No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +23.0 Hours

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Beta Testing Discussion » » UGTO Carrier updates
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
 Author UGTO Carrier updates
Tael
2nd Rear Admiral
Palestar

Posted: 2005-04-04 17:53   
Thats the new UGTO Amamorphic Armor skin.

Email Tael
BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-04-04 18:01   
It has it equiped by default, you can mod it to any UGTO dread tho!

NeoHermes (vigilance)
Cadet
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2005-04-04 22:57   
...oh

"Never argue with an idiot. He will lower you to his level and beat you with experience"- Unknown

Email NeoHermes (vigilance)   Goto the website of NeoHermes (vigilance)
Bobamelius
Grand Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-04-05 21:31   
Quote:

On 2005-04-04 17:53, Tael wrote:
Thats the new UGTO Amamorphic Armor skin.

Funny.

Email Bobamelius
Binks
1st Rear Admiral

Posted: 2005-04-05 21:35   
In a test of the new carrier dread vs. a ltuh mandible (which is supposed to be the worst of the luth dreads, but is actually the best) I managed to do a whole 6% armor damage to him before running out of ammo...I didn't lower his armor AT ALL in the other carrier...ICC get like 20-40 missles per alpha, UGTO get 8 fighters which launch 3 missles per alpha...and those missiles are weaker than normal missiles, the current (non-new) carrier dread is worthless as anything other than a slightly altered BD, and the new carrier is powerless against anyone who knows how to hit control-b...I realize we're not in the "balance" phase of beta, but barely being able to hurt an enemy is not an incentive to continue playing...

Powered by Stormtroopers and Red Shirts

WinterRose
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2005-04-06 12:37   
Keep in mind that you can't upgrade things yet, and the fighters come at level 0. I'm hoping that level 8 fighters will definately make a better impact towards targets.

Email WinterRose
Ragglock
Marshal
BIOnics Industry Syndicate

Posted: 2005-04-07 04:56   
surgestion i would not try out ballance issiues against the most heavy kluth ships or any icc heavyes with long range carriers

not one on one basis.

remeber carriers is surposed to work with other ships, assult ships, to battel an enemy ship not do alpha strikes and battel down anything on their own

LOVE the smell of human flesh in the morning smells like MVictory

Goto the website of Ragglock
Tael
2nd Rear Admiral
Palestar

Posted: 2005-04-07 13:08   
Quote:

On 2005-04-07 04:56, Ragglock wrote:
surgestion i would not try out ballance issiues against the most heavy kluth ships or any icc heavyes with long range carriers

not one on one basis.

remeber carriers is surposed to work with other ships, assult ships, to battel an enemy ship not do alpha strikes and battel down anything on their own

Rag is correct, Carriers are truely team work requiring ships. A single carrier can deal out damage, but get two or three working together and targetting the same targets and they will decimate the enemy.

Carriers are ment as STAND OFF ships, meaning they are not suppose to go toe to toe with other vessels, but instead sit behind the front lines and send in their fighters. What basic weapondry they do have is defensive. Its foolish to try and take a carrier straight into Point Blank combat. Thats why carrier fleets employ picket ships/lines, to keep other ships from getting to close.

I've also done tests with placing the carrier at 100gu from a mandy and then set both broad side to mimic flying past each other (though not moving) and began constantly alpha striking and launching fighters, meaning each ship only brought 3/4's of its weapons to bear and the Carrier actually did substantial damage to the Mandy before being destroyed. Not that the two would ever sit broadside,but a skillful pilot could easily dole out massive damage to a Mandy.

Email Tael
BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-04-07 16:51   
Point is, most kluth ships can duke it out now...I thought the whole idea was to move away from the kluth being able to duke it out. I saw a kluth mandy sitting there, still as anything firing alpha's at a skilled pilot in an EAD (and later in a BD). The EAD got mauled and so did the BD. They couldnt deal any damage to the mandy before it had decimated the other ship.

Everyone I have spoken too (including kluth players), agree that kluth shouldnt get to use standard armour, and taht their armour strength needs to be reduced. They should HAVE to use hit and run tactics, but instead they are duking it out..its silly.

Griffinhawk
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2005-04-07 23:21   
well heck all the luth have to do is sneak up on ugto ships from the rear and alpha us

Goto the website of Griffinhawk
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Page created in 0.017550 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR