No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +5.5 Days

Search

Anniversaries

21th - Chubba

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » Ideas on ways people could obtain High Level Parts
 Author Ideas on ways people could obtain High Level Parts
Koda
Marshal
Fatal Squadron

Posted: 2005-04-08 03:50   
While talking to few other players about Higher Level part for ships. Ive been told that the highest lvl 15 parts arent going to be able to be made by players, and that Special Events are going to be held so people can get them.

I dont dissagree with having special events, and I do think it is a great Idea. Im wondering wether or not I have a conflict of interest in participating in those events for a personal gain while being on the event staff, and if there will be other alternatives on how to get these higher grade parts.

I would also like to suggest a way to get these parts in the MV.

If there were a way to Hunt for these parts, like searching for old wrecked ship in a huge Ship Grave Yard area ( where the Ships were more like planets in a more permanent sense). Maybe these vessels could even be from an ancient race. And this vast ship wreckage or ship Grave yard could be guarded/scavanged by Nasty little AI ships that one would have to fight. These parts could spawn randomly in the wreckage/s in a rare fasion, and while you go arround to find these parts you would have to fend off powerfull Scout/Frigate/Destroyer Sized ships, that guard the wreckage/s. And these AI could even possibly yeild some chance getting a high grade part, or medium lvl part.

I am not saying that this is a good scenario. But, If we could grab our lvl 10 scanners to explore and seek out these parts through an adventure in the deep dark regions of the MV, by way of Secret pirate base, or Ship grave yard, then that would be a Great Adventure worth writing a story about.

Also even adding a few Rare Resources that people would have to horde or have to go and seek out to make the higher levels wouldnt be a bad Idea. Ive always been bugged by they way such nice packets pop out of my exploded ships. how about Chunks of ship hull? or Refined metals? wouldnt the Gasses make a cloud? and not stay in a pretty box. If we could set up Refinerys.. like Factorys... that could process "Metels" into refined metels lvl 0.. and so on and so forth .. then that could add a whole new dimention to the game.

On a side note, It would be interesting to have to mine Sirris 1 for a rare ore. Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

- Charz

Griffinhawk
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2005-04-08 07:32   
sounds like homeworld where your getting that from. but it is a interesting idea

Goto the website of Griffinhawk
Rocki
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2005-04-08 09:33   
How about when you destroy a ship (player or otherwise) it drops one (or some) of it's gadgets... but instead of dropping like they were, theyre upgraded to some higher lvl, e.g 0-3 -> 4, 4-7 -> 8, etc... would give a nice reward for killing a ship with lvl 10 or higher parts

Tael
2nd Rear Admiral
Palestar

Posted: 2005-04-08 11:41   
Actually there are plans on how to get them, but I wont divuldge that info at this time...

Email Tael
Alien Mastermind
Grand Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2005-04-08 19:24   
Actually I was wondering whether it is possible to upgrade the lvl of the parts currently? I see quite a lot of lvl 8 stuff in the port, so it made me wonder... has it been implemented yet?

Email Alien Mastermind
Binks
1st Rear Admiral

Posted: 2005-04-08 22:25   
Nope...the level system isn't fully implemented...the lvl stuff in ports is thx to people swapping high level stuff for lvl 0's to get cash/high level stuff in ports...