on the main page talks about Zero-G commandos, black holes, mind-blowing graphics, sweet nebulas, holes smashed into ships, and black holes, but eh. Black holes I don't think we need. It would be cool to have all of the stuff you mentioned, plus that AI (voice only) thing metioned in another post. I like your ideas. But not the instant turn one, or the SOlar flare Super ECM part.

But the rest of the ideas, I like. I think they are good, but they'll enver get around to implementing any of these very soon I don't think. Un;ess they were already working on it.

Loyal Admiral of the Interstellar Cultural Confederation Navy.
Senior Commander of the Raven Warriors, the ICC elite.
Captain of the Assault Dreadnaught \"Gungnir\"

Email Lux (Polaris)
Doran
Chief Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-03-18 21:04   
*coughlagcough*

lightning[Voyager][ A ]
Cadet

Posted: 2005-03-19 13:16   
... i see

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-03-19 13:32   
Basicly what Doran is saying is, the more things you introduce into the game, the more lag is going to be produced. Every object requires some CPU time, things with AI, (like fighters and missiles) use more than others. Wormholes force zones to sync in real-time with each other (theres usualy a 3-5 second delay). You have to think about these types of things when considering on publishing your idea's.

-Smokey-
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2005-04-09 23:11   
i like the idea

Puddle Jumper
Cadet

Posted: 2005-04-10 04:22   
*gasp* it would make the game a little more fun therefore it shall never happen.

But you can always dream about it.

Koda
Marshal
Fatal Squadron

Posted: 2005-04-10 05:57   
@Lightning

Having that targeting system would be cool, plus helpfull in many situations involving the need for more percision. like in ship capture. But like Jack said.. were just gona have to target the sections that you know where the parts are mounted.

@Spavixx,

Yeah, Id also like to see those dynamic environment changes. Even if it ment having to cut the area of the MV down, so there were no major increase in Lag.. but maybe it could be on a different server like FA or something?

That would really be something to have nebula slow your ship down.. or eat away at your armor. To be too close to the sun and start to loose armor instead of a collison aleart. Haveing a comet trail mask an approach to any enemy planet. Even haveing a Solar flare make some buildings on planets not work for a short time.. but someday with higher bandwidths...

Lark of Serenity
Grand Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2005-04-10 08:40   
actually, a comet may not be as hard as it sounds. if your speaking realistic terms, most comets have a recurring orbit around a given star (albeit an oddly shaped one most times). if it could be made possible to alter the shape of orbit patterns (thatd be awesome), comets could just be made a game object with a fancy tail and a creation of an ECM effect in that tail. itd be like a gas cloud glued to a rock. mind you you could do this without changing orbit pattern shapes, but itd look lame unless u shared comets between several solar systems, ie. put it in orbit around one star so that its ring passed thru 3 other starsystems.

Page created in 0.018866 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR